Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:34

Sign in to follow this  
Paderson

USMC Staff Sergeant Pyle's Journal [Feedback Encouraged]

Paderson    0

*A Journal sits near an old Military Green fold out bed, along with a rusted M16 and a war torn Colt .45 1911, upon the book of pages are some dog tags that read, "Staff Sergeant, Pyle, Joshua, Todd, 1st Marine Division, Fifth Platoon."

journal-cover.jpg

Day 1, The Embassy:

Prologue:

Guess I'm starting this journal off due to an incident we had at the Embassy in South Zagoria, Chernogorsk, some crazed man attacked a guard today, bite his arm as the guard tried to stop him, weirdest thing I saw, the guy continued to try and attack and we used brute force to restrain him, it was like he wasn't even Human, took four guys to get him down, had to put him in a holding room to see what we should do with him. It's only been about half a month since I arrived here, but it seems like something may be happening, there's a certain...stench odor ...just something bad seems to be in the air. I should probably keep my rifle and sidearm close when I sleep, y'know when you just feel like something bad is heading your way? Getting that feeling along with a chill down my spine.

Day 2:

It Started:

We had some Doctors come today to examine the guy we put in a cell, used extreme caution, didn't want him biting anyone. The guard from yesterday hasn't been feeling well either, seems he has even got more pale, hope the crazed man didn't have any sort of disease, that'll be something we don't need right now. But we've also been hearing things on the radio, some chatter about other people that are acting the same as this guy in the room. Wait a moment...there's a commotion in the room, going to check it out...

UPDATE:

The man in the room bit the doctor and made a huge gash in his neck, we're treating him now. The hell is going on? It's like something out of some horror comic, or a book, or even one of those Zombie movies...wait, i-is this what's happening? Is this the start of the Zombie Apocalypse? I need to go discuss this with the others, going to grab my rifle and Colt .45 along with some ammo.

*There's blood on this page, the edges slightly torn off, the handwriting is almost unreadable, likely due to the writer's nerves*

Day 3:

Beginning and the End:

They're dead, they're all dead...the Embassy was overrun by those things, those...Zombies, the dead getting back up and walking around, attacking the people that were fighting and helping them at their side...I can hardly write all this down right now, I'm shaking while I write...

I just knew something like this was going to happen, it had all the signs, and I couldn't help them out. After they started to build up at the gate and fences we called for an evacuation via Helicopters, I was loading them on, hoping to catch a ride, but the gate came down and they started to rush everyone, we didn't even check people for bites or scratches. One Helicopter took off but came crashing down not too long after, I'm thinking one of those infected turned and attacked the pilot. Not too long after the second Helicopter took off I was struck by one of the Zombies, charging me down, seems like it had super strength cause that hit made me black out instantly. Waking up hours later I found myself on the last military Helicopter out, I was dragged in when some soldiers saw me go down and took out the Zombie that was hovering over me. When I looked out the window we were flying over hills and forests of Chernogorsk, was told we were heading to an Airfield North West of Chernogorsk. That was so relieving to hear, somewhere away from that damn Hell hole of an Embassy.

*This next page seems to have a brown coffee stain ring around it and some blotches at the corner*

The Airfield:

We've arrived at the airfield, luckily the chopper didn't have anyone bitten, no scrapes, no signs of being infected, lucky me...couldn't sleep at all on the way back, my nerves were getting to me, my heart hasn't stopped racing yet, it's almost popping out of my chest. Took some coffee to stay awake, never know when those...well, lets just call them "Walkers", they seem to just walk around on their own, so lets just leave it at that. Not many other choppers seem to have come to the airfield either, things are not looking good. Still hearing the reports of these "Walkers" all over the country, and the reports just seem like it's spreading, and getting closer to the Airbase, I don't want another Embassy incident! It sounds like I won't be getting too much sleep at this rate, and if I do, I'll be sleeping with my side arm and rifle, not to mention my KA-Bar. Guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few hours when the sun sets and darkness falls.

*This next page has some scorch marks along the edges and blood splattered across it, signs of a battle likely*

UPDATE:

They're HERE! They're F***ing here! They're tearing down the gates, we can't hold them back for much longer, I can't write much more, we're getting ready to evacuate, I'll try to update this journal, if I survive... SH*T, they just came over the walls, the gate's down, going to the choppers.

*This page seems to have fingerprints from oil, black stains and the smell of fuel mixed with blood*

Evacuation and Crash:

I...just woke up, the evacuation helicopter crashed, infected co pilot, attacked the pilot, bodies are everywhere, sounds like one of them are still moving, but judging by the gurgling and growling, it's one of the Walkers. It's night and the temperature is dropping fast, I can hear thunder and see lightning, best to stay close to the fire, for now...

UPDATE:

Some lights just came on in the distance, look like Military grade Flood Lights, the fire from the crash died out, a few days back, been wandering around, guess I have no choice but to see if they're friendly, I'll update as time goes by.

//More to come later.

Jm Von Cat    153

Mate, thats a nice read ill just give you the same advice that was given to me.

One thing I would say though (not very important) maybe use a different font like I do for mine and like Amir did for his. You know, have a personal appearance to it instead of just plain white, default text.

Other than that, it's really good :) looking forward to more.

Paderson    0

Well lets see what I can do, maybe be using a different "Pen" for each or every other entry.

Jm Von Cat    153

Well lets see what I can do, maybe be using a different "Pen" for each or every other entry.

Like the recent experience is making your hands shake? or perhaps an injury is hindering your ability to write? either way i do like that idea...

may have to "borrow" it some time

Paderson    0

//First off, sorry if there's a no double post rule, but this just happened, need to put it down.

Aegis & Norsefire:

Early this morning we were sitting around the campfire at Trade Post, sharing some stories and such, some masked men in Red Barretts came along, they said they were from Norsefire, asking if anyone wanted to go with them on a supply run up to Stary Sober and the North West Airfield, at the time I had my M16A2 on me, only had two 20 round mags on me, needed more of course, so I wanted to go along,another guy at the campfire decided to join along, in a Wookie suit, guy that was in the Army Airborne, nice kid, young, well, was...

He was, meaning something happened to him along the way, but I'll explain that later, we followed into a red van, the two Red Barretts were already inside, but two others were inside as well, someone by the name of..."Frost" I believe, from Aegis and I believe it was another Aegis member, "Frost" walks around with a M24 scoped rifle, the other with some kind of Assault Rifle. We went up to Stary to the military tents, found a mag for my M16, some medical supplies and such, ran back inside the van after a little too many Walkers came along, but we didn't get far, the Red Barrett driving forgot to fuel up at the Trade Post, so we had to stop and kill some zombies while someone refueled, got that done and EVACed out, went to a gas station to refuel again, make sure we had gas to keep going, so everyone got out, we were defending for a few minutes before the fuel was full in the tank, got the order to get back in, me and the kid along with one of those Red Barretts got in, that's when shit went down...

As soon as us three got in "Frost" and the other Red Barrett said to freeze, put all our weapons inside the vehicle, and not to get out, of course the kid freaked out and tried to get out and run, the other unnamed Aegis member unloaded an entire clip into the kid, didn't even stand a chance...

*There's a drawing of what the kid looked like, along with the weapon he was carrying in the bottom right corner of the page*

Due to my years of service and training I stayed calm, and did what they said, they wanted some info out of me, but I only gave my name and acted like I knew nothing of the questions asked, was always told I'm good at acting dumb, and they seemed to buy it, so it must be true. We drove off from the station to a forest, we unloaded from the van and setup a campfire, that's when they asked more questions, some about the Expeditionary Force that was in the area, seems they were getting active, told them I wasn't in contact with them for awhile, said I had a "Short Range Radio", again they bought it, fucking idiots...then they took a blood sample from me while they chattered away, something about Aegis having worked with "The Council" a group name that always seems to come up, did some tests that were..."Unorthodox", but were looking for the cure still...still, I don't trust Aegis, the Norsefire, or the Council. After the drawing of blood they took a knife and cut the number 22 into the back of my neck, at least they bandaged it, my vest seems to cover more of it though.

After all this I was asked to become an "Agent" for them, I was thinking that over, if I refused I'd likely end up like the kid, dead in the forest, what other choice did I have? They had my 1911, my M16, the hatchet I carried around, even my damn KA-Bar, and I couldn't just attack them with my fists, so....I accepted, had to sign a document, pfft, like a fucking document means anything these days anyways right? I don't see any Lawyers that would be willing to go to Court if I broke that document, again, idiots, like I'm sticking to the words on that document. They wanted me to stick around the Trade Post, listen in for anything about certain groups. After this I was told to go to a bush and look away from the van, their "Leader" came back, told me about a weapon and one mag that was in some bushes, bid me farewell, then put a rag with something on it, made me pass out, when I woke up they were all gone and the fire was out. Found the weapon and mag and made my way back to the Trade Post. That's it for this Journal entry...

Jamma    4

Aegis & Norsefire:

I might just add that we had a lot of fun conducting this, thanks for the RP.

Paderson    0

Aegis & Norsefire:

I might just add that we had a lot of fun conducting this, thanks for the RP.

Sad to say later I found out the kid "Ejected" from the van on accident, he said he got nervous. But yes, was a good RP, and my first hold up, had my heart pounding out of my chest.

Paderson    0

*This page is coated with food stains, likely from a canned stew, or some other type of canned good*

S.K.S. & Aegis:

Today I ventured out to the town of Zelenagorsk in search of supplies, food, ammo, vehicle parts, etc., I found many things that I needed, mostly the food, not so much ammo, or the car parts, was hoping to replace the 1911, but only found a Makorov...stupid peashooter...sometimes it does the job of shooting a Walker once in the head, but other times it takes two, three tops, piece of shit. By the time I was satisfied that I had scavenged everything I could I decided to head back to the Trade Post, see if anyone I knew was there, so I started to hump it back to the camp, it was dark by then, the sky was filled with thunderous clouds, and lightning was striking everywhere, hopefully hitting those damn Walkers and killing them, would love to see one of them on the ground, sizzling and fried.

After sometime I made it to the Trade Post, settled down at the warm fire, at this time it was pouring and the thunder and lightning had picked up, it was quite a storm, almost as if it were a dream. My eyes were growing heavy, I had humped it for quite awhile, exhaustion was settling in, so I went and found somewhere dry, out of the raining and cold, and fell asleep. This is where things went strange, I awoke to be back at Zelenagorsk, back at the town's Firestation, apparently it was all a dream...I had fallen asleep on the stairs.

//In reality I went from Zelenagorsk to T.P., logged out before the server restarted, about 30 minutes or so, when I relogged it rolled me back.

Gathering myself and my items I took quick look around, the place seemed to be empty, maybe I had already looted everything, not sure, my head was fuzzy...

//More on this post later, tired of typing it.

Paderson    0

Sorry for not updating in awhile, so much has happened and I just haven't had the time to post here. Plus, I forgot many of the things that have happened, but I hope to add more when they arise.

Sign in to follow this