Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 11:32

VopSound modification

What sound mod do you prefer?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Have you ever wanted to get rid of all your change in your pocket? Look no further!

Today I will present you The VopSound Oohohoho *applause*

Here is just an example of what actually would sound like

[video=youtube]

There is plenty of more content in this mod. It also add a ton of new ambient sounds for both night and day cycles!

So why should we have this instead of JSRS?

Good things:

1) The sound pack is based of realistic gun sounds and vehicle sounds.

2) No more change in your pocket

3) Have you felt that the gun sounds are meh? well tune in and look at that Youtube clip, it will change your mind!

4) We get something new and exciting!

5) The imersion is increased!

Bad things:

1) the developers have to make their own key for this asset, and some modification to the config files have to be done.

2) Its not being updated any longer (there is no bugs that I have encountered so far). And the soundpack compatibility is just the same as JSRS

3) That im wasting my time writing an essay on changing the soundpack instead of letting the developers start to implement this!

• Sapphire

All of my yes.

I'm tired of sounding like someone who just robbed a gum-machine by having my pockets full of coins.

I'm also not a big fan at staying at the coast since the sea is absolutely deafening sometimes.

The gun sounds are a big plus as well.

10/10

• MVP

We don't use JSRS. We use ACEX.

If this sound pack functions like JSRS then we won't be using it either sorry :(

• Sapphire

I would love to see this implemented :thumbsup:

• Emerald

-1... those arent new sounds... those are new guns...

Look at the sights, vanilla bizon for current, then it switches to one from the RH AK Pack, with two dots inbetween the sight.

And on the AK, there is more space than the vanilla one inbetween the iron sights.

• Emerald

I concur, this is an amazing modpack, and is much more lightweight than JSRS.

It is! and with the server that are currently running the mod and they seems to have no problem at all with it.

• MVP

Actually this is 276mb whilst our current one is below 100mb

• Sapphire

All my yes's, the ocean is so deafening atm. This could actually make people WANT to be at the ocean since it doesn't force them to wear ear protection...

Also dat Makorov

Guest magw33d

than JSRS.

• Emerald

we live in 2013 Tamaster :P, and the current sound pack is shit tbh....

• MVP

We live in 2014 ;)

And yeah just saying our current sound pack was chosen for being incredibly lightweight and this one is bigger is all :) don't want misinformation spreading

• Emerald

yeah I really like alot of guns from that modpack. @yourplace

Go record some without using the different mods... its misleading... considering that those AKs arent using the sounds from Vop :P

• Emerald

We live in 2014 ;)

And yeah just saying our current sound pack was chosen for being incredibly lightweight and this one is bigger is all :) don't want misinformation spreading

There was no misinformation spreading? except for the 2013 part

Go record some without using the different mods... its misleading... considering that those AKs arent using the sounds from Vop :P

are you joking or being serious? an akm is an akm, an ak is an ak even if it has a scope or a laser sight...

EDIT: and the reason why i recorded with those guns is that the server I recorded on had them configured properly. I didn't want to mess with some assets this late at night

• MVP

We live in 2014 ;)

There was no misinformation spreading? except for the 2013 part

are you joking or being serious? an akm is an akm, an ak is an ak even if it has a scope or a laser sight...

Actually Kakan if its the RH weapon pack they use their own custom sounds and this sound pack would not effect them i belive. That's how the M4s and SMGs etc work anyway

Guest magw33d

Actually Kakan if its the RH weapon pack they use their own custom sounds and this sound pack would not effect them i belive. That's how the M4s and SMGs etc work anyway

Hence why he said in the OP that certain configs would have to be edited. The RH sounds are unrealistic anyhow, they are way too deep in comparison to a real AK sound.

That's funny, I was just thinking about implementing new weapon sounds.

I remember playing DayZWW2 or whatever it was called (it had old weapons) and every time someone shot with those weapons I freakin' shat my self, I'd love to have weapons putting the fear of god into you again.

• Sapphire

#DownWithACEX xD

+1