Server time: 2017-08-18, 14:45

Sign in to follow this  
Tamaster92

Guide to DayZRP, ARMA 2 & Steamworks integration + beta patches.

Tamaster92    14

A little backstory

ARMA 2 uses a service known as gamespy to track and collate data on all it's multiplayer servers. Earlier this year this service was announced to be shutting down and over the coming month will be cease to function for many games including ARMA 2 and, by extension, DayZRP. To combat this and keep ARMA alive the developers of the game, Bohemia, have decided to move ARMA 2 + 3 to Steamworks, very much like DayZ standalone currently. DayZRP will be following along with this and as such EVERYONE who plays the mod will be required to make some changes.

What you need to do

What you need to do to be able to play DayZRP from patch 1.4.0 onwards varies depending on how your personal copy of ARMA is installed. I will split this into 2 sections so please read only the section relevant for you.

You own the game NOT on Steam

If you currently own and run the game outside of Steam then you will need to convert your current version of the game into a Steam version. This is a very simple process but does require a download of the entire game again so bear that in mind. To convert your game into a Steam copy you need;

- Your CD key, usually found in your email order or DVD case depending how you bought the game.

- Steam client installed and running as well logged in and online.

To get your free Steam copy of the game simply go to "Activate non-steam product", found here:

OtXHq.png

Hv82j.png

Type in your CD key, click OK and it should register and give you a free copy of the game. Once it is finished installing run ARMA 2 once, then Operation Arrowhead once, then any DLC you own once, then move to the instructions below.

You own a steam copy of ARMA 2:Combined Operations

This is is the easy part, all you have to do is delete the game named ARMA 2: Operationhead (Obsolete/Obsolete Beta). Then right click on the main Operation Arrowhead and select properties, select the beta tab and select beta from the drop down menu.

13RightclickonARMA2-OperationArrowhead.png

zT4WNHm.png

Once this is complete Steam will download a few files and voila! Done. From there you can proceed to install DayZRP 1.4.0 and run the game like normal.

WARNINGS

Please note that this WILL stop you from playing any other mods that aren't updated unless you downgrade your ARMA version. Also note that DayZ Commander will NOT WORK with beta patch updates going forward and this is THE ONLY way to get updates and keep playing ARMA and DayZRP. If you have any question or problems please feel free to post them here and we will do our best to help you.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

helpful guide :D apart from the fact that i don't even have OA beta/obsolete.So i won't even need to delete that... i assume .

Tamaster92    14

helpful guide :D apart from the fact that i don't even have OA beta/obsolete.So i won't even need to delete that... i assume .

Yeah you wouldn't need to then :)

Moose    7

Thanks for clearing this up. I wasnt sure what was going on with all this stuff.

Bob    0

thanks for the guide im gonna have to do an entire re-install of arma next patch xD

Mush    2

/Stuck this thread. This will be extremely useful in the future. Good work, Tamaster.

Fozzy    2

quick question. I have updated my:

dayz to 1.8.1,

And my beta to 112555

From some people, I heard that I cannot play dayzrp and other updated servers at the same time. Is this true? And if so, is there any way I can play dayzrp and other servers?

77Sam77    0

It's seems for me that if I click on "Add a non-steam game" I just get a shortcut to my arma 2 file on my computer. When I click the "activate a product" I can put in CD key and reinstall the game on steam.

Schmalz    0

Thanks for this guide, I had a Gamestop version and this worked swimmingly.

Is my PlayerID suppose to change when reinstalling the game on steam because that's what happened to me?

Yes, it switches to SteamID so im told. And your GUID will change aswell. I did this, so we'll need a GUID and PID reset when the update happens ._.

I own a steam version of ArmA 2 and I play on a store brought ArmA 2, If I was to convert my store brought one would I still be able to have both enabled on steam or should I give my store brought one to a friend so he can enjoy the glory of ArmA 2?

Kravock    1

I own a steam version of ArmA 2 and I play on a store brought ArmA 2, If I was to convert my store brought one would I still be able to have both enabled on steam or should I give my store brought one to a friend so he can enjoy the glory of ArmA 2?

Give your store bought one to a friend. You can only have one copy of a game on Steam.

Wait... am I supposed to be opted into the "None, opt out of all beta programs" or "beta" in the drop-down box in the BETAS tab??

Wait... am I supposed to be opted into the "None, opt out of all beta programs" or "beta" in the drop-down box in the BETAS tab??

In order to play on the DayZRP servers, you want to opt out of all of the betas available. GL!

Sign in to follow this