Server time (UTC): 2021-09-24 00:01

Some shotgun changes

Prince

• Emerald

Well i had put this originally on the "what we should change" thread but i got zero feedback except for bluepotatoes..so here we go

slug shotgun rounds need to do alot more damage. The current damage is only 4500 per shot making it a three hit kill. It is extremely difficult to get three rounds off in the normal shotgun cqc because of fully auto aks or m4s that can spray you down in an instant. i propose slug round get uped to 6000 damage per shot making it a two hit kill and actually worthwhile to pick up.

pellet round loot spawn overhall. for some reason pellet rounds are particularly harder to find than slugs and dont spawn with shotguns. pellet rounds irl are way more common than slug rounds because pellets are better for bird hunting and home defense because of the scatter. so i propose pellet rounds be easier to find in the loot spawns and actually spawn with shotguns.

saiga 12k buff! saiga 12k's should do about 6k damage because it uses slug rounds and irl would blow a giant hole in your chest.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-saiga-12-buckshot

Adding the AA-12 to the loot spawns. it probably should be pretty rare and only spawn in US heli crashes. I think the ammo that spawns with it should be a mix of pellets and slugs NO HE ROUNDS! This would make it so avid shotgun searchers can get a weapon that can be the equivalent of a pkm but in shotgun form and style.

infinite_aa12_ammo-77077.gif

• MVP

Saiga 12k pellets are being added in 1.4.0

Pellets already spawn, depending on the gun it depends what ammo spawns most frequently.

The other ones would require a surprising amount of effort and we aren't going to add the AA-12 sorry :(

• Sapphire

Yes! Finally! All hail Tamtam, the big red panda in the sky for this grateful giving!

Seriously, I have been waiting for this to happen my entire time on DayZRP. Ever since the Saiga was the first weapon I had found here, I wished there would be pellets for this gun.

Thank you Devs!

• Sapphire

Remember what the deal was TamTam? im gonna need your post address :P now

Jake stop making deals selling ! Control your urges

• Sapphire

But my deals work dont they :P some of them even benefit the community every now and again :P

But my deals work dont they :P some of them even benefit the community every now and again :P

I'm sure there is other ways to get things done lol. Selling your body should be a last resort. Sell other people first

#pimpinainteasy

• Sapphire

I'm sure there is other ways to get things done lol. Selling your body should be a last resort. Sell other people first

#pimpinainteasy

wow wow wow Who said im giving him my body :P im sure he wouldnt want it anyway :P

And anyway this thread is shotguns not about my deals keep on topic scrub :troll:

OT: personally i agree slugs are devastating in real life potentially more so than pellets in some cases the hole they would leave in you would be massive and at a shorter range to the chest your looking at blowing out someones rib cage yet on DayZ they do nothing.

I suppose they somewhat have to be like this though for Balance reason however i see no real problem with shotgun slugs doing around 6k damage which is just a bit less than a Lee Enfield i believe

• MVP

#pimpinainteasy

wow wow wow Who said im giving him my body :P im sure he wouldnt want it anyway :P

And anyway this thread is shotguns not about my deals keep on topic scrub :troll:

OT: personally i agree slugs are devastating in real life potentially more so than pellets in some cases the hole they would leave in you would be massive and at a shorter range to the chest your looking at blowing out someones rib cage yet on DayZ they do nothing.

"on dayz they do nothing"

Shoot someone close range with a shotgun slug ingame then tell me they do nothing :P

• Sapphire

#pimpinainteasy

Shoot someone close range with a shotgun slug ingame then tell me they do nothing :P

Time to do some tests on victor again then :troll:

And yeah last i checked people were still standing when i shot them from like 15m away

but then again.....I only found the MP5 now does like 2.5k damage a bullet over the weekend :P have you been making changes and not telling me?

• MVP

And yeah last i checked people were still standing when i shot them from like 15m away

but then again.....I only found the MP5 now does like 2.5k damage a bullet over the weekend :P have you been making changes and not telling me?

The MP5 hasn't changed at all yet...

Close range a shotgun no matter what type should be a 1 hit kill but the effective range needs to be worked on

Mp5 is a highly under rated weapon in my opinion,

• Sapphire

The MP5 hasn't changed at all yet...

Are you sure? because after some testing over the weekend turns out you can down a player from full blood to zero with the mp5a5/mp5a4 and the ms5sd6 in 5 bullets so they makes it about 2.5k-3k damage a bullet.

It also downs non viral infected in 3-4 bullets as well...

If you're being serious about not changing them then dont they work very well as they are currently.

Im sure i can film some proof for you if you wish :P

• Emerald

we aren't going to add the AA-12 sorry :(

*Breaks down sobbing dramatically*

Think of it this way. You are the only person to have one on the RP server in the entire of DayzRP history which is only on the shared hives.

• Sapphire

Thank you for including me here :) And Valkerion...you made a deal, I made a thread :troll:

• Sapphire

Thank you for including me here :) And Valkerion...you made a deal, I made a thread :troll:

I should start making dodgy deals more often it seems to be something people know me for at the moment and they appear to be paying off as well :P What should we get added next? Clan skins? :troll:

• Sapphire

I think we need Mr.Orions opinion on this.

Mr.Orion is currently Indisposed making a lot of Terrorist videos to send to the unbelieving Kafir of Chernarus :troll:

• Sapphire

Honestly, I think 6k damage for slugs might be a bit low. Considering that 12 gauge slugs have just over twice the energy of a 7.62x39 bullet (at roughly 100 meters), it might be better to have slugs do twice the damage of 7.62, which would be 8200. This could be a bit on the overpowered side considering how common shotguns are. A solution could be to make slugs much rarer, and have pellets be the main type of shotgun ammo. As said in the OP, pellets are more common in real life so this change could be both a balancing factor and a way to make the game more realistic.

Overall, I think shotguns should play a much bigger part in DayZRP. They're pretty awesome weapons and I'm sad that most people will pass up on a shotgun if they find one, or just ditch it for the first rifle they find. There are the few who will stick with a shotgun for RP reasons or personal taste, but I don't think many people actually do this. Changing shotguns to make them more powerful (and balanced) could easily reverse this.

• MVP

Honestly, I think 6k damage for slugs might be a bit low. Considering that 12 gauge slugs have just over twice the energy of a 7.62x39 bullet (at roughly 100 meters), it might be better to have slugs do twice the damage of 7.62, which would be 8200. This could be a bit on the overpowered side considering how common shotguns are. A solution could be to make slugs much rarer, and have pellets be the main type of shotgun ammo. As said in the OP, pellets are more common in real life so this change could be both a balancing factor and a way to make the game more realistic.

Overall, I think shotguns should play a much bigger part in DayZRP. They're pretty awesome weapons and I'm sad that most people will pass up on a shotgun if they find one, or just ditch it for the first rifle they find. There are the few who will stick with a shotgun for RP reasons or personal taste, but I don't think many people actually do this. Changing shotguns to make them more powerful (and balanced) could easily reverse this.

You'd be surprised how many people carry a shotgun :)

Also 7.62 (ie AKM, Mosin etc) does 8K damage. So no idea where you are getting your damage values from :/

• Sapphire

Also 7.62 (ie AKM, Mosin etc) does 8K damage. So no idea where you are getting your damage values from :/

Eh the AKM does 8k damage? since when? thought it was about 4.5k i thought the damage was calculated based on the actual mag.

For example:

AKM MAG = 4.5k

Mosin Clip = 8k

PMK Mag = 8K

Stanag Mag = 3555

30rnd AK = 2722

• Sapphire

I'm pretty sure there's three different kinds of 7.62. The one used in the AKM is the weakest, with DMRs and Mosins using the other two kinds. I was referring to the AKM which does about 4k damage.