Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:41

New guys trying to go Big

I've seen a lot of new people that join try to go big right away. A lot of people see videos (mostly from PsiSyndicate I believe) and jump straight on here and try to go make a big impact. Examples: "I need to establish a lab to find a cure, that's our last hope" "I was sent here to retrieve an immune with my fellow men but our plane got shot down" I'd advise a lot people that joined recently to try and read and get connected to the DayZ RP lore found here. It's a big read but interesting and worth your time so you don't get confused considering the fact that this is what everyone follows. If you have recently joined then: please learn the lore and most of all learn your place. If you keep going like that then you will get a lot of negative response.

Side note: I know compared to others I am still pretty new but please bare with me, I just only wanna help out.

Learn your place? Brah what are you talking about?

Jeez, it seems like you're complaining just to complain. People don't have to read the lore, but it would help if they did and could sure help for the whitelist.

Pointless thread is pointless, imo.

Learn your place? Brah what are you talking about?

Jeez, it seems like you're complaining just to complain. People don't have to read the lore, but it would help if they did and could sure help for the whitelist.

Pointless thread is pointless, imo.

I ain't offending anyone by this. By saying that I mean so no one thinks they are above anyone else cause this occasionally happens. Those are the best words I could think of at the time, any suggestions if you got any would be appreciated

• Emerald

I still haven;t read the official lore, does that mean I can't go and roleplay as wanting to find a cure? What are you trying to say?

I still haven;t read the official lore, does that mean I can't go and roleplay as wanting to find a cure? What are you trying to say?

No that's completely up to you, I mean like it ain't very nice to go around and say like: "I am humanities last hope" you get me? And I linked the lore if anyone wants to read it cause there are certain moments when some people think the apocalypse recently happened and then people correct them and it just much confusion

I didn't post this to be offensive towards anybody or for it to come out like a rant but it looks like it's being viewed the wrong way

I've never read the lore, never bothered me once in game.

I think you need to lay off the hatorade, let people have fun for christs sake.

I am not hating and I'm not saying people should restrict themselves. This is clearly being viewed wrong. Close please.

No that's completely up to you, I mean like it ain't very nice to go around and say like: "I am humanities last hope" you get me? And I linked the lore if anyone wants to read it cause there are certain moments when some people think the apocalypse recently happened and then people correct them and it just much confusion

I RP as a old lifelong vagrant that is delusional beyond all hell and often says things that are obviously absurd... He tells people all the time that he's things that he really isnt or never has been...

I've told people im a/have:

1.) A special operations navy seal

2.) Stopped the Vietnam war with one bullet

3.) Was Lief Ericson in a past life and sailed all the seas

4.) Was a samurai for the shogun and was a master of Tokugawa

5.) Saw the megalodon with his own eyes

6.) Hitched a ride to dimension 7 and landed on the planet Zenon to steal a tractor beam to install on the Merman to be able to finally catch the Megalodon and save the world from its impending doom.

7.) Saved the banana man

8.) Has tigers blood

9.) Is the chosen one

10.) May or may not have been genetically engineered as a super soldier.

11.) Is John Wayne reincarnate and has been chosen for the starring role in the next movie.

12.) Is likely related to Johnny Cash, since we both can sing so good.

13.) Is old enough to punt you back into your momma's cavernous orifice and tape it shut so that you can develop further.

14.) Defended Desal single handedly against the commie invasion of 1876 with nothing but his harmonica and harsh stinging words of truth.

15.) the list goes on.

Point is... Who cares what people say they are ingame and if they feel they are humanities last hope... so be it... maybe they are playing a delusional crazy guy too? Respond to it just the way you think your character would... if your character is so knowledgeable about the history of this country and what has taken place, why not refute the fact ICly and tell them that you highly doubt they are the last hope for humanity and that you think they are moronic? See where that goes...

I have people tell me all the time that the Merman isnt real and that im just a crazy old man... In Willy's eyes, though.. THEY are the morons for not believing...

Ultimately that what makes RP colorful, though... People making a stand for what they believe in and people having their own opinions of matters in game... if everyone follows just what they read in lore and everyone is "educated" to the level you are wishing, whats left to talk about?

Educate people IC.. its more fun than trying to set us all straight OOC on the forums and trying to alter how we play our characters ingame...

I've been here a long time and never read the lore... its never hindered my experiences here and I don't think anyone has been offended by my crazy old man stories that obviously are not true, but are deeply believed by Willy.

• Emerald

777011464754993551.gif

But in all seriousness people can roleplay however they want sometimes they get banned for it. Others have no right to judge harshly on someones roleplay if they have big dreams like finding a cure or something.

I RP as a old lifelong vagrant that is delusional beyond all hell and often says things that are obviously absurd... He tells people all the time that he's things that he really isnt or never has been...

I've told people im a/have:

1.) A special operations navy seal

2.) Stopped the Vietnam war with one bullet

3.) Was Lief Ericson in a past life and sailed all the seas

4.) Was a samurai for the shogun and was a master of Tokugawa

5.) Saw the megalodon with his own eyes

6.) Hitched a ride to dimension 7 and landed on the planet Zenon to steal a tractor beam to install on the Merman to be able to finally catch the Megalodon and save the world from its impending doom.

7.) Saved the banana man

8.) Has tigers blood

9.) Is the chosen one

10.) May or may not have been genetically engineered as a super soldier.

11.) Is John Wayne reincarnate and has been chosen for the starring role in the next movie.

12.) Is likely related to Johnny Cash, since we both can sing so good.

13.) Is old enough to punt you back into your momma's cavernous orifice and tape it shut so that you can develop further.

14.) Defended Desal single handedly against the commie invasion of 1876 with nothing but his harmonica and harsh stinging words of truth.

15.) the list goes on.

Point is... Who cares what people say they are ingame and if they feel they are humanities last hope... so be it... maybe they are playing a delusional crazy guy too? Respond to it just the way you think your character would... if your character is so knowledgeable about the history of this country and what has taken place, why not refute the fact ICly and tell them that you highly doubt they are the last hope for humanity and that you think they are moronic? See where that goes...

I have people tell me all the time that the Merman isnt real and that im just a crazy old man... In Willy's eyes, though.. THEY are the morons for not believing...

Ultimately that what makes RP colorful, though... People making a stand for what they believe in and people having their own opinions of matters in game... if everyone follows just what they read in lore and everyone is "educated" to the level you are wishing, whats left to talk about?

Educate people IC.. its more fun than trying to set us all straight OOC on the forums and trying to alter how we play our characters ingame...

I've been here a long time and never read the lore... its never hindered my experiences here and I don't think anyone has been offended by my crazy old man stories that obviously are not true, but are deeply believed by Willy.

VERY well put sir, you are %100 correct. Thank you for telling me this, just needed your perspective on all of this. And sorry to anyone if this was offensive to you in any way.

• Sapphire

Jeez, cool down. It's not like there already are/were people running around saying they are ex-spetznaz seal power rangers. I bet most people here started like that because they don't know the others backgrounds or characters. And I personally do not care, because no matter what your background is as long as you roleplay it, you are doing it right. And they offer interaction. And that is what DayZRP is all about: interaction.

I really do not care about anybodies backstory as long as they interact with me and aren't a psycho mass murderer KoSing everything.

Guest magw33d

The Doragonzu are currently on the lookout for a magician who cast a spell on the Chernarussian people, making them hunger for meat, who lives in a wizard's tower at the top of green mountain.

Problem?

Ain't got problems with anybody, like I said this ain't me ranting not hating so please stop accusing me of doing something that I ain't doing. Like I said this is being viewed wrong but more likely I said it in a wrong way. I ain't here to cause trouble, I love the community and I respect it. I already apologized and understood what I thought wrong with the help of Lue. I'd like if discussion on this thread was over and was closed so avoid any problems.

• Emerald

I've never gotten around to reading the lore, and I know I'm already above everyone else. I don't need to go big, I was born big. <3 :P

The Doragonzu are currently on the lookout for a magician who cast a spell on the Chernarussian people, making them hunger for meat, who lives in a wizard's tower at the top of green mountain.

Problem?

I think I could fill that position quite nicely.

• MVP

Problem?

Hmm, that might explain this insatiable urge I have been having lately.

Guest magw33d

Problem?

Otmel wrote a story about our power struggle. Maybe it will shed a little light on this 'wizard' that's been giving you 'urges'.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-impending-deification-of-yoshi-asahara?pid=739356#pid739356

• MVP

Problem?

Otmel wrote a story about our power struggle. Maybe it will shed a little light on this 'wizard' that's been giving you 'urges'.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-impending-deification-of-yoshi-asahara?pid=739356#pid739356

Spent 10 minutes getting the code correct for a CC Award nomination for him and thought I would scroll back to check. Curse you Mag. Go go Otmel!

Holy smokes! :o So much hate on this thread. I LOVE when people say off the wall shit when roll playing. Like Willy for example. I cannot get enough of his streams, and videos. His character seriously says the FUNNIEST shit. Example: Him laying in grass at Cap, and tries to spy on some Fallen members in a UAZ. They ask him what he's doing laying there spying, and he says "Looking for Ladybugs" Hahaha. I love when people have such "Big" rolls as well. Such as; Being a soldier sent from the future to save humanity, or being the most knowledgeable scientist left in the world, and the only person left that can find a cure, etc. That's the beauty of this server, bro!! Have some fun with the wastelands biggest "Heroes"! :)

I realize where I was wrong and the feedback you all left I appreciate. I am deeply sorry if I offended anyone. If it's possible I'd like this thread to be deleted to avoid anything bad that might come out of it. As I said I am still new so mistakes are bound to happen but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna do my best to prevent them. This was one of those mistakes and I intend to fix it by any means.

Mistakes happen we are all human after all, well most of us are.

:cough:Jake:cough :

• Sapphire

Mistakes happen we are all human after all, well most of us are.

:cough:Jake:cough :

Its been proven that im at the very least 7% human

• Emerald

well you'll hate this, I play a man from the future who went forward in time to get to the past (he went all the way around) to stop the evil cyborge army from starting vietnam war to a turnning the world in to a toxic waste.

• Emerald

well you'll hate this, I play a man from the future who went forward in time to get to the past (he went all the way around) to stop the evil cyborge army from starting vietnam war to a turnning the world in to a toxic waste.

Would love to see Lincoln met Willy Pete that would be some awesome roleplay!

• Emerald

Im making a religious zombie who believes the infection is a gift from god and that the full blown zombies are heretics who wish to squander the gift on unworthy humans c: But thats an alt,