Server time: 2017-08-20, 13:41

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArcticStarling

Hatchet and Crowbar Fights by TP

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

As a lot of you all know Hatchet and Crowbar fights have gone on in DayZRP for a long time, usually at settlements or PCB's.

Now, the issue is currently as I have seen in game is that when I have an argument with someone inside TP (quite often) it usually ends in a civ going "why don't you guys just have a hatchet fight", I've seen this multiple times and have been challenged before aswell as seeing others just shouting it for no reason.

My issue here is not the fact that I dislike hatchet fights (I don't) it is that it seems to be a resolution for everything. With almost every little quarrel over a can of beans or if someone is a dogpig resulting in having a hatchet fight, but let's have it 300 meters that way as it looks nicer over there.

For me it is almost no value for life as I'm not sure anyone would be willing to risk life and death just because someone called him a Cunt. Sure you could try and rain on my parade and say it's an apocalypse peiple are driven to the margins of normality. But still, it just wouldn't happen IRL over such a small thing.

I would understand If there had been a longstanding and growing IC grudge between two people, and I'm not talking about he robbed me earlier today. I'm talking a few months of pure IC hatred. It seems as people are just bored of the stale TP RP and just wanting some action so they'll have a hatchet fight.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

SgtWinters    0

I wouldn't mind them if IG we didnt refer to them as "hatchet fights". It is not something you would commonly hear.

Dowsey    0

I wouldn't mind them if IG we didnt refer to them as "hatchet fights". It is not something you would commonly hear.

What would you prefer? 'Axe fights'? 'Axe Duels'?

You have 'sword fights', I can't see how 'hatchet fights' is any different.

Baron    2

As long as both parties consent, a duel to the death to settle a grudge isn't an unrealistic thing, if you don't like it, break it up in character.

If it's evolved because of name calling, then yes, I agree it's bloody stupid, but otherwise unless the CTC guards or someone else do something about it in an appropriate manner, I don't really see too much of an issue if it's outside the compound itself.

Guest Tompmal   
Guest Tompmal

A hatchet fight is a way to sort out disputes eaisly and enjoyably for other people watching maybe if a hatchet didn't insta kill someone and just broke thier legs or something it would work a lot better. Personally I would like a 10 step turn around and shoot, pistols at dawn type thing.

SgtWinters    0

I dont know, just refer to them as duels.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

This isn't about hatchet fights themselves it's about people having them over nothing (Name calling )

Yep, I was talking to the infected CLF man about how the infection will take over soon. Then all of a sudden they all get pissy and say, let's take this outside. herderder, hatchet fight will resolve this. It was completely random and I was just warning the infected man.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Cut4FightArena

Burgz    6

They should not be used as often, it's like executions. If it's going to happen, it has to be like you say. Strong, IC hatred for one another. To be honest, it should be a permadeath if you die, just to strike home the sincerity that little bit extra.

On a slightly related note, I'd like to see people vary it up a little you know? Pistol duels etc etc. That could be good fun :D

Tamaster92    14

Cut4FightArena

The one down by zeleno is still IG

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

As the hatchet champion of desal I can safely say that it doesn't feel like no value for life.

It's as much value for life as when you initiate on somebody, or involve yourself in a firefight. It's great fun OOC and if you know OOC and IC that you can wreck your opposer there's nothing better than fighting for your glory and possibly dying with honor..

basically, it's just fucking awesome to win

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Cut4FightArena

The one down by zeleno is still IG

I was thinking of one inside the TP, where organised events that are structured could take place.

Kind of similar to the one in stalker or other similar games which use the same idea.

GingerHippo    4

No, it's a 'fight to the death' :D

Bryan    0

Yep, I was talking to the infected CLF man about how the infection will take over soon. Then all of a sudden they all get pissy and say, let's take this outside. herderder, hatchet fight will resolve this. It was completely random and I was just warning the infected man.

FYI it was a random who shouted in "Do a hatchet fight"

On topic: I hate hatchet fights. The end :)

BeastMade    0

Even if its not vslue of your life but, really let people have littlebit fun ingame if they are both agreeing the fight.

FYI it was a random who shouted in "Do a hatchet fight"

On topic: I hate hatchet fights. The end :)

oh :P sounded like someone from CLF

Sin    114

I hate hatchet fights. The end :)

... said it better than I could. Hatchet fights, whatever you call them, are dumb, dumb, dumb.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

A famous man once said. "Bugged Melee mechanics" That is why i don't hatchet fight or yeah.