Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 13:19

Stashes Poofing

Lue

Maybe while I was gone this has become a known issue and im just not up to speed on it, but I made some hobo stashes filled with tin cans and bottles a while back and I saved them and everything... an hour after server restart they were gone. Just curious if theres an issue with camps/stashes in general or if theres a certain time limit on them to be saved and it was too close to server restart to save them?

• Sapphire

I believe all stashes/tents/sandbags/etc were reset due to a test for desync cures.

I thought it was a few days or something? However, all the cars were TP'ed to TP earlier on so it could have been the server derping :P

/shrug I had literally just placed them earlier today and right after restart they were gone... don't know if its related to the desync issue people are talking about (i didnt notice any desync, myself).

I noticed all the stashes at FM camp at Pobeda were gone when I logged in, too... weird.

I believe all stashes/tents/sandbags/etc were reset due to a test for desync cures.

LOL if thats the case, what luck for me... I finally decided to use those today and i've been carrying them around for days... Damn.. now I wish I had waited a bit longer lol.

Thank you!

• VIP

Server might have derped and not loaded anything. Check after the next restart.

As for the cleanup, our script wasn't deleting tents and stashes properly. Any stash or tent that hadn't been accessed for 5 days (I think) were deleted. The script was only deleting empty ones previously.

• MVP

On a semi-related note (but also not really that related), I found four tents that were glitched into some rocks on S1. As in, less than half of the tent was visible, the rest was inside of the rocks. I felt benevolent, so I put up some new, non glitched tents, transferred the gear, and deleted the glitched tents.

Please, don't glitch tents into things. Next time the gear will be deleted.

(Putting a tent under tree branches doesn't count as 'glitched', I'm talking more like this)

d7dc4d8b4d.jpg

02e06d2891.jpg

Please note: This was in no way directed towards the OP, this was a general message :D

ninja tents

No worries, I didn't think you were directing that one towards me lol... I actually had this happen to me a few times my first couple of weeks on DayZRP when I was trying to place medium stashes near a rock cliff... it ate it whole, so no biggy...

But, I swear I had a tent slowly migrate into a rock over time and get swallowed hole... Or maybe that was another stash that migrated after a restart and became unusable after... either way, It was by accident and never actually got to use them because of the glitch anyway...

• Sapphire

Hm, I had the same problem at some point, my stashes would disappear and then magically re-appear at the next restart sometimes with my stuff sometimes not, never really looked too much into this maybe they removed all stashes to "stress test" the servers and seeing how the performance would be without them :)

• VIP

Hm, I had the same problem at some point, my stashes would disappear and then magically re-appear at the next restart sometimes with my stuff sometimes not, never really looked too much into this maybe they removed all stashes to "stress test" the servers and seeing how the performance would be without them :)

They weren't all removed, the server will glitch sometimes and not load them when there is a corrupt vehicle entry.

• Sapphire

They weren't all removed, the server will glitch sometimes and not load them when there is a corrupt vehicle entry.

A corrupt vehicle entry? What would trigger that? :)

• VIP

A corrupt vehicle entry? What would trigger that? :)

I'll have to look into it, that's what Rolle told me. Probably just DayZ derping.

• Server Manager

S1 stashes and vehicles were accidentally put on S2. This has been corrected and now S1 things are back on S1 and S2 things are back on S2.

There has been no tent, stash or vehicle wipe!