Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 05:49

'Player Kills' removal Poll

Jerry

Remove 'Player Kills' from Leaderboards  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

Rolle says,

I don't think the leaderboard have motivated the players to kill more, the top 5 players have already been there when the leaderboards were introduced. If anything it sparked a competition between the top 3 players which can be seen as a good thing, they can kill each other :)

And at first thought from my play style and my feel of dayz i must agree. This said..

Points such as,

Quite agreed. For a "no KOS" server; where's the need for competition for player kills? How do you legitimately compete for that?

I heard from another TOR member today that he observed two clan members killing each other on respawns; whether this was for obtaining a bandit skin or boosting stats, we're not sure.

Agreed, remove the killcount.

Also, to my knowledge, isnt the low humanity count/bandit score also purely based on kills? If that's true, surely that one deserves to go just as much.

A shame we cant have a "succesful robbery without murdering anyone"-count, -that- would be interesting to see.

Really make me question the whole point of a lot of the leaderboards, perhaps limiting it to; Zombie Kills, Accuracy, Most time spent in-game, Best Survivor, Best Survivor Alive?

I'm intrested to see how this vote goes; jerryski perhaps an edit to allow for this suggestion as it would limit the "grinding" manipulation and get rid of the other contests?

Any stats on the leaderboards that represent banditry just breed flame wars and give people a lot more incentive to kill people in robberys instead of doing clean robberys and leaving with the gear.

I think negative humanity should be removed from the Leaderboards but you should still have it on your profile, anything that is represented in Leaderboards creates competition between players, and sadly this bandit competeion is having a negative affect on a lot of aspects in the servers gameplay.

Ok so we should remove 'Player kills' 'Top Bandits' and 'Top Heroes'? Because they only breed competition and people may lose sight of the RP on the server because of these stats on the leaderboards.

• MVP

Ok so we should remove 'Player kills' 'Top Bandits' and 'Top Heroes'? Because they only breed competition and people may lose sight of the RP on the server because of these stats on the leaderboards.

This

This

With all this being said, it's probably worth mentioning that we all appreciate the time and effort put into designing and implementing the leaderboards; they do make a great addition to the webby. But, as pointed out, some of the stats are having an unintended adverse affect.

It has got to the point where I avoid interaction with unknown players because 9 times out of 10 it'll be a robbery for the sake of robbing. As someone who wants to RP; I feel woefully at a disadvantage.

Guest Whiskey1

you guys fucking suck. gimme the player kills back!!!! goddam whiny pussy bitches! might aswell make this a pve only server now! if you dont like dying by other players then dont fucking play DayZ, holy shit!

Its for the better of the server, who cares if you can see or not see your player kills. Was totally pointless and it actually impacted clans that wanted to have good fire fights that weren't on the coast, not to the mention the negative impact it was having on the RP.

Guest Whiskey1

this was a bad idea in my opinion, plz bring them back so i know who i need to hunt down

bandit competitions are awsome guise jeeeeez~!

this server just lost a million cool points with me =(

we just need to purge all the KoS hungry turds who bend the rules to get kills.

I love killing ppl on this server just as much as the next guy. but i also like the RP element aswell and the player interaction. you guys know who the turds are. get rid of em! and give us back our player kills!!!!