Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 12:54

Freezing up for several minutes at a time

Question/Problem: Freezing/Locking up Ingame

Does this problem occur on other non-DayZRP or public DayZ/ArmA servers as well: I dont know I don't play on non-dayzRP servers currently.

How long have you had this problem: Just started today.

What have you done to fix this already: I've attempted restarting everything and waiting the freezes out but they get longer each time. Was wondering if this was happening to anyone else due to desync issues going on.

This just started happening today out of the blue.. I've always had freezing issues with standard DayZ but they last literally 1 second or so... I've been locking up entirely for upwards of 5-10 minutes and then it will either resume play or say I was kicked from the server... Its getting more and more frequent now.

Anyone else getting this?

Im also unsure of what the message says when im kicked for everyone else to see... Don't know if anyone has seen my kick messages or not.. if so, give me a shout.

• Sapphire

Dont know about 5-10 minutes i usually get it for about 10 seconds maybe then it resumes or the game crashes

Mine locks up pretty long... I was in the middle of talking to some imperial dragons and it did it to me... I could still hear them talking asking what was wrong with me since I wasn't responding.. My screen just locks up, nothing moves, but audio continues...

It's happened to me quite a few times... sometimes it comes back after about 30-60 seconds and i can continue... but then it usually happens against shortly after and causes me to be kicked after trying to ride it out for well over a minute or more...

It happened to me just a few minutes ago up by pobeda when I was trying to access a stash.. it seems to happen everytime I go in there now.

Odd thing was, when i first got to the dam, I couldn't even see the walls or houses of the camp.. just the tents and stashes.. it was as if it was removed and all that remained were those items... I approached the camp and was able to access everything in the stashes but then I locked up and got kicked... logged back in and appeared about 30 meters from the camp and approached again, this time able to see it.

Accessed the stash again and locked up once more... kicked message too.

Very strange.

• Sapphire

Mine locks up pretty long... I was in the middle of talking to some imperial dragons and it did it to me... I could still hear them talking asking what was wrong with me since I wasn't responding.. My screen just locks up, nothing moves, but audio continues...

Ah yes this is something that has been somewhat frequent as of late I believe it is in fact a server side issue so there isnt really a lot you can do about it personally.

Its just one of those things one day the server might be running perfectly the next restart you're stuck with this.

As for going in stashes I dont know if that is what is causing it but when i had this about 2-3 weeks ago i could be doing anything running ,crouching ,shooting ,talking and it would just lock up and leak audio until i force closed it with task manager

Ah yes this is something that has been somewhat frequent as of late I believe it is in fact a server side issue so there isnt really a lot you can do about it personally.

Its just one of those things one day the server might be running perfectly the next restart you're stuck with this.

As for going in stashes I dont know if that is what is causing it but when i had this about 2-3 weeks ago i could be doing anything running ,crouching ,shooting ,talking and it would just lock up and leak audio until i force closed it with task manager

Good to know! thank you!... yeah its being random now... its locking up on me while im cruising around on my tractor now.. almost wrecked it a couple times because of it lol... ill cope.

• Sapphire

Good to know! thank you!... yeah its being random now... its locking up on me while im cruising around on my tractor now.. almost wrecked it a couple times because of it lol... ill cope.

Well its either that or you are potentially having a slight overheating problem within your machine or something along those lines.

I am getting this problem also. Mine lasts for a long amount of time also. every time I wait it out, it kicks me from the game. I usually end up restarting my game or my PC, but the problem continues even after.

• Legend

I do suffer the problem to, I believe this is a issue server side and If you are able to log onto other servers and this does not happen I personally believe this is a server side issue and normally does stop after the restart (3am server time). I am sorry that this has been happening but some of the staff believe this is a issue due to the mass amounts of desyn that is happening on the server.

I also worded my opinion on this thread here so please if we could avoid making various threads about it and only use one until the issue is solved I will leave this unsolved until it is fixed but I believe that all the issues that people are getting are related to the Desyn the server has been having lately. So anyone else that has this problem please only post on this thread here.

I am not marking it as solved as there is still a issue but I believe there is nothing we can do until We as Staff has figured a way out to stop these "freezes" happening. These issues I believe happened a few months ago as well.

• Sapphire

Happens on S1 to me, sometimes.

• Sapphire

Its mainly just S2 for me after the 10pm server time restart, I see everyone waits it out for around 5 - 10 minutes and get's kicked I will have to wait out the next time also to see if I get kicked.

• Legend

Happens on S1 to me, sometimes.

What's the server population like when it happens?

This is normally peak time, depends on the day but s2 is nearly always full after the restart.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe these freezing's have been fixed so therefore I will mark as solved.

/Solving

I can confirm that it hasn't happened to me in a long while. I think you are correct.