Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 04:25

Arma 3 Boot Camp out now

Grihm

Arma 3 Boot camp

When seeing this, i cannot be the only one feeling hopeful? The rp commnity here + this. Besides, i bought Arma 3 yesterday, and i am just amazed. Really hoping to see what we have in DayZRP in Arma as well.

[video=youtube]

Isn't this just some singleplayer expansion/dlc thingy?

Here is the some release info.

SP Campaign

The 'Bootcamp' singleplayer campaign is the best place to get started with Arma 3. Introducing the basic principles of infantry combat - actions, navigation, and weapon handling - a short prologue campaign challenges new players to complete real objectives.

MP Bootcamp

Multiplayer Bootcamp is a great way for veteran players to help newcomers adapt to Arma 3. Offering a structured set of challenges for both trainees and instructors, MP Bootcamp uses the Zeus framework to give players the tools they need to create a tutorial gameplay on-the-fly.

VR Training

VR Training enables you to learn about basic game mechanics within the confines of a virtual world and practice without penalty. A variety of training topics focus upon individual gameplay elements, where players are guided to complete simple objectives with the support of contextual hints and tips.

Virtual Arsenal

Virtual Arsenal is a character, equipment and weapon viewer, which enables you to cycle through and try-out in-game assets, configure custom settings - such as identity types and insignia - and export loadouts to script or used in Arma 3 Zeus scenarios.

Ps. It is also free.

I tried out the Bootcamp missions took ~30 mins not bad TBH but the VR doesn't really fit with the rest of the game

The VR is basically the best learning-part i have seen in a game such as this. It gives everyone a fair chance to try out equipment and weapons + you can aslo use it to see how outfits look and go along with the intended loadout you plan to use.

Am planning to try out the RP on Altis later on as soon as i know the controls a bit better, but i really have hopes for it.

Also, there is another aspect for developing roleplaying events called Zeus.

Here is a very long video, but you can get the consept from just picking bits and pieces and watch as you please.

[video=youtube]

If you just want the core aspect, here is the official trailer.

[video=youtube]

Well ARMA is much for that with control and AI, but however, the key thing here is the multitude of options and the more polished system and to make use of it in roleplaying.

Just when walking around looking at the enviroment or while equipping new gear, it is just wonderful to see how smooth it all works. Have some friends playing police on a RP server and they are not even that into RP normally. Now they cant stop it seems haha.

Guest NackThePenguin

I so so want to get my hands on arma 3, but me being a poor dirty student means im waiting for the price to fall on steam.

besides there's still so much of Arma 2 I haven't explored yet!

• Sapphire

Really cool, maybe I this will make me dust off my ArmA 3 and try it out.

Just the bootcamp part seems really interesting for an RP server, and would also function as a reasurrance that all know what they are doing in that intended squad.

I tried the Altis RP, but it seems my client is not working as intended, so i cannot find all stores to purchase gear and such..but il keep trying it. Looks amazing, perfect sound and very very fluid. Have hopes.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone tried the Zeus part yet?

Know a lot of people are roleplaying in Arma 3 and i´m curious as to the missions that can be created in this and used as with DayZRP. The controls are so fluid, the amount of options and equipment is more than enough and i just hope we get to make use of it in some way.

I dunno what to say other then it is crappy, I did not enjoy the hour I played of it. Like every thing else in A3 but was just disappointed with Zeus.

To be fair, and hour is not exactly a rewiev. Perhaps it is needed a few more hours, but i will try it out my self now probably this weekend.

As it seems, i can very much see rp sessions and missions being played out in it. I weont online to try Altis life, but it just did not seem "complete" on that server i was on. A bit to beginner unfriendly.

Not yet tried the zombie mode there is for A3, but i guess thats just another thing on that to do list.

/moving to off topic