Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Michio Kaku

Turning in my whitelist

Michio Kaku    0

Hi guys, just came here quickly to 'be a man' about my decision to not play DayZRP again even so soon after me getting whitelisted. (A week)

I would like to say, thanks for accepting me and you have made a good community here. At first glance at least.

My problem with the server was it really was not what I was looking for. I was looking for some realistic roleplay, however it seems that all you get in DZRP is people saying really stupid and unrealistic things in that terrible and very highly annoying Russian accent. I can provide examples if need be, there's plenty of examples on YouTube. It's very sad, it also seems that the over 18 rule is NON-EXISTANT. I am 20 years old and was expecting someone to at least talk to me in TS before they whitelisted me. This makes me worry that there are infact, a high number of 14 year olds playing this game.

EDIT: Quick example

"He's trying to communicate with Aliens". Also there is no way that guy is over 18.

The bottom line is, I wanted an experience that would be unique each time. Meet people on the road, tell them about your past, hear about theirs. Some interesting reactions. Hell, I was even looking forward to getting robbed - that would have been fun. But it seems that there is literally no threat on this server, NO Danger except from the super buggy and glitchy OP zombies. Yes, making them more powerful is a good idea if they weren't so glitchy in terms of pathfinding which makes them a lot harder to kill.

All everyone seems to do is sit in the Trader City and talk - for lack of a better word - utter shit. I was hoping for a more realistic and chilled out RP world. Just really, really bad RP.

Also this guy Caesar, the Admin - whoever he thinks he is - after watching a video of him shooting people and teleporting and shooting again and teleporting, and getting killed and come back. Then people defended him by saying "He was making RP, pretending to be a big group with numbers". I am sorry but that is bullshit and absolutely retarded. I can understand the excuse but that was not the case and even if it was that is fucking stupid in my opinion.

I am being honest here, maybe in my departure you will agree with this and make some changes. I know a lot of people will disagree, and do so by all means. I am not here to argue. You can go ahead and delete my whitelisted GUID.

Thank you.

PS. Appreciate that with this whitelisted guid that I could have went on a KoS spree and tried to make the most of my last moments on DayZRP. I am not interested in being a troll and have no bad blood with anyone. I just prefer to do things the right way and hope you guys appreciate that.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Clearly your just having bad experiences.

I've met many people 'on the road' and had many realistic and great RP experiences. You obviously havnt met Vincent Lee, Mace, Tomeran, CLF, BHM , SDS (bandit RP), Volki or any CTC ?

There are many great roleplayers in this community I only have time to list a few and a few clans.

But if you want to leave your decision I guess.

o7

Hofer    20

Moving to Introductions and Farewells.

Nihoolious    1248

I can actually agree with a lot of the things you pointed out and believe me, we aren't the only ones. But at the same time, nothing is perfect. Am I trying to justify the entire community sitting in a laggy Trade Post doing nothing? No. All I can say is that you joined at a bad time. I think asking to have your whitelist revoked is taking it a bit too far.

Take it from me. I joined when the servers were unplayable and all that was left was a poor substitute known as Epoch. But, I waited and ended up playing one of the greatest mods I had ever installed up to this point, having a blast in the process. Hell, I've poured money into DayZRP to support it and ensure that the good times would last as long as possible.

Take a break, maybe come back at a later time. Just my thoughts, not trying to argue.

Michio Kaku    0

I've met many people 'on the road' and had many realistic and great RP experiences. You obviously havnt met Vincent Lee, Mace, Tomeran, CLF, BHM , SDS (bandit RP), Volki or any CTC ?

There are many great roleplayers in this community I only have time to list a few and a few clans.

o7

I have added an example to my post, and I am sure there are many people looking for and creating the same experience that I want but it seems there are not enough. You're probably right, but I guess first impressions are everything. I played for easily 15 hours searching for that experience.

I am sorry about being dramatic, I didn't mean to be dramatic and say 'REVOKE MY WHITELIST' lol. I will take a break, I wasn't requesting just letting them know there'd be no complaints if they chose to.

Also I couldn't post in Intro/Farewell as I have already made a thread there recently so thanks for the move.

Hofer    20

You have been here 1 week, you're not giving it the time and chance it deserves.

Not our loss, but your own. Good luck elsewhere :)

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

o7

I have added an example to my post, and I am sure there are many people looking for and creating the same experience that I want but it seems there are not enough. You're probably right, but I guess first impressions are everything. I played for easily 15 hours searching for that experience.

I am sorry about being dramatic, I didn't mean to be dramatic and say 'REVOKE MY WHITELIST' lol. I will take a break, I wasn't requesting just letting them know there'd be no complaints if they chose to.

Also I couldn't post in Intro/Farewell as I have already made a thread there recently so thanks for the move.

Well 15 hours isn't enough to really have that much of an opinion in my book.

Your probably sitting in Tp too much. You'll find more realistic roleplay and lone survivors on the road if you venture outside of the 'bambi bubble' ;)

Pixel115    0

I agree with you, But the mod does have its ups, the most fun I've had in months was a couple weeks back when I walked into a hostile situation with Mexsion and some JBG members and they made a legitimately fun experience.

Have fun if you go elsewhere or if you decide to try again :D

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

As said, give it time!

Go around Chernarus, and focus on keeping your life more than your gear, find people, talk to them, and if you get robbed play along as most of the times it's fun.

My guess is that you went at TP. If that's so, it's a bad decision to hang around it for long, as my experience with TP so far has been 20% RP, 60% AFKers/safety-abusers and 20% trolls!

I agree with you in some stuff. DayZRP is not as good as it seems to be, sadly a big part of the community RPs just enough to not get banned. But it's still a better server than most of the others, as shooting noobs on normal servers is getting boring after the first 10 kills. And there are people that will RP with you so good that they make up for every non-enjoyable experience you had!

My suggestion is stick around. The new patch is comming soon (I hope) with many cool stuff, people should start spreading around the map again to explore! Not sure if we'll get more settlements, but if we do, I recommend visiting them more than TP, as RP-group-run camps are better than OOC-run camps(TP)

Also, reread the rules as the age limit is 16, not 18!

Have fun, either here, or elsewhere!

timy    0

Go Chernarus, around, and find people to talk to them than your life to keep the details, we will focus on if you want to get playing deprived as most of the time fun with your gear. My guess is, it you want to hang around and have been a 20% so far in my experience and that TP that I went to the TP., For a long time, if it's so bad decision, RP is, 60% AFKers / safety - vandalism and 20% abuser! I agree with you some things. Enough just to get the ban not as good seems to be that of DayZRP, as a large part of the community unfortunately RPs. Still, it seems to be boring after the first 10 kills beginners shooting with better server usually server than most of others. Because for all non-fun experience that is the RP with you there is a people, good!

Major Tom    88

I've probably played this mod for hundreds of hours. There will always be shit RP and trolls and they most likely take up a few hours out of those hundreds. All the other hours have been enjoyable RP and I've not regretted my stay here at all.

As others have said, just give it time. Persist and keep playing and you'll find what you're looking for eventually.

Clammy    0

Nobody is perfect, but with the "Silly Russian Accents" at least people are trying. There's no point having no accents within the community because then the RolePlay would be rubbish. Being in russia with no russians? :o Anyway, farewell.

Dowsey    0

It's very sad, it also seems that the over 18 rule is NON-EXISTANT.

Well, you'd be completely correct about that, as the rule is you have to be over 16. Whilst most 16 year olds have matured to some stage of adult maturity level, there's still a little child left in.

I'm also 20, and really it's just about finding the right group of people to roll with. Yes, there are some children acting people on the server, but there's also a lot of great RP'rs.

Murdercool    29

Yeah I guess goodbye man.. It just seems like you're unlucky I can count up more great role-players than the times that I have encountered bad ones and trolls. I love this community to bits and defiantly agree with you on looking for realistic and interesting role-play. Sometimes it can be a struggle but it's a big populated server you're bound to find role-players that are like that. You're example yes, his role-play was very poor to say the least. Well I do hope you come back you seem like a nice guy and a respectable one.

Fozzy    2

wow that guy that was 'contacting the aliens' should of been reported. I haven't seen anything like that in my time here, and I'm guessing you were just unlucky :/

Rifleman    14

A week? A single week is all you took to try and sum up DayZRP?

You've barely scratched the surface of the depth of the world, it's characters and the general feel of the game.

I've been here nearly a year now - and I've poured a good amount of money into this community to keep it going for as long as possible, savouring every second that DayZRP has offered me. Nothing's perfect - and yes, you joined at an awkward time so you haven't had the best experiences, but you really need to persist with DayZRP to see the beauty behind the game world - it's wonderful and generous staff that have poured countless hours into this game, all to make it more enjoyable, less buggy and make the game world as realistic in an apocalyptic scenario without sacrificing gameplay.

"Silly Russian Accents" is a little bit over the line - after all, Chernarus had borders with Russia - Who's to say that there can't be Russians in a post-soviet state? That and at least people try to add to the variety of the game world - it would be more odd if only Swedish, British, American and several other nationalities were in Chernarus - better to try and vary RP - and I prefer it that way.

The glitchy path findings with zekes is an issue - and with server desync it can cause issues for a zeke breaking your led while being 5 meters away or something - it's not perfect, but it is the best we can do for now.

Furthermore, there is no "Over 18" rule on DayZRP - the rule is 16 - which I am happily sitting at, being 17 myself. You'd be surprised by those younger than you, some are mature beyond their years - however, some give us young'uns bad press for trolling, abusing game mechanics, etc.

Honestly, just stick with it - it'll turn out better that way - but if you want to go, then leave, nobody's stopping you, your loss anyway.

Michio Kaku    0

I made a mistake on the 18 + rule, I thought it was 18 but it's 16 which is fine. I have taken a lot of what you guys have said on board and agree that I have probably been unlucky. In regards to the Russian Accents, I fully appreciate your point and you're right. However it seems like SOME people are over doing it, and parodying it.

The main reason for my choice to stay, if allowed of course is because of the amazing reaction you guys have all given me. I don't think anyone here has trolled me and in any other community, especially with me openly criticizing it I know that I'd be trolled and possibly even banned.

I never meant to insult anyone here, and apologize if I did. I will see you guys in Chernarus and will look to avoid the TP at all costs. I genuinely hope to find a group with the same interests and goals as I and maybe I will look back on this and think I was a fool for my impression of DZRP.

Might I also add that I was not really patient with the Mod and have had a 'short fuse' for things lately.

So, in summary, I'll see you in Chernarus and I am sorry if I offended. Mostly, thank you for your constructive comments and really honest and good points.

- Michio

Nihoolious    1248

People always say "One does not simply leave DayZRP, " prime example right here.

Enjoy your stay :)

Rifleman    14

"One does not simply leave DayZRP - It will slowly devour your soul, even if you leave now - No matter what happens, you will stay here, one of us."

Nice to see you've reconsidered, see you around Chernarus!

Rampage    0

I have been in this community for over a year, and yes I have ran into some bad role players however I have had way more positive role play experiences. The Good RP always outweighs the bad IMO. In DayZRP, the experiences you get will solely depend on the time and effort you are willing to invest. You just started playing here, I suggest give it more time to meet the rest of the community. You have only experienced a very small percentage of what we have to offer. Stick around for a bit and you will be hooked.

Sin    127

In my experience, if you lead with good RP, people will follow. Rampage is a fine example of that. Over time he's drawn to and surrounded himself with some of the very best of the server.

Glad that you've reconsidered and are giving us another chance. Sometimes the in game experience can be a bit uneven (but it's improving), but you can't beat this community for anything. GG guise!