Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:50

Restart Intervals

Tortov

Would you like the server to restart more regularly?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

This is a poll on whether you would like the intervals between server restart times should be changed.

Quite a few people complain about missing a restart, and become dissapointed that they will have to wait at least 6 hours until they may spawn in their vehicle. I am proposing a couple more restarts per day, or regular intervals for restarts, as included in the poll.

I do not mean restarts every hour or so, but many servers have restarts roughly every 3-4 hours which I think is fine, but its up to Rolle and the players.

I also feel that this is very much possible given the fact that Rolle has admins who can remotely restart.

Thanks!

Agree with this suggestion.

Although I understand it depends on the availability of GMs to do so.

On the topic of missed restarts, as infrequent as they are, '5 minutes' warning somewhen after a missed restart isn't enough notice. I've been caught short a few times with loot stashed further than 5 mins away!

• MVP

on a typical restart we have maybe 2 cars to spawn, as it is there are typicly 35-40 cars on the map which stops the spawns from occuring naturaly I.E. no helicopters and such.

I don't see a reason to increase them while we still do each restart manually, perhaps when Rmod comes out officaly, and the request for spawns picks ups. Or if the restarts become automated then perhaps but for the time i fail to see any reason to up it.

I could see adding another restart for U.S. Primetime players 0300 UTC for a total of 4 restarts. Seeing as how I've missed out on spawning due to missing restarts I can relate. That being said, as restarts are done manually, we don't really have the man power for it, Because Rolle and Luna are asleep, and Zoarial is rarely on around this time due to real life.

• Emerald

I could see adding another restart for U.S. Primetime players 0300 UTC for a total of 4 restarts. Seeing as how I've missed out on spawning due to missing restarts I can relate. That being said, as restarts are done manually, we don't really have the man power for it, Because Rolle and Luna are asleep, and Zoarial is rarely on around this time due to real life.

Yeah I was going to suggest this, US players do need a restart.