Server time (UTC): 2021-09-20 20:37

What do you want us to improve/add?

Roland

• Server Manager

This isn't a feedback thread, more of a request thread.

We're constantly trying to improve DayZRP, to keep it fresh and give you new possibilities, challenges and incentives to keep playing the DayZRP mod. We want to enjoy the RP in DayZ (and perhaps other games as well) for long time to come in this community and in order to do that we need to know what you would like to see changed or added.

With DayZRP patch 1.4.0 basically ready, containing a lot of new features we think we have this goal secured for the upcoming months. While we wait for Bohemia to give OK for the patch to be released, we'd like to see how we can improve things in the long run.

What are the things you would like to see improved or added on DayZRP? These can be anything from website/forum features, icons, colors, layouts, management stuff like rules, whitelist, donations, donation exchange to things in game like camps, in game features, loot changes, events, balance etc.

Tell us what you would like to see so we can keep improving DayZRP!

Guest johnygt7

Make TP attackable like any other settlement.Some groups deslike CTC and want to take them down but they can't due to the fact that CTC sits on TP most of the time they are on.

More Events!PvP and PvE.

More attachments for certain guns such as Aks.

New attachments!For LMG'S in the future maybe?

• Sapphire

Make TP attackable like any other settlement.Some groups deslike CTC and want to take them down but they can't due to the fact that CTC sits on TP most of the time they are on.

More Events!PvP and PvE.

More attachements for certain guns.

This!

• MVP

1.4.0 brings the attachment systems to a lot more weapons :)

M4/M16/AS VAL/MP5s/more pistols/crossbows etc :)

Any specific weapons you want it adding to?

One thing I've been thinking about is the donations, maybe make it more worthwhile donating?

I mean, I have all the skins I kinda want right now and have no real motivation to donate more, I want to but i just don't want to donate to just donate.

Also maybe something that makes donators feel that they are appreciated.

Guest johnygt7

Haven't thought about it really.

But if we could modify every weapon in the game somehow, well that would be awesome.I'll do some research on armaholic later and see what attachments i can find.

• Sapphire

I would love to see attachments for shotguns (aimpoint, flashlight, front grips maybe?)

And basically just more customizable weaponry

Guest Whazmeister

I think some official diplomacy page on the clan thread would be cool, where you can actually select the clans and not just note them down.

Shouldn't be hard to do, and could be pretty cool.

• MVP

We could have a monthly award ceremony type thing for peoples work towards videos and things? - So like people make videos whilst in DayZRP and then they can get rewarded if they have given good content or something?

• Sapphire

I feel there needs to be an improvement on player interaction. By that I mean around Chernarus, I like TP and it's a good addition but since its been added there are less people around the map at certain times.

I used to love seeing people in odd towns that I didn't know the name of and talking to them, we could travel together and RP, that doesn't seem to happen as much anymore.

Hopefully with the adding of player settlements there will be more players travelling the map due to them wanting to visit each place/go on supply runs.

Something that could perhaps fix/tweak the amount of roaming players would to add more PCB's and less settlements. This way players will have the chance to visit these nice places and RP at them, where it isn't as safe as TP/Settlements.

That's another point I wanted to bring up - "In an apocalypse no one should feel safe". With players roaming the map that level of fear will increase and people may not want to stick to one PCB for a long time as their enemy could be approaching, this causes them to move.

#2 - Not everyone plays some form of Merc/Military on RP. A lot of skins in the donation exchange form around those two classes. Many people enjoy playing normal civilians ingame and don't want to be seen wearing a helmet or a bullet proof vest. What I suggest is a focus on balancing out Civi:Army - A way to do this is add idea to the donation exchange:

deWUfYk.png

Source

I find that wearing skins really help me get into character and feel comfortable roleplaying. If I were to wear a skin that matched my character's personality I would be able to play him off better. I don't think I am the only one who feels this way as many people who want to play as a "Civi" are bound to wearing the Civ 10 skin.

In my thread the vote for civi clothing was 57/136 (41.91%) and there were still two other votes.

Some sort of clanskins, maybe a rule that groups have to choose 1/2 outfits to wear?

Also, some sort of RP events instead of the constant PVP/PVE ones, preferably non-OP (yes, that means no tanks :D )

And, the ability to "sell-back" some skins, maybe ones not used for x-amount of months, and get donations credits back to get others !

• MVP

Also, some sort of RP events instead of the constant PVP/PVE ones, preferably non-OP (yes, that means no tanks :D )

Explain further? What do you mean by RP events? :)

• Emerald

I have a few ideas for Events in game, some of them have worked well.

PM me if you have any ideas for non PVP/Zombie events and perhaps I can get something rolling.

• MVP

Deleting clan skins suggestions seriously? Why ask for suggestions if you're going to to delete them

I find this also a quite unpleasant surprise to see such behavior from staff. Clan skins are still an answer to quite a few troubles and would provide more pleasant enviroment for all interested. Yet it's treated as a some sort of taboo.

• MVP

Deleting clan skins suggestions seriously? Why ask for suggestions if you're going to to delete them

Fyi, Serious suggestions only please.

#ClanSkins

#FUCK CTC

#FUCK TP

And such trolly suggestions will not be tolerated.

Please refer to this, we know that people want clan skins as they have been mentioned on many occasions to various members of staff.

Guest Grumby

Because it has been previously said many times that clan skins are not going to happen.

• Emerald

We are deleting the clan skins suggestions because Maybe not you, but the older members of the community know very well that Clan skins get suggested at least 20 times a day and will never ever be added.

Guest DimaPolska

Fyi, Serious suggestions only please.

#ClanSkins

#FUCK CTC

#FUCK TP

And such trolly suggestions will not be tolerated.

Please refer to this, we know that people want clan skins as they have been mentioned on many occasions to various members of staff.

It's NOT a trolly suggestions and even suggesting so is an insult.

There is literally no point in making a suggestion thread just to delete suggestions you disagree with...you may as well rename it "Staff suggestion thread" and have a lovely conversation with yourself.

• Emerald

I think that as much of the information that is currently being delivered via forums (groups/factions/clans, staff factions, new PCBs) should be omitted and private only to those relevant and of course the staff. Put the surprise back into DayZ, how could would it be to find out about TP either by stumbling into it randomly or word of mouth... or finding a new powerful faction just by running into them without having read about them on the forums beforehand?!

• MVP

I think that as much of the information that is currently being delivered via forums (groups/factions/clans, staff factions, new PCBs) should be omitted and private only to those relevant and of course the staff. Put the surprise back into DayZ, how could would it be to find out about TP either by stumbling into it randomly or word of mouth... or finding a new powerful faction just by running into them without having read about them on the forums beforehand?!

We did actually want to do this with TP, or at least it's location, but the rules implications stopped us :(

There are a couple of PCBs currently in 1.4.0 and other map changes that are completely unknown except to staff and the creators though :)

Mystery and discovery is a unique and integral part of DayZ imo so I will always push to do more of that :)

• Emerald

Super Zombies with red eyes who only spawn alone in the Forests at night who can one hit kill you.

Cause that will bring some good fear factor back. Or atleats verry fast forest zombies.

I think we need more fearfull things!

Darker sky's like in STALKER.

• Sapphire

Super Zombies with red eyes who only spawn alone in the Forests at night who can one hit kill you.

The idea is pretty cool and frighting, it will indeed up the fear factor; however, with ArmA mechanics the zombies will be incredibly OP and annoying with their buggy path movement and glitching through walls.

• MVP

We are deleting the clan skins suggestions because Maybe not you, but the older members of the community know very well that Clan skins get suggested at least 20 times a day and will never ever be added.

To be perfectly honest - it's insulting to put clanskins suggestion on same level as those others you have written in your post Toorik, furthermore deleting posts just becouse you disagree with it is a low level act.

Reason behind mentioning clan skins is to hopefully rally more supporters around it who will eventually push for said solution to be implemented. If it's a troll behaviour to you - then we have very different understanding of that word.

Afterall those are only words, words that bring no harm to anyone and we look for the best of the dayzrp interest.