Server time: 2017-08-24, 04:41

Sign in to follow this  

Dont know if this was intentional, but thanks if it was.

So today S2 was down when i hopped on, don't know if it was intentional or not. I just have to say i have had an overwhelmingly different experience on S1 than on S2 where there is a large settlement that everyone pretty much migrates to. If this was intentional, then please do it more often to show the new members there is more places to wander other than Rogovo, Pogorevka, and Stary.

Thanks,

Frank

Yuval    2

You can always play S2 and not go to TP, i've seen staff mention many times that only a minority of the server's population is at TP, even if the server crash/maintenance was unintentional it's nice to force people out of their comfort zone and into other areas than the ones surrounding TP.

GingerHippo    4

To be honest, there aren't many people who go to TP anymore. Every time I've been lately there has been max of around 5 people which I like to see as then I travel around and find more people in different scenarios and this brings more RP for myself and them.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Where was the settlement?

Cid    333

My guess is that S2 is down thanks to the problems that it was having last night (major desync, kicking the server to the lobby, etc.). Either way, there really isn't as many people at the TP now. Even during peak times most of the time there is around 10 people there from what I have seen. It's nice to see people going around the map again.

Doc    3

Or maybe they are preparing for 1.4.0 release? ;)

Probably not....

Baron    2

People are beginning to find that the TP isn't the be all and end all of the RP experience, having to venture to new pastures every now and then is just healthy, with the TP being so OP in this current patch. [To be fixed soon I know.] It's a rather habit forming 'Safe Zone.' for some people, in a bad way that is.

Not to say that people in the TP are all hiding from the real game play, but there are people that solely stay there for that reason, we're just lucky to have awesome RP'ers in the community to change it up a bit occasionally, especially the staff.

Hex    31

Personally, I think that people are finally catching on that 'Oh, if everyone is at TP, then no one is at stary/NWA/NEA! Time for phat loot!' and are moving around.

I wouldn't mind seeing another TP-type area across the map from TP to encourage trade routes of sorts? There is a new Russian staff faction coming out soonish, why not have them be the main people there? they could make it either up north by where Haven used to be, or perhaps down near Kamenka ( because there isent shit there ).

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Personally, I think that people are finally catching on that 'Oh, if everyone is at TP, then no one is at stary/NWA/NEA! Time for phat loot!' and are moving around.

I wouldn't mind seeing another TP-type area across the map from TP to encourage trade routes of sorts? There is a new Russian staff faction coming out soonish, why not have them be the main people there? they could make it either up north by where Haven used to be, or perhaps down near Kamenka ( because there isent shit there ).

No, another TP type would be tragic.Imagine 2 TP's where you can be untouchable, and just showoff your gear.That would be a disaster.It has been suggested before and i agree to this : Make TP active during weekends.Other than that,keep it closed.

Hex    31

No, another TP type would be tragic.Imagine 2 TP's where you can be untouchable, and just showoff your gear.That would be a disaster.It has been suggested before and i agree to this : Make TP active during weekends.Other than that,keep it closed.

I'm not quite talking about a 'no kill zone' like TP, that in general is a terrible idea. I think a normal player camp type deal would suffice. Other then that, open up attacks on TP on the weekends or something and add more stuff to S1

It's been a long time since I did anything on forum, or DayZRP... but if it will be possible, perhaps will try to get on server, and see what is the deal with TP... Seems fun.

I poked Terra today about the desync and that the server would do with a server restart. So I think Dax restarted it but never came back. I believe.

Ancalagon    0

I poked Terra today about the desync and that the server would do with a server restart. So I think Dax restarted it but never came back. I believe.

Dis, it was restarted because of lag/desync but didn't wen't back up because well... something was fucked up ^^

No crash, manual shut down

Oh and its a fallacy that everyone is at TP. People come and got, i've barely seen more than 15 people there. And this was during peak times, often there are like 4 randoms when we arrive there ^^

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Thanks,

You're welcome.

Rolle    2473

No, we don't crash or break our servers on purpose to force you to play on a different one :D

Desync was temporarily fixed, more updates to come tomorrow.

No, we don't crash or break our servers on purpose to force you to play on a different one :D

Desync was temporarily fixed, more updates to come tomorrow.

Oh. Well i had lots of fun regardless! Thanks guys.