Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:33

Sign in to follow this  
Samdo123

Player Settlement's S2

Samdo123    0

Sorry if this has been brought up. I did a few quick searches and didn't find what I was looking for.

I see far to many people at the Trade Post at times so that calm RP is almost not possible. If we add in the play owned settlements to S2 along with the TP then we would have a decent number of people at the TP but small groups at the player run settlements. I feel this would give add more RP by spreading people out throughout Chernarus and will also allow the CTC to actually trade with other settlements. This will open both positions for smaller events, major trading of supplies, and allowing work for the merc factions and targets for the bandits.

Sorry if that was a little bit messy, I just let the ideas out as they came into my mind.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Player settlements are for S1

I think ISOA Are building a new improved one

Soon

Samdo123    0

Soon

I know they're for S1. I'm suggesting combining the two for a better RP experience. So convoys can be a thing and Chernarus wont seem so empty besides at the TP.

Heroz_Nick    21

it would become to close to epoch [base wars], I think people wouldn't tolerate that. Servers have to be regulated [iG/OG] and Server 2 is mostly for RP I feel.

Tamaster92    14

The idea in having settlements not on S2 is to provide varying experiences. Not everyone likes TO and CTC so they have S1 and the settlements there. You can still do trade convoys etc it just requires switching servers part way through :)

Ancalagon    0

it would become to close to epoch [base wars], I think people wouldn't tolerate that. Servers have to be regulated [iG/OG] and Server 2 is mostly for RP I feel.

I know that you might not know it because you weren't around but last year, it was pretty common to have several settlements, on S1 and S2.

Server 2 is mostly for RP because Server 1 is empty/an overflow server cause there is nothing to do.

After a while, there is no point in "normal" playing anymore, you have gear, you have supplies. You need somewhere to travle to, somewhere to return.

Also, no idea how it should become close to Epoch in any way o_O

I'd liek to see settlements on S2. Because on S2, the whole main focus is on the TP, one S1 its... nowhere. Later maybe Settlements, but only for the groups friendly to the CRs.

Don't believe what you described is that easy Tamaster. For the CTC, it might be, they can spawn in stuff and vehicles.

Survivors and groups can't. People want to go to TP as well as to settlements. It gets even more complicated when you have cars, especially with stuff to trade. During primetime, you cant switch the server 4 outside of a settlement to get your stuff. And from there, you can't really play/travle on the server since all your vehicles and equipment wait for you on the old server

Heroz_Nick    21

I know that you might not know it because you weren't around but last year, it was pretty common to have several settlements, on S1 and S2.

Server 2 is mostly for RP because Server 1 is empty/an overflow server cause there is nothing to do.

After a while, there is no point in "normal" playing anymore, you have gear, you have supplies. You need somewhere to travle to, somewhere to return.

I understand that but I'm saying, to help regulate the amount of players to each server so one server is not overpopulated e.g with bandits otherwise people would be very hesitant about logging in. Epoch mate, base wars? people would use that as a reason to say "let's go attack their base, then they will come and counter-attack"..type of scenario. It all comes down to regulating server whichever way I see it.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours, either S1 or S2 but as it stands currently, Im happy

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Soon

I know they're for S1. I'm suggesting combining the two for a better RP experience. So convoys can be a thing and Chernarus wont seem so empty besides at the TP.

Settlements and TP all one one server.

No thanks. Not only then will EVERY BODY be in either a settlement or the TP but also the Desync and lag will be too much.

Ancalagon    0

I understand that but I'm saying, to help regulate the amount of players to each server so one server is not overpopulated e.g with bandits otherwise people would be very hesitant about logging in. Epoch mate, base wars? people would use that as a reason to say "let's go attack their base, then they will come and counter-attack"..type of scenario. It all comes down to regulating server whichever way I see it.

Uhmm you know, it basicly does the opposite. As a bandit, where would i go. On the server where 15 people, their cars and gear are in a safezone, or an server where you can attack what you want. Many clans will only stay on one server - which limits their RP experience. People who like to visit the TP can't properly visit settlements and the whole settlement RP, along with it's CR, will be on S1. Yes, the CRs. At least in the past, CR clans stayed on the server their camp was on - makes sense.

It's not only about regulating the server. It's about spreading people out. People need reasons to travle. Why should anyone run up North east if there is no reason to? Best example were the Sanctuary times.

There was Haven in NE, then there was the Ravens Nest at gorka and Sanctuary exactly where TP is atm.

The OP doesn't wants to regulate the server, we wants to give others a reason to travle more, to use other parts of the map again. Which doesn't means there shouldn't be settlements at S1. Cause otherwise, there would be no reason at all to go there. Just that it shouldn't only be S1.

And don't think everyone would be at a settlement, they wouldn't. It never was like this. THe only ones who would be there are the CRs. But normal players would travle, maybe stay a bit and leave again. Because there are other things to do.

I personally don't like the TP, yet i'm hanging out there all the time because there is nothing else to do. And even there, it's boring most of the time ^^

Settlements would give a reason to be outside, to travle and not to stick at/around TP all the time. Or return there every 30 minutes.

Also, that has nothing to do with Epoch. I mean ofc people would attack an enemies base, i mean that half of the point making such a settlement o_O Would make no sense at all not to. Big groups have bases, ofc they wage war, where is the problem? It has always been like this. Also, i don't understand what you are trying to say with that, i mean whether settlements are on S2 or S1, there will always be wars between factions.

Heroz_Nick    21

Uhmm you know, it basicly does the opposite. As a bandit, where would i go. On the server where 15 people, their cars and gear are in a safezone, or an server where you can attack what you want. Many clans will only stay on one server - which limits their RP experience. People who like to visit the TP can't properly visit settlements and the whole settlement RP, along with it's CR, will be on S1. Yes, the CRs. At least in the past, CR clans stayed on the server their camp was on - makes sense.

It's not only about regulating the server. It's about spreading people out. People need reasons to travle. Why should anyone run up North east if there is no reason to? Best example were the Sanctuary times.

There was Haven in NE, then there was the Ravens Nest at gorka and Sanctuary exactly where TP is atm.

The OP doesn't wants to regulate the server, we wants to give others a reason to travle more, to use other parts of the map again. Which doesn't means there shouldn't be settlements at S1. Cause otherwise, there would be no reason at all to go there. Just that it shouldn't only be S1.

And don't think everyone would be at a settlement, they wouldn't. It never was like this. THe only ones who would be there are the CRs. But normal players would travle, maybe stay a bit and leave again. Because there are other things to do.

I personally don't like the TP, yet i'm hanging out there all the time because there is nothing else to do. And even there, it's boring most of the time ^^

Settlements would give a reason to be outside, to travle and not to stick at/around TP all the time. Or return there every 30 minutes.

Also, that has nothing to do with Epoch. I mean ofc people would attack an enemies base, i mean that half of the point making such a settlement o_O Would make no sense at all not to. Big groups have bases, ofc they wage war, where is the problem? It has always been like this. Also, i don't understand what you are trying to say with that, i mean whether settlements are on S2 or S1, there will always be wars between factions.

Alright I'll keep it simple since we're going round in circles here.....we have to be extremely careful about the idea of "settlements" because that was in 2012, it's now 2014, different time, different clans, and many more clans than before, I'm guessing. Especially with clans that like PvP, this is RP. Imagine every faction having their own settlement with 60 players online, it would be Chaos with a capital C lol. Even now with S2 there's reports flying left right & center.

At the end of the day it's down to choice, S1 or S2. we have to see how it goes, currently as it is.

Samdo123    0

Alright I'll keep it simple since we're going round in circles here.....we have to be extremely careful about the idea of "settlements" because that was in 2012, it's now 2014, different time, different clans, and many more clans than before, I'm guessing. Especially with clans that like PvP, this is RP. Imagine every faction having their own settlement with 60 players online, it would be Chaos with a capital C lol. Even now with S2 there's reports flying left right & center.

At the end of the day it's down to choice, S1 or S2. we have to see how it goes, currently as it is.

I never suggested that every faction have their own camp, or it becomes any easier for them to be created. I just want the ability to have something other then a TP to strive towards getting to on the server. I am already getting bored again considering the only place I ever see people are in or around the TP. The entire idea I had was to make people travel from the TP to some other settlement. As said of course people will attack those settlements but that doesn't mean its like epoch. It will just be like it was before the TP was readded. I personally don't think their will be many more reports coming in then there are right now. I am not offering CR's a chance to kill people on sight in their settlement or something. The rules would be the exact same as they were back then. This is something that I've seen happen a few times with this community. Everyone aims for one server, even when they add in settlements you won't see loads of people on S1. Everyone will still stick around S2 because the TP will always be the roleplay hub. People went there first and they have no other place to head towards. They don't see a point in connecting to S1, leaving their car behind, and walking to a random area of the map just so they can check out a most likely empty settlement. The only two major flaws I see is that it MIGHT cause desync but i'm not sure about how valid that statement is, and with the fact that some point aren't fond of the council or the CTC. At that point they can go to the settlements on S1.

No thanks. Not only then will EVERY BODY be in either a settlement or the TP but also the Desync and lag will be too much.

Wouldn't people be outside of those while they travel to and from camps? Just like they would in real life? Also what part of it would cause the desync. The added in buildings and what not?

Heroz_Nick    21

I never suggested that every faction have their own camp, or it becomes any easier for them to be created. I just want the ability to have something other then a TP to strive towards getting to on the server. I am already getting bored again considering the only place I ever see people are in or around the TP. The entire idea I had was to make people travel from the TP to some other settlement. As said of course people will attack those settlements but that doesn't mean its like epoch. It will just be like it was before the TP was readded. I personally don't think their will be many more reports coming in then there are right now. I am not offering CR's a chance to kill people on sight in their settlement or something. The rules would be the exact same as they were back then. This is something that I've seen happen a few times with this community. Everyone aims for one server, even when they add in settlements you won't see loads of people on S1. Everyone will still stick around S2 because the TP will always be the roleplay hub. People went there first and they have no other place to head towards. They don't see a point in connecting to S1, leaving their car behind, and walking to a random area of the map just so they can check out a most likely empty settlement. The only two major flaws I see is that it MIGHT cause desync but i'm not sure about how valid that statement is, and with the fact that some point aren't fond of the council or the CTC. At that point they can go to the settlements on S1.

the lag in itself would be unbearable, what I'm saying is just examples of would could possibly happen, that's all.

emphasis on this "it's down to choice, S1 or S2. we have to see how it goes, currently as it is."

Ancalagon    0

It was 2013, not 2012, noone could have thought about settlements in the form we had it back than.

And tbh, nothing really changed. Beside rules and players who came/left, everything basicly stayed the same. Many people don't like to hear that because it takes away the feeling of them being "special" or changing something, but thats how it is. The standart of RP might have increased but thats nothing with influence on settlements.

Otherwise, give examples because i can't think of any.

The reportd are flying because it's TP. They flew 1 year ago, at the old TP, they do now. Thats simply how it is when there is a safezone. And thats why i don't like safezones. The old TP was taken out because of these rulebreaks (even if i barely experienced any trolls there). I told everyone it would happen again when the new TP was announced.

There are Settlement rules, they worked all the time, they still do. And they also apply for the TP, at least if it's about CR rights. Just with the difference that stealing, hostiletility and attacks are bannable offenses.

Ofcourse, the first settlements should be set on S1. Because i wouldn't neccesarly see it as an advantage when you are on S2. S2 will still be full and many people will still use the TP more than settlements. As a consequence, there will be more people at the S1 settlements, since they are the trading and roleplay hubs.

They always tried to split them up equally so it is indeed balanced. And thats why the first one/two should be on S1, but i then there should be the possibility to make some on S2 as well. Because the TP is a RP hub as well and many people like to go there. But if you are a CR, you will most likely live on the server you camp is on, makes sense to me. Means that you simply won't be able to reach TP properly. Well yeah, you could walk there... with the stuff you can carry... congratulations, but thats not what big clans want to do ^^

And the lag/desync? Well, i don't know. Don't even know why it's so high atm, i wonder how many objects the TP haves. But as i mentioned before, we had several settlements+PCBs on one server already. Please keep in mind that player settlements aren't nearly as big as the TP

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Really, it all comes down to choice.

One of the whole points of having settlements on server one, and the tradepost on server two, is to allow individuals to have the freedom of choice to which kind of play they with to be involved in.

If you're wanting to have a more relaxed experience and the option to enter a safezone, go play on server two.

If you're wanting to be more bold and risk it for the biscuit, go play on server one.

With that said, there is no need at all to mix the two options together. If we were to put settlements and the tradepost all in the one server, it would result in an over population and almost impossible task to log onto a desync mess of a server.

I could sit here for a solid hour and reply my opinion and arguments to all the posts posted on this thread, but that would be a hell of a post and I decided i'll keep it simple.

All in all, allow people to have a choice to where they want to play.

To sum it up, give the players the choice to what they what to pick/play. Putting the two on the same server results in the restriction of freedom for others who obviously don't enjoy specific aspects that each server brings (such as hating the presence of the TP).

Simple.

Lucky    0

Remove tp and settlementson both servers?

Kind of agree with this, since when the 1.4.0 patch comes out there is going to be an attack on TP isnt there?

-snip | TP/Settlements same server | snip-

This exactly. If we removed detail from the TP (Tanks, etc that dont really need to be there, kind of dumb it down a bit) we could probably have Settlements again. I personally think the fact that people could attack is more fun.. at TP there is no threat (though I kind of like that) there should be a constant threat... its a zombie apocalypse...

Yeah, I agree with Samdo. I know that S1 is for the player settlements, but there are at max 5 people on that server at all times. It would make for a much easier RP experience for factions and indenpendents. Say you're too far from TP, but you want to trade right now. You could walk to, say, somewhere close to Berezino and trade there. I think it'd just be neat to have more is all. They don't even reallyhave to be safe zones.

Dr_Kan    0

Having read all these comments i would like to add my thoughts. As the game stands at the moment, everyone plays RP-S2, so this "choice" of play style from different map setups that has been offered, is really not a choice. You either play on your own on RP-S1 or you go on to RP-S2 where everyone is. I do see the valid point of "spreading" people out over the map and giving them a reason to travel. While the trade hub may offer a more "Regulated" type of game play, it also takes away a lot of the elements that made the mod fun in the first place. By only giving one place for everyone to go, and no reason to go further you have taken out of the game the "survival" aspect as well as the tense situations of clan wars (which is nothing like Epoch in any way shape or form and quite frankly is a terrible comparison).

While i agree that a lot of role playing is about communication, its also just as much about situations. With everyone being in one spot, not alot really happens unless some one kicks off, so all there is is talking. You have essentially made a glorified chat room with the trade hub. This offers no situations, no more real kidnapping and taking them to bases, no more "holy shit were under attack" moments.

While i understand that you do want to have a role playing server with lots of player interaction, i would like to remind you that you are role playing in zombie apocalypse, in a military simulator. Also to only have a trade hub, totally goes against role-playing, as your essentially saying, this is the only place people have built - no groups of survivors, who dont want to go near the Trading Hub would ever build there own camp. Im not saying bring back the massive bases of old - but more Generic Outposts (small things that can hold just about 1 car) so people can actually have something that is theirs. With the current server set up, it goes against commence scene of lore, back story and general role playing.

Ofc - these are just my opinions, but thanks for reading them :)

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

what, and bring even more lag to server 2?

adding another settlement where people sit all day won't help

removing the one settlement will

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I actually like this idea. I think it would be cool to add something like a scientific place, a lab. My friends are thinking of making a science-based RP clan and we need a place to RP at - a lab.

Killernat    0

Problem with having player settlements on S1 is basically no one goes on on it, you would be lucky to find at least 18 people on

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

How about we suggest what can be added to S2, what building should be there?

Ghost    8

Problem with having player settlements on S1 is basically no one goes on on it, you would be lucky to find at least 18 people on

Well the settlements on S1 will give players a reason to go on S1 the only reason why S1 is used now is because S2 is full.

Buck99    0

You know we should just take a few of the smaller settlements say like Prud and a few others It would give a more RP sence to the server instead of having every one cramed in to one place like TP they could be up at Prud or somewhere else then we have bandits between the two places looking for people to rob or have trading caravan's going from TP to Prud or other settlements I mean we dont have to add ALL the other settlements just some of the smaller or medium sized ones that people would actually go to