Server time: 2017-08-17, 10:00

Sign in to follow this  
Baron

Where did your characters name come from?

Baron    2

As the thread name suggests, I'm really interested behind the thought process in some of the creative player names out there! :D

So, this also includes the nickname too feel free to share.

I'll start shall I?

The name Charles Westley derives from a combination of my Granddads (On my fathers side) middle name and the surname of a author of who I aspire to very much. :)

As for the nickname of Twig, that name belongs to a story book character from the series "Beyond the Deepwoods" in which the protagonist, Twig, starts off as a timid little boy thrust into a strange world completely on his own and soon discovers that he has the potential to achieve great things, this continues to be one of my favourite stories to present date and has been with me for quite some time.

Please feel free to share the thought behind yours, even if it seems like nothing, I'd like to hear from everyone. :D

Mykoli    1

Google ;).

Nah my Mykoli Dimchevski char Mykoli is my middle name and Dimchevski is my cousins last name so yaaaaaaaaar.

I basically name my characters after Family members.

SatansNightOut    105

Heh, the name "Twig" reminds me of Nuka Break. If you're a Fallout fan, you should check it out if you haven't already.

As far as Amy Strange goes... I guess I've always had a affinity for weird names. I wanted something creepy, like "Tommy Rotten", or "Dani Filth" (Cradle of Filth, anyone?).

I ended up coming up with Amy Strange. Her real name is Amanda Struss... and I came up with Struss because it sounded somewhat close to "Str"ange. If that makes sense. :)

Baron    2

Google ;).

Nah my Mykoli Dimchevski char Mykoli is my middle name and Dimchevski is my cousins last name so yaaaaaaaaar.

Interesting, me and you have a very similar thought process then. :D

Heh, the name "Twig" reminds me of Nuka Break. If you're a Fallout fan, you should check it out if you haven't already.

As far as Amy Strange goes... I guess I've always had a affinity for weird names. I wanted something creepy, like "Tommy Rotten", or "Dani Filth" (Cradle of Filth, anyone?).

I ended up coming up with Amy Strange. Her real name is Amanda Struss... and I came up with Struss because it sounded somewhat close to "Str"ange. If that makes sense. :)

The name Amy Strange always reminded me so much of the characters in Skulddugery Pleasant, who took names to seal their magical potential within themselves, I'm pretty sure there's a Ms.Strange in that very book series who happens to be a necromancer. for that very reason I was like "I must make friends with this person!" :P

As for the Nuka Break, it's been a while since I played Fallout3[?] So I can't quite remember the part you're refering to, sorry. ^^'

Edit: Oh... And:

cradle+of+filth.jpg

googled some somalian names and added them together, then implemented my own nickname in it sort of :P

Baron    2

googled some somalian names and added them together, then implemented my own nickname in it sort of :P

I like! :D Though I'll admit, some of you SDS fellas have some really, er... Out there names.

Baron    2

Google

Talk about a cop out answer. ;)

No offence, it's a good name none the less. :)

SatansNightOut    105

Google ;).

Interesting, me and you have a very similar thought process then. :D

The name Amy Strange always reminded me so much of the characters in Skulddugery Pleasant, who took names to seal their magical potential within themselves, I'm pretty sure there's a Ms.Strange in that very book series who happens to be a necromancer. for that very reason I was like "I must make friends with this person!" :P

As for the Nuka Break, it's been a while since I played Fallout3[?] So I can't quite remember the part you're refering to, sorry. ^^'

Edit: Oh... And:

cradle+of+filth.jpg

Lmao, I've never read Skulduggery Pleasant, but maybe now I'll have to check it out. I've been running out of things to put on my Kindle.

Ms. Strange... haha, I've been called that several times.

Anyway, in case you're interested:

EDIT: I just came across books 1-8 of Skulduggary Pleasant. I shall be putting them on my Kindle promptly. Thank you for the suggestion. :D

Baron    2

-Snip-

It's a younger persons series, for young adults if you know what I mean, but it involves a really awesome universe of which, if you're a fan of fantasy violence and Skeleton detectives, as I am, you'll very much enjoy it.

Thank you for the link too!

Othuyeg    20

Took my real life first name and changed the last name to something else.

Baron    2

Interesting... Can I ask where you're from? That name's very unique, but if it's too personal, I completely understand of course. :)

Othuyeg    20

Interesting... Can I ask where you're from? That name's very unique, but if it's too personal, I completely understand of course. :)

Finland

And you have to make the decision on wether to believe me or not all by yourself. :troll:

Dougie    23

Dougie is the name of a guy I used to play Dayz with and my character is highly based off of him. He was quite a redneck and he is the inspiration behind my character. Haha

Baron    2

-Snip-

Othuyeg - Secret Agent of Brian

Dougie is the name of a guy I used to play Dayz with and my character is highly based off of him. He was quite a redneck and he is the inspiration behind my character. Haha

Haha, awesome man! :D

I personally believe that the characters you most feel "in touch" with, are characters based off of people you care for, I like that.

Major Tom    78

My name is Tom. I watched Breaking Bad and it got to the part where Gale dances to this

song.

I liked the song, so I stuck 'Major' at the start of my name. It made it a little more interesting.

The name rule was eventually implemented and I was forced to add a second name. I was watching Dexter at the time and in one of my favourite RP moments I charged a bandit yelling "

" so I thought 'Doakes' was appropriate, as it's the name of Sgt. Doakes in the show. Best character.

So yeah, Major Tom Doakes.

Whitefur    4

Zekial Arakma is the main character of the game I am currently making, so i decided to use it as a handle in Final Fantasy XI. Been using it ever since in RP games

Rick    19

Rick is my name IRL, and seeing as I only ever planned to play him, I figured it would be easier for people IC and OOC to just call me by the same name. Mazreous I just made up as it sounded cool :)

John Eastwood has Clint Eastwood's lat name because my father and grandfather are big fans of his films, and I started watching them a few months ago because of a podcast on YouTube called PKA or Painkiller Already. One of the hosts is FPSRussia, but he doesn't show his face, he uses his Google+ avatar (Clint Eastwood), as he doesn't want to reveal that FPSRussia is a fake accent/person. Then I made his first name John, as I did not want to be 'Clint Eastwood'

Owen.    0

My IGN is my real name, Kilroy is an old tag used by US troops in WWII and today by SF, which Im looking into an enlistment contract for.

My characters first name is Castiel because it is my favorite character in a TV show i watch, And Frost is just a awesome last name.

Tiddles    0

Dath is a name I have used for a very long time, It would be a shame to not use it, as for the story, I a spelling mistake about 8 years ago. As for Nirion, I like the sound of it, Thats it. Now for the Doozy. Tiddles. How did I come up with that? I have no idea.

P3RKELE    0

Artyom comes from Metro 2033/Last Light and lastname is pretty much first name I came up, if I remember correct, it was somehow related to Metro.

(Cradle of Filth, anyone?).

Ohhh yes <3

Google

Talk about a cop out answer. ;)

No offence, it's a good name none the less. :)

Haha I just met a funny response but google common names and combine the coolest ones or maybe use your initials to find a new name like KN to Khalid Naurbi.