Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TunnelSnakeIrish

The server shutdown

Question

Guest TunnelSnakeIrish   
Guest TunnelSnakeIrish

The word is that at the end of the month Gamespy is shutting down and all of the multiplayer servers for Arma 2 are all being shutdown will that effect dayzRP cause if so I am going to find a bridge to jump off of.

18 answers to this question

Slute    1

Well, it is a rumour, although very very unlikely. The majority of sales come from Arma 2, it would be stupid to stop servers. I am also not sure if DayZRP uses GameSpy, so we may be unaffected.

Not to worry! If there is problems, Rolle will for surely inform us.

Fozzy    2

Don't believe everything that its said on the internet.

Guest TunnelSnakeIrish   
Guest TunnelSnakeIrish

don't freak out kids....

logo_right.gif

[video=youtube]

ZoCr    0

ArmA 2: OA will still be fully supported...no need to panic

Scooter    51

The Dude why are you hopping channels in teamspeak getting people riled up telling them the server is being shut down? You are feeding mis-information to cause anarchy. Arma 2 and 3 are listed as games that will remain un-affected from the shutdown

ZoCr    0

The Dude why are you hopping channels in teamspeak getting people riled up telling them the server is being shut down? You are feeding mis-information to cause anarchy. Arma 2 and 3 are listed as games that will remain un-affected from the shutdown

This

Guest TunnelSnakeIrish   
Guest TunnelSnakeIrish

That is weird I have been in channel 2 and 4 and 20 in the past twenty minutes and the reasons are channel 2 to ask you guys if it was true channel 4 to talk to my friends and they crashed so I left to channel twenty to talk to my buddy Brandon I see no harm there but what ever ;)

Slute    1

Let's take it to the PM boys. Overall answer is that we aren't being shutdown anytime soon.

Has your question been answered?

Guest TunnelSnakeIrish   
Guest TunnelSnakeIrish

And I got this info from a lot more people than you think and the site I checked said it was effected so that is why I asked.

Yes you can solve this.

Cid    333

Arma 2 will be switching over to Steamworks, so there is no need to be worried. This question has already been asked on the forums before, though I'm not sure if there was a thread dedicated to it. Try to search function next time. ;) I understand why you would be worried but there is no need to freak out. Gaben has us covered. Thank you based Steamworks.

IAmJackBandit    77

I don't use Steam to launch Arma, will that make a difference?

MadeInsane    11

I don't use Steam to launch Arma, will that make a difference?

Won't make a difference. : P

KpopKilla    74

The word is that at the end of the month Gamespy is shutting down and all of the multiplayer servers for Arma 2 are all being shutdown will that effect dayzRP cause if so I am going to find a bridge to jump off of.

Bohemia announced they are planning a alternative solution with Steam for Arma OA servers. Source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175463-End-of-Gamespy

List of games that are being affected by the shutdown with sources: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/22fz75/list_of_games_affected_by_gamespy_shutdown

Mikachu    26

It will effect us only in that people will need to switch to steam.

Servers will still run and be awesome :)

Expect a post detailing how to upgrade and be ready for patch 1.4.0 sometime this week most likely