Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 03:09

A certain rule I think is annoying.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR ARGUMENTS!

There is a certain rule I think is annoying, the rule I am on about is on the TP. The CTC can say "If you don't shut up I will kill you" and you cannot to anything about this. I'm sure other people have the same opinion on this matter, I was trying to have a 'Friendly Conversation' with my good old friend Paula Khan ;) and I was told to leave for being a trouble maker.

As I was outside the gate, I was trying to explain myself when a CTC member said "If you don't shut-up, I will shoot you in the head". That there is an initiation, and if it was not in the TP I could do something about it, but as it is in the Trade Post area I can not fire back, or do anything as I would be killed instantly.

This rule bothers me as I think it is overpowered. You can get told that you will be shot if you don't leave the TP and you cannot take any action, and if you did you would be banned from the community.

I just wanted to spread my opinion on this rule, and personally, I think its stupid as I have said before, you cannot do anything if they say they will kill you. I get that they own that area, but you could be in someone else's property and you get attacked, In Real Life you would fight back and stand up for yourself. The way that the CTC member was talking to me was really inappropriate. I understand he was trying to defuse the situation but saying he would kill me is ridiculous!

Again, I just wanted to spread my thoughts on this rule, and hopefully something about it will be done in the future as I feel it is overpowered.

• MVP

Simple solution: Don't cause trouble in the TP.

• Emerald

If you don't like it then don't go to TP. Simple as that.

• Sapphire

Simple solution: Don't cause trouble in the TP.

• Legend

I was trying to have a 'Friendly Conversation' with my good old friend Paula Khan ;) and I was told to leave for being a trouble maker.

No. Actually we are not friends ingame :) And it was not a friendly conversation. Ingame you threatend my ingame-husband, so what do you expect? People heard it, even CTC heard it. CTC and all the other people inside reacted on it. I enjoyed it by the way, but stay to the facts. :)

That can't be the best solution. Maybe I want to go there to trade and they say "Get out or ill shoot you". You probably wasn't there to witness the conversation we had, but personally I think the rule is overpowered. What happens when a group has a base and they say to a civ "Get out or i'll shoot you" ? You cannot do anything back.

I was trying to have a 'Friendly Conversation' with my good old friend Paula Khan ;) and I was told to leave for being a trouble maker.

No. Actually we are not friends ingame :) And it was not a friendly conversation. Ingame you threatend my ingame-husband, so what do you expect? People heard it, even CTC heard it. CTC and all the other people inside heard it. :) I enjoyed it by the way, but stay to the facts.

I know were not friends in game :P and all I said about your husband was I'd like to have a nice friendly chat, and that may rub off on you as a threat but I didn't mean it intentionally

• Legend

I know were not friends in game :P and all I said about your husband was I'd like to have a nice friendly chat, and that may rub off on you as a threat but I didn't mean it intentionally

Please, you wanted me to apologise for something I once said to you. After I said I won´t do that you said "oh, what was your husbands name again??? Maybe I have a talk with him, what do you think about this"

You said this clearly to threaten me by threating my husband. Again. Stay to the facts.

And again, people inside heard it, and reacted on it, the same way I understood what you said.

It´s CTC´s area, the rules are clear and for you it was not the first time you had an argument with them.

CTC are the CRs of the TP.

Logically, they have all CR rights, and this is one of them. No it isn't overpowered. It's neccesary to keep order in a camp.

This doesn't only applies for the TP (where TP rules forbid hostile actions from your side anyways) but for every settlement with CRs.

I thought the same for a while back at Haven. And yes, while it may be logical that you f.e. try to save your friend from an execution, this rule still is neccesary cause otherwise, settlements would be no different to normal PCBs.

Yeah, the TP is different because of its special restrictions, but the other rules rules regarding the TP as a Settlement still apply.

If you're ever going to experience the joys of being a CR, you surely will understand it. Cause this rule wasn't made for the TP, it existet much longer ^^ YOU entered THEIR settlement, they have full authority there, if you can't deal with it you shouldn't go there.

Also, don't try the Reallife arguement. In real life, i could simply shoot you in the head if you're in my camp and i don't like your face.

I mean the TP is a safezone where you cannot steal, kill, threaten, which you cannot attack ect. And you complain about realism? :P

• Legend

Hey there Marcus, I was the guy that you where talking to out of the gate and threatened you at the gate. Now, as a CTC guard and Staff we do not take lightly Killing people.

We Gave you loads of warnings prior to this event. I was there with my main character watching the event unfold for a while and I RPed out passing the information to my CTC character Via ::Waking him up from his tent:: From there I proceeded to the gate and listened to you and how you where talking to the other CTC guards.

My character, is a cunt. A brute hard ass cunt. Why? Because for a job like guarding the trade post you need to be one to ensure safety and order within the camp. A Strong figure head that is firm but fair to ensure that nothing goes wrong within the walls.

You continued to argue and quoted immature remarks to me IC so, IC i replied with the Power I have as a guard to get you to be quiet. He will be loud and blunt to you, Does that mean I will shoot you? Of course not. You IC continued to talk but I did not shoot you as that is rule play and that type of RP myself and Staff discourage.

your husband was I'd like to have a nice friendly chat, and that may rub off on you as a threat but I didn't mean it intentionally

In reality words can mean two different things and the manner you worded it and after woulds how you commented and acted You where not aiming for a friendly chat.

The reason you where kicked was because you acted hostile and immature within the walls. You have a problem with the rules? Good, we can set up a topic to discuss the issue and I can now defend from my point of view and Staff's.

IC there are more CTC guarding around the encampment it would be foolish and no value for life for you to even think about raising you weapon on a CTC guard at the encampment. So being able to shoot someone inside would just be pointless.

OOC: The tp is a safezone, Here you can have banters with people and little disagreements and with the CTC around they decide you get a fair warning or kicked out. We are given the power to kill you for reasons of that they are being trolls, not listening to us and coursing more trouble or that they are being hostile to others. If you where to allow people to be hostile back at the TP then what is the point of the safezone? It would be no different to any other settlement and therefor people OOC could claim raid rights because a CTC member threatened him.

You may disagree with the rules, but so far they have worked perfectly in ensuring a trouble free settlement and the statistics of trolls and general troublemakers within settlement walls have decreased a lot since this rules has been implemented.

Hey there Marcus, I was the guy that you where talking to out of the gate and threatened you at the gate. Now, as a CTC guard and Staff we do not take lightly Killing people.

We Gave you loads of warnings prior to this event. I was there with my main character watching the event unfold for a while and I RPed out passing the information to my CTC character Via ::Waking him up from his tent:: From there I proceeded to the gate and listened to you and how you where talking to the other CTC guards.

My character, is a cunt. A brute hard ass cunt. Why? Because for a job like guarding the trade post you need to be one to ensure safety and order within the camp. A Strong figure head that is firm but fair to ensure that nothing goes wrong within the walls.

You continued to argue and quoted immature remarks to me IC so, IC i replied with the Power I have as a guard to get you to be quiet. He will be loud and blunt to you, Does that mean I will shoot you? Of course not. You IC continued to talk but I did not shoot you as that is rule play and that type of RP myself and Staff discourage.

your husband was I'd like to have a nice friendly chat, and that may rub off on you as a threat but I didn't mean it intentionally

In reality words can mean two different things and the manner you worded it and after woulds how you commented and acted You where not aiming for a friendly chat.

The reason you where kicked was because you acted hostile and immature within the walls. You have a problem with the rules? Good, we can set up a topic to discuss the issue and I can now defend from my point of view and Staff's.

IC there are more CTC guarding around the encampment it would be foolish and no value for life for you to even think about raising you weapon on a CTC guard at the encampment. So being able to shoot someone inside would just be pointless.

OOC: The tp is a safezone, Here you can have banters with people and little disagreements and with the CTC around they decide you get a fair warning or kicked out. We are given the power to kill you for reasons of that they are being trolls, not listening to us and coursing more trouble or that they are being hostile to others. If you where to allow people to be hostile back at the TP then what is the point of the safezone? It would be no different to any other settlement and therefor people OOC could claim raid rights because a CTC member threatened him.

You may disagree with the rules, but so far they have worked perfectly in ensuring a trouble free settlement and the statistics of trolls and general troublemakers within settlement walls have decreased a lot since this rules has been implemented.

I totally understand that rules are rules, its just a small rant to get it off my chest, it was fun roleplaying with you :D

• Sapphire

This is how CR rules work my friend you're on "Their" property so you follow their rules or you get kicked out or worse this is how CR rights have always worked they are designed to help the owners of a settlement control trouble makers and unwanted people within their settlement.

Doesnt matter how small the issue may seem they simply kicked you out to stop it from escalating any further or having to deal with it later.

I spent months doing the same thing for Altar Castle back in the day it may seem unfair but think of it from their side where you have to control up to hundreds of people coming in and out per day including people you dont want in there and then people giving you smack for kicking so and so out or letting so and so in.

it just adds a bit of control to a difficult/Stressful job in short.

• Sapphire

Solution: fist fights

• Server Manager

It's supposed to be OP, so that the TP can function as intended - a peaceful RP hub.

The alternative to this would be to OOC punish people for bad behavior, but you don't want that, do you? :)

• Sapphire

I personally agree, not with the whole situation, but with the whole sort of initiation concept. I too have been initiated on by CTC in Trade Post, my situation was me and the vGc were at Trade Post and we all decided to leave, we were running to the back entrance where the CTC barely use anyways when I get an initiated by a CTC guard. The guard tells me if I open the gate, he'd shoot me in the head. There where only two CTC guards and there were 6 Cartel members. In what Role play sense would it make for the cartel members to not open fire on this man. Realistically, we would have shot the man or chloroformed him and execute him. Personally, I believe if the CTC where to dish out an initiation, they should be able to also feel the consequences as much as we are. "Talk shit, get hit" I suppose would be the saying. Just my opinion however. I understand rules are rules unfortunately. :/

BECAUSE role play wise there isn't 2 CTC there is an entire base full of them and you with six men would be taken down in an instant with shots from towers and the walls. It is you who is not thinking realistically I would imagine there are at least two at the gate, doubles in the tower and plenty in the military compound who could rush out an kill you and your men.

• Legend

I thought this is a serious discussion.

I don´t see the need for this Video tbh.

• MVP

Its not a serious thread, i'm just ranting about this rule

Again, I just wanted to spread my thoughts on this rule, and hopefully something about it will be done in the future as I feel it is overpowered.

So have you finished ranting?

Its not a serious thread, i'm just ranting about this rule

So have you finished ranting?

Pretty much

Poor cat :/ Hate people who laugh about scared animals.

Oh wait, wrong topic

The problem is, its not possible to run a settlement without this. You would have no authority, you couldn't even sent people away from the entrance without getting shot by a sniper somewhere in the woods ^^

There are tons of troublemakers or just people you don't want inside, the amount of people having KoS on you would be ridiculous

As a said already, its much easier since the TP is a safezone. Noone is going to attack ect. But thats different if it's about normal settlements

Poor cat :/ Hate people who laugh about scared animals.

Oh wait, wrong topic

The problem is, its not possible to run a settlement without this. You would have no authority, you couldn't even sent people away from the entrance without getting shot by a sniper somewhere in the woods ^^

There are tons of troublemakers or just people you don't want inside, the amount of people having KoS on you would be ridiculous

As a said already, its much easier since the TP is a safezone. Noone is going to attack ect. But thats different if it's about normal settlements

I understand the rule where you cannot go into TP if someone has KoS rules on you, the only thing I think is annoying is when say there are 4+ guys on your side and 1 on the CTC and the CTC say "If you don't leave I will shoot you" you have 4 guys. You can easily take him out as he has been hostile towards you in an RP sense but the rules state you cannot do anything to him no matter how many people are on your side.

your own fault, shouldn't have been such a bandit

But I'm a nice guy! :(

Guest whitepointer

the only thing I think is annoying is when say there are 4+ guys on your side and 1 on the CTC and the CTC say "If you don't leave I will shoot you" you have 4 guys. You can easily take him out as he has been hostile towards you in an RP sense but the rules state you cannot do anything to him no matter how many people are on your side.

I have a feeling you do not understand the purpose of the tradepost, to serve as a main hub for individuals to come in and roleplay without the threat of PVP actions.

With this said, the issue of being kicked out shouldn't happen in the first place. When you step into the tradepost, you are agreeing to follow the rules set out by the server, to stop causing trouble-making behavior and follow the rules of the server. If you do not agree with the way of how the rules work, as in you're not able to shot anyone who defies your idiotic behavior, don't go to the tradepost in the first place. Simple.

You bring up the topic of roleplay, I find it hardly convincing that it would be 'good' roleplay to blast a CTC guard in the head after he threatens you to leave the area. I would think the opposite to you, I find that terrible roleplay. Although they threaded your life, it would be a very idiotic move to murder a guard of a heavily military organisation whilst being in contact with many other armed civilians who are also willing to help the CTC with the removal of yourself from the tradepost.

To me, it seems you just want an excuse to fight back when presented to some authority and discipline.

You know, in an RP sense, there are maybe 30 guards there. Not only 1 but most likely all CTC guards we have cause they're living there. But sadly we don't have the slots or players to have them actually ingame. Also, CTC are the owners and guards of the TP. With killing one of the guards, everyone in the tp would more or less be your enemy.

I never was a friend of a 100% safezone, but you would need a good amount of manpower before you could think about attacking such a fortified place.

IC, the TP is heavly guarded, same as normal settlements are guarded IC. Just with the difference that the CTC have tanks ;)

And not sure if it would be wise to fight against 20 men with tanks and high grade gear