Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:23

Sign in to follow this  
Murdercool

Teamspeak Overlay Bug

Question

Murdercool    32

Question/Problem: Black box in game with the TS overlay.

Does this problem occur on other non-DayZRP or public DayZ/ArmA servers as well: N/A

How long have you had this problem: Today

What have you done to fix this already: I haven't touched any regional settings of the box at all. I play for a bit then the server restarts I log back in and this big black box appears. Where ever I look it's there.

IBWXvsI.jpg

10 answers to this question

Murdercool    32

How long does it stay there for and does it go away at all?

Nope seems like it's always there. I had this problem last year when I used an overlay. So it's defiantly the overlay.

MadeInsane    11

I'm not to sure about this since I don't use the overlay but I looked on the inter-webs for you and I couldn't find anything like it, is the overlay bound to a key?

If it is try pressing it a few times and if that doesn't work you might just have to restart TS quickly, hopefully someone will know how to properly fix it though.

Did you change any settings for it before it happened? It can be a bit temperamental at times when you change some settings.

Murdercool    32

I'm not to sure about this since I don't use the overlay but I looked on the inter-webs for you and I couldn't find anything like it, is the overlay bound to a key?

If it is try pressing it a few times and if that doesn't work you might just have to restart TS quickly, hopefully someone will know how to properly fix it though.

Yeah I've tried this just now and it still doesn't seem to work.

Did you change any settings for it before it happened? It can be a bit temperamental at times when you change some settings.

I did change the color scheme of the names and that's all. Last year when I did this I didn't change any settings what so ever.

From the look of it it may think that you have made the size of the overlay massive even though it isn't.

Go to your settings for it and go here:

acded1393a.png

Bind your activation key to something and when you have got arma open press it.

It should look like this:

50b973da14.png

You see how the overlay has the little outline around it? Does the massive black box have the outline around it? If so, mouse over one of the corners and drag it so it sizes with the overlay size you desire. That's the only other possible way to fix it I can think of. If that doesn't fix it then I don't know what else it could be.

Murdercool    32

No I've looked at this and as you can see you can see the black box in the background again. It's defiantly the overlay as I never had this before only last year when I had the overlay.

ZMnNwWP.png

-Pictures-

So yeah I don't know what's causing it..

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Just re install overlay? It will revert all your settings to default, hopefully fixing the problem.

Murdercool    32

Just re install overlay? It will revert all your settings to default, hopefully fixing the problem.

Thing is this is newly installed. I had one last year and it had the same problem so I uninstalled it. This is a new one which I installed today. I've been told it could be something to do with the Steam Overlay conflicting with the TS Overlay but I still don't know how to fix.

Voodoo    367

How are you doing with this?