Server time (UTC): 2021-10-20 07:40

What's up with the tents?

Sorry if this was asked somewhere else but I have been seeing a ton of tents in some really strange locations (doorways of churches, on roofs, in front of buildings, etc.).

It took me quite a while to finally find a tent and I'm going to try not to waste it, but if there is an easier way to get tents I'm all for it.

Far as I know, there isn't. Only way to get tent(s) is by trading or finding one.

And those which are on doorways, roofs etc. might be just someone trolling or server spawned them.

That's good to hear. I wanted to make sure that if there was a glitch/hack that was letting people spawn tents that people were aware of it.

I know that the church in Electro had a tent in the doorway and a couple in front of the building.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Emerald

I found two in a week time. They are rare because tents are more wanted and wasted than you think.

I indeed see tents deployed in places where I think "WHYYYYYYY??".

• Legend

TOR is in the process of placing tents in coastal cities as a series of 'sub-outposts'. To the best of my knowledge, none of these tents are in doorways or other WTF locations, but some of them might make you scratch your head a little, if you're not familiar with the TOR project.

A lot of the tents you're talking about were placed in commonly loot-farmed areas, to give them somewhere to dump the sub-par loot that spawns. Personally, I use these tents the same way I'd use any other TOR tent.