Server time: 2017-10-17, 18:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
77Sam77

Try out S3!

77Sam77    0

I have seen lately there's actually a first-person gonna be hardcore server for dayzRP. I've never been a fan of playing dayz first-person, but I figured I would try it once anyway. It was one of the best times in dayz yet, even though I've not encountered anyone, yet.

For the first time I'm actually scared to enter towns again, cause you can't 3rd person your way around zombies and I was constantly looking around and over my shoulder for zombies or other players. It was actaully a real challenge again and I even had some near-death experience by being knocked down by zombies because I didn't see them approaching with my 2 eyes in my back. That also counts fore player interaction. You can't stalk someone without the chance of him spotting you, because a line of sight on him, means he could have line of sight on you as well. This would also make firefights more interesting and realistic, as waiting behind a wall in 3rd person and following every movement so you can pop out and shoot him when he's not in cover is quite boring and frustrating for the person you're fighting with.

The issue now is that no other players really play on the server. This has to change! Even if you never liked first-person, try it! For me this might be the way im gonna continue playing dayzRP even though I thought I wouldn't like it. Unless I want some real player interaction, that mostly happens on S2. Just, try S3 and see if you like it.

Big thanks to the guys that implemented this and I hope to see some more people around at S3! :D

Masulii    25

I like playing on hardcore servers also, when you get into a firefight, you need to check your surroundings all the time and you don't get the advance of 3rd person where you could just check around corners and spray them dead. No, you need to peek out or just stay in cover. There is so much more feeling when you are in 1st person. But it is a shame that not many like to play hardcore servers :(

Tomeran    3

TBH, S3 seems to follow the trend that has been standard on DayZRP for almost two years now:

Lots of people request something, be it alternative maps, another mod or other features.

People go to that map/feature/alternative and in the first days or at most a week, the server sees traffic.

Then they either get bored or notice that the vast majority seems to favor "vanilla" and the "feature server" is gradually abandoned. It has happened almost every single time. The only notable exception I can think of is epoch, where people actually transfered over to epoch and STAYED there. Although one can argue the primary motive for that being that "vanilla" was quite broken at the time.

Still, I'd like to think epoch's very interesting features kept a fair few of them interested. Compared to epoch, vanilla can be quite boring.

#cut4bringbackepoch. :(

Regardless, people should spread out over the servers more. If not on S3, then at least S1. Hopefully the settlements that will be added with 1.4.0 should help balance the server pop. I know there will be a few on S1, but im not sure on S3.

77Sam77    0

I like playing on hardcore servers also, when you get into a firefight, you need to check your surroundings all the time and you don't get the advance of 3rd person where you could just check around corners and spray them dead. No, you need to peek out or just stay in cover. There is so much more feeling when you are in 1st person. But it is a shame that not many like to play hardcore servers :(

Well, since yesterday I do play on them, and I love it. So hope to see you around... just.. be nice to me okay? :)

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

I personally prefer S1 and S2.I like being able to see my character.But that's my personal opinion.

TBH, S3 seems to follow the trend that has been standard on DayZRP for almost two years now:

Lots of people request something, be it alternative maps, another mod or other features.

People go to that map/feature/alternative and in the first days or at most a week, the server sees traffic.

Then they either get bored or notice that the vast majority seems to favor "vanilla" and the "feature server" is gradually abandoned. It has happened almost every single time. The only notable exception I can think of is epoch, where people actually transfered over to epoch and STAYED there. Although one can argue the primary motive for that being that "vanilla" was quite broken at the time.

Still, I'd like to think epoch's very interesting features kept a fair few of them interested. Compared to epoch, vanilla can be quite boring.

Regardless, people should spread out over the servers more. If not on S3, then at least S1. Hopefully the settlements that will be added with 1.4.0 should help balance the server pop.

Epoch was quite succesful and in my opinion if you guys bring it back alot of people would start playing that again.Only thing bad about epoch is that there was a big amount of players building their bases 24/7.Oh and the fact that someone broke the assets! :P

77Sam77    0

Regardless, people should spread out over the servers more. If not on S3, then at least S1. Hopefully the settlements that will be added with 1.4.0 should help balance the server pop.

I completely agree that it's a trend, but hell, why not enjoy it while it's there. Maybe after a while most people will leave, but there might have been a lot of good roleplaying before people leave, right?

Just hope to get some people into S3, maybe they like it, maybe they don't. Can't hurt to try

Masulii    25

Well, since yesterday I do play on them, and I love it. So hope to see you around... just.. be nice to me okay? :)

As a Cerberus, yeah, but only if you are also nice to me :P

As my alt character, no promises :D

77Sam77    0

As a Cerberus, yeah, but only if you are also nice to me :P

As my alt character, no promises :D

My main character (only character right now) is one of the most friendliest persons on chernarus, so you'll be alright ;)

Cid    333

S3 is still a lot of fun, but when you are the only one running around it gets kind of boring sadly. I feel like the problem will hopefully be solved when there are more features to S3, since as of right now the only thing different is first-person. That's it.

Give it time to develop. Once ACRE is working and more features are added to the server like the helicopters and new loot tables, I feel it will grow at least a little bit.

Mikachu    26

Glad you are enjoying it already :)

Hopefully some added features and changes in 1.4.0 for S3 only should make it better and draw more players

Moxy    19

For the first time I'm actually scared to enter towns again, cause you can't 3rd person your way around zombies and I was constantly looking around and over my shoulder for zombies or other players. It was actaully a real challenge again and I even had some near-death experience by being knocked down by zombies because I didn't see them approaching with my 2 eyes in my back. That also counts fore player interaction. You can't stalk someone without the chance of him spotting you, because a line of sight on him, means he could have line of sight on you as well. This would also make firefights more interesting and realistic, as waiting behind a wall in 3rd person and following every movement so you can pop out and shoot him when he's not in cover is quite boring and frustrating for the person you're fighting with.

The issue now is that no other players really play on the server. This has to change! Even if you never liked first-person, try it! For me this might be the way im gonna continue playing dayzRP even though I thought I wouldn't like it. Unless I want some real player interaction, that mostly happens on S2. Just, try S3 and see if you like it.

Big thanks to the guys that implemented this and I hope to see some more people around at S3! :D

This is what makes S3 so awesome to me as well, and why I've been pushing it for a very long time. It adds SO much immersion into the game, and actual fear of zombies again. I'm glad more people are testing it out and posting their POV, I hope others continue to do the same after reading this.

If people commit to playing S3, and only S3, more players will join.

Start the revolution.

Play S3 exclusively.

Join the movement.

Caeldon    1

I'm waiting until all the special features get added before I play S3 exclusively.

77Sam77    0

S3 is still a lot of fun, but when you are the only one running around it gets kind of boring sadly. I feel like the problem will hopefully be solved when there are more features to S3, since as of right now the only thing different is first-person. That's it.

Give it time to develop. Once ACRE is working and more features are added to the server like the helicopters and new loot tables, I feel it will grow at least a little bit.

I've never played with ACRE, but isn't it like a programme working with teamspeak and arma 2 to make a realistic radio with radio frequencies?

To the running around alone, I've only been playing for 2 days yet, so right now it's still fun, but as I said: For real roleplaying go to S2

This is what makes S3 so awesome to me as well, and why I've been pushing it for a very long time. It adds SO much immersion into the game, and actual fear of zombies again. I'm glad more people are testing it out and posting their POV, I hope others continue to do the same after reading this.

If people commit to playing S3, and only S3, more players will join.

Start the revolution.

Play S3 exclusively.

Join the movement.

#S3tartTheRevolution

Cid    333

To be completely honest I'll probably be pushing to have my fellow Unnamed play S3 when the new patch comes out. Different loot tables with a new hive and helicopters sounds pretty sweet. Although, I feel like it'll be another patch or 2 of changes to S3 before it really becomes popular.

Shanoby    63

Yeah, need to play more on S3 myself aswell... Exclusevly on S3, soon!

Stagsview    624

I just play 1st person anyway.. I don't need something to enforce it for me ;)

77Sam77    0

Well, the problem with that is that most people use 3rd person, which gives you a really, REALLY big disadvantage. On S3 at least everyone has the same disadvantage.

Stagsview    624

Well, the problem with that is that most people use 3rd person, which gives you a really, REALLY big disadvantage. On S3 at least everyone has the same disadvantage.

Oww i disagree and have heard that argument before but stilk it is best to use what you can play most comfortably as. I enjoy first person as it feels more real and I can fight better like that. Another does 3rd for other reasons.

Playing 1st does not give a disadvantge, it makes it more realistic. Do I support only 1st person servers? Yes i do, but for my own taste. It does not mean my own desires outway peoples own desires.

It comes down to this: Does the community strive for realism or a balence between player friendly and realism giving options out to the community.

S3 is an option but if offers nothing different than the other servers besides enforced 1st person. It needs to being flavor to the dish before the admins should od thought about offering it out to it players imo.

Ancalagon    0

Good luck, i believe S3 is a good thing to have. Many people always wished a hardcore server but now, it's sadly almost empty, even during prime time :/

Maybe once ACRE is in.

Still, i won't play there, i hate both, ACRE and 1st Person.

Major Tom    88

I love S3 but I hate driving bicycles, motorbikes and ATVs on that server. Makes me sick with all the shaking.

I'm sure S3 will get more popular after the update. I'd love to get in to a fight on S3 as I'm yet to see combat on that server.

Baron    2

I don't know if anyone else gets this issue, but I find that prolonged amounts of time in the 1st person viewpoint often (Not always) makes me feel very, very sick, I've disabled the headbob, which worked wonders, but even still it makes me feel like I want to vomit. :S

I find that travelling in third person, then sticking to first while interacting/aiming with someone or something is a much better way to play for me, health speaking.

77Sam77    0

I don't know if anyone else gets this issue, but I find that prolonged amounts of time in the 1st person viewpoint often (Not always) makes me feel very, very sick, I've disabled the headbob, which worked wonders, but even still it makes me feel like I want to vomit. :S

I find that travelling in third person, then sticking to first while interacting/aiming with someone or something is a much better way to play for me, health speaking.

I personally don't have this issue but my dad has the same thing you have. Playing games in first-person just makes him sick. Maybe there are some tips online to help prevent sickness or maybe make you feel less sick, as I have seen quite a few people that have this.

Oldman    22

First person is pretty damn cool on Arma III, but on Arma II it feels bad. Mainly, because on Arma III movement is better and you can see your gun in front of you to give you more feel to it.

If the hives will be split I might try it out with an alt character.