Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 02:42

Poll: Vehicle Towing?

Rifleman

Should Towing vehicles be added?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

So after reading Tomeran's thread on limiting the fuel on S1 and S2 (http://www.dayzrp.com/t-poll-limited-fuel-on-s1-and-s2), myself and Yuval were discussing the suggestion over TS, and eventually got onto the subject of towing vehicles - so you could have clans doing a tow service for other people who've run out of fuel and such.

It makes some sort of sense in regards to RP, and could create interesting scenarios in regards to towing convoys and such. So long as the suggestion goes through, it could work fairly well.

So, thoughts?

• Sapphire

As long as only bigger vehicles would be able to tow i'm all in.

Like, Urals, maybe 4x4 cars etc.

• Emerald

So, Humvees, Offroads, Pickups, Urals, Trucks, and SUV's would be able to tow vehicles. Makes sense due to their engine size.

• Sapphire

So, Humvees, Offroads, Pickups, Urals, Trucks, and SUV's would be able to tow vehicles. Makes sense due to their engine size.

Exactly, It would be kind of silly to see a lada or even the freaking luggage truck from the airfield tow something like a ural :D

• Emerald

Exactly, It would be kind of silly to see a lada or even the freaking luggage truck from the airfield tow something like a ural :D

A tractor could tow pretty much anything though - making tractors precious vehicles for once.

• Sapphire

A tractor could tow pretty much anything though - making tractors precious vehicles for once.

Sounds like you're at the brink of solving vehicle favoritism :D

• MVP

This.

• Sapphire

That moment when you see a tractor towing a ural

• Sapphire

Why not. +1

• Emerald

I Like this idea, especially if you need some rope to do so, really cool +1

• Emerald

It would be nice, but only if it was done right. In other words, no small vehicles towing urals.

Something along the lines of this, idk if its possible, but I feel like you should be able to store bicycles in the bigger cars. For instance I was driving a ural and I saw a push bike and I was like, I should be able to put that fucking tiny thing in my huge ass ural. It would be great to have, ya know, drive up Skyrim Mt and mountain bike down it like a bad ass. I mean doesnt that just sound fun?

• Emerald

Something along the lines of this, idk if its possible, but I feel like you should be able to store bicycles in the bigger cars. For instance I was driving a ural and I saw a push bike and I was like, I should be able to put that fucking tiny thing in my huge ass ural. It would be great to have, ya know, drive up Skyrim Mt and mountain bike down it like a bad ass. I mean doesnt that just sound fun?

I did that in wasteland once... I hit a tree just before reaching the road and totally fucked the bike and died.

Also +1 for the idea.

• Emerald

towing from choppers was abused and cannot be re-added. i would like the off roads to be able to tow smaller vehicles, NOT MOTOR BIKES AND BICYCLES.

• Sapphire

Hmm. Yes.

I am all for this idea when it is organized like you suggested. With the limitation of fuel, Somebody could actually open a mechanic and towing service.

Maybe make the car that pulls the other one go slower than Max speed? After all you would be able to carry twice the amount of gear without any crucial disadvantage.

Promotes RP for more civilian groups: +1

With the right parameters and guidelines, it could work. Think the idea still needs some work though, what vehicles can tow what? Do you need a certain item to tow the vehicle? I am not completely convinced at the minute, so won't place a vote yet.

• Diamond

would be great to let the devs add in a towing rope/chain or something that you need to attach to the vic you want to tow.

Could put rope to use with this, or some other misc items proven useless at the moment.

There might be a problem with some clans hoarding vehicles if we allowed vehicle towing, but if it was just one vehicle you can tow I don't see it being much of a problem.