Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 21:17

DayZRP freeze for 10sec to a minute

Question/Problem: When ever I play DayZRP or any game really mostly DayZRP my game will just suddenly drop to 0-1 frames or just freeze on my part for like 10 seconds to a minute at the most before it goes back to normal 40+ frames.

Does this problem occur on other non-DayZRP or public DayZ/ArmA servers as well: Yes, It happens on DayZRP, Any DayZ/ArmA server, and also on any other game I play.

How long have you had this problem: For about the past month on and off.

What have you done to fix this already: Decreasing my settings, Reinstalling ArmA, Verifying game cache, Restarting my PC, and updating my drivers.

• Emerald

Does it occur often?

I've had similar issues in the past, for me it was my hard drive. A corrupt file was causing my hard drive to slow down massively when accessing certain areas of it. You could have a similar problem possibly. Listing your PC specs would help to diagnose the issue.

Does it occur often?

Yes it does, Too often actually.

I've had similar issues in the past, for me it was my hard drive. A corrupt file was causing my hard drive to slow down massively when accessing certain areas of it. You could have a similar problem possibly. Listing your PC specs would help to diagnose the issue.

Specs are as followed:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2320 Sandy Bridge 3.00GHz

GPU: ATI ASUS Radeon HD7770 GDDR5 2GB Virtual Memory

Motherboard: Gateway DX4870 (The Motherboard my PC came with before I upgraded it, I am trying to get a new one :P)

Hard Drive: Two HDD one 500GB and one 250GB(For videos when I get this fixed)

PSU: Corsair Builder series CX600 (600watt)

RAM: DDR3 4GB (Again came with my PC when I bought it I know I need to upgrade them I am working on it :P)

If you need anything else please just ask

-snip-

If the issue is still ongoing then what you need to do is isolate the problem by doing checks on each component in some way.

For hard drive checks I used this guide: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsc/p/chkdsk.htm

It helped me identify a file that had corrupted and was causing freezes.

For any other issue, try opening Task Manager on another monitor (if you've got one monitor then run the game in windowed mode) and run the game. Check the processes and performance tabs and see what is being used, any odd spikes and then troubleshoot it online.

• VIP

Alright since it hasn't happened for a while I will solve this for now, but I will keep it open if the problem still persists again.

/Solving

Yep, was part of the desync issues we were having. We found the issue for that which in turn fixed this.