Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:14

Sign in to follow this  
Baron

Whetstones

Baron    2

Now with the steady approach of patch 1.4.0 for DayZRP I personally feel that this might not be such a bad suggestion.

Degrading items is something I'm honestly quite looking forward to honestly, but I believe that the knives seem to degrade awfully quickly when compared to real world hunting knives.

So my suggestion is this: The addition of Whetstones into the game, the Whetstones would act as a regenerating tool, only to be used once or twice per stone and would either fully regenerate the knife to near perfect condition, or possibly add another use to the knife itself?

Any opinions on this?

Burgz    6

I didn't even know about this 'knife degrading' thing, but if it's going to happen then it would be pretty cool if this could be added. Are these Whetstones actually already in the game or is that what you're suggesting.

and...'honestly'? :troll:

Baron    2

I didn't even know about this 'knife degrading' thing, but if it's going to happen then it would be pretty cool if this could be added. Are these Wheatstones actually already in the game or is that what you're suggesting.

and...'honestly'? :troll:

:P

I misspelled the entire thing, I feel the fool honestly. >_<

But I thought it might be a good idea, if not rough around the edges, but I'm suggesting that these be added into the game, however, I've never seen them in any other mod before.

Hex    31

A smart idea, but I'd say no.

Having degradable items is something the mod needs, it gives the players a reason to get out and search for new equipment.

Baron    2

A smart idea, but I'd say no.

Having degradable items is something the mod needs, it gives the players a reason to get out and search for new equipment.

Oh I completely agree Sov but in this instance, I believe it's a realistic idea too, seeing as the Whetstones would "wear down" after one or two uses, you'd still need to leave to find some more, or depending on their rarity, a new knife entirely.

I'd like to see your reply, see if you can put our heads together to make this agreeable, if my explanation above hasn't cleared it up entirely. :)

Hex    31

I agree it would be cool and more immersive, but ultimately its another model thats needs to be created ( not hard in general, hell I could do that ) but its such a tiny part of a system and its not super important.

Baron    2

I agree it would be cool and more immersive, but ultimately its another model thats needs to be created ( not hard in general, hell I could do that ) but its such a tiny part of a system and its not super important.

I agree on some level, I really do, but I think small items like that kinda make DayZ, for example junk items, useless, but add to the overall experience, with the addition of Whetstones, I like to believe it gives a resonance of "Time gone by, come back to visit." but I understand your PoV completely, it's merely a suggestion in the end. :)