Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:38

Sign in to follow this  
YungTrece

40K Lore

Ok, so I guess I'll start of saying that I occasionally develop for another RP game called Space Station 13. Its possible some people here have heard of it, however its not very popular. Recently, the guys who run the server came up to me asking for some help. They want to essentially keep the Core basics of the game, while at the same time, they want it to be more focused on the Warhammer 40k universe. Now this is where my problem comes in, as I've had 0 interaction with 40k save being apart of a clan based off of 40k a while ago. However, at the time, and still, I had no idea of any of the lore behind 40k. Now that I'm determined to create a version of SS13 using 40k lore, I need help. I was just wondering if any of you guys who have any involvement with Warhammer could just point me in the right direction of where I could dig my nails in on some good, juicy, lore.

simiskovich    0

Holy shit, I love SS13.

I bet there are a bunch of people who know this sort of stuff in this community, just have to wait.

Good luck with your project

Tamaster92    14

Sir Doctor    3

Google has all the answers :D

Hex    31

Aside from reading the 40k wiki, its a pretty interesting universe.

Some things to be prepared for....

1) Its Grimdark: no happy endings, millions of humans die every day and thats on a good day where 10 worlds arnt blown up by other humans.

2) Some impossibly sick shit happens. Chaos marines and Dark Eldar are notorious for being sadistic and twisted fucks.

3) As time goes on, everyone gets progressivly dumber, actual progress of technology goes backwards, to the point where in 10 thousand more years, they might as well be throwing rocks at each other. It seems mankind has lost the ability to progress with any sort of technology/Those fucks on Mars want it all for themselves.

4) shits fucked, like always fucked, no place aside from probably Earth and Mars are massive cluster-fucks.

Aside from that, its a shitty place to live if your a normal human, but if your a Space marine, shits pretty alright.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Google has all the answers :D

Nope, just no, it doesn't

There are hundreds of books detailing lore on the Warhammer universe. Internet Wiki sites are just the tip of the iceberg :P