Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:46
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Verse

Drinks.

Should the frequency of drinks in DayZRP be increased?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the frequency of drinks in DayZRP be increased?

• Yes.
    • No, the current frequency is adequate.
    • No, and the frequency should be lessened.

Verse    0

I have not yet seen a post on this, however if there is one please excuse me.

Through my short time playing DayZRP, I have discovered that it is quite hard to find anything to drink. So much so, that I have actually found more "good" weapons than I have items to drink. I haven't even found any empty water bottles! All I seem to find are empty cans. Is this intentional? If so, I think it is unfair. For instance, in the Cherno Hotel, there is a vending machine. Shouldn't there be drinks by it? Also, shouldn't we be able to drink water from small ponds and lakes?

It's hard to find things to drink mainly because we're about a year and a half in to the apocalypse, by then you probably won't be able to find much cans of soda or foodstuffs. If you're not finding any empty water bottles, that's just bad luck and looking in the wrong places.

Also, I'm not sure how you're not finding any sodas or water bottles, just today I went in to Stary Sobor and found like 8 sodas and waters.

Oh, and I believe in the next patch you'll be able to use tins cans to drink from small ponds and lakes. Bear in mind I only looked at the notes for a minute, and there were possibly 30+ new features, and that is just the regular DayZ mod patch.

Toorrik    4

Honestly, No from me. Once you have a water bottle or two, you are set for life. I would personally love it if this game was even harder to make hero gameplay more rewarding.

Also next patch I believe you can drink straight from lakes and wells therefore it wont be much of a problem. (Not 100% on this, I've been out of the loop recently with Internet issues)

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Strong no from me.

As stated before, we are around two years into this terrible mess and of course there wouldn't be drinks placed -everywhere- that 'makes sense'.

I feel from an out of character view, that it's a great addition that they're rare. With food and water being in a much shorter supply, it forces yourself to actually look for these items and think about the realisation that you might actually die by dehydration and hunger.

In the whole scheme of things, it is a survival based game. One of the week points in relation to vanilla DayZ, is that it much too easy to find some food and drinks where ever you look, cancelling out the whole.. aspect of the struggle to survive.

To sum it up, try harder. There are drinks out there and the spawn rates of them at this very moment are completely find in my view, I'd even make them more rare if I could.

I have at least 4-5 water bottles on me at all times. I regeared today after dying and had 3 water bottles in a matter of not even 30 mins, you must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong places.

Jm Von Cat    154

From what you have stated about good weapons it definitely sounds like a case of not looking in the right places, a Military base is not the best place to find Soda (but it does happen)

SatansNightOut    105

Once you have a water bottle or two, you are set for life. I would personally love it if this game was even harder to make hero gameplay more rewarding.

I was literally just thinking about this last night. I wish that you could go longer without food, but with a lot less food to find in the world.

Can you imagine the value of food if it's harder to get? It'd go up exponentially and make things so much more realistic.

But of course, there's still fish and wildlife, which aren't so rare... but playing as a vegetarian character (sort of), it makes it a lot more fun to avoid eating beef/pork/lamb/goat (she still eats fish because they're practically brainless). It gives me a little bit of an extra challenge. :)

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

Its just bad luck, sometimes I have a hard time to find drinks but sometimes I find a ton and Im set for life. :P

KpopKilla    74

I have at least 4-5 water bottles on me at all times. I regeared today after dying and had 3 water bottles in a matter of not even 30 mins, you must be doing something wrong or looking in the wrong places.

I carry 2 water bottles and a tin can to boil my water. The bottles are easy to find and once you have them you are set for that life.

Mikachu    26

In the upcoming patch it will all be different anyone :) canned drinks will be slightly more common but not as useful, water bottles are rare. And you can drink straight from water fountains along with drinking with a can at ponds and lakes

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I've got loads of drinks.

I've even got a mZLY yZLY - I think that's what it's called.

But I never get a Mountain Dew :(

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

I only find those cheap copy Green Mountain along side with Cream Cakes...

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I only find those cheap copy Green Mountain along side with Cream Cakes...

Accept no imitations

If it ain't Mountain Dew or mZLY yZLY it ain't a drink

Burgz    6

Nope from me. You must just bw getting really unlucky, like the others said empty water bottle is literally all you need and then you're fine. Try searching grocery stores, pubs and just normal residential buildings.

If you still cant find one, then you could always trade for an empty water bottle at TP.

Baron    2

Nope from me. You must just bw getting really unlucky, like the others said empty water bottle is literally all you need and then you're fine. Try searching grocery stores, pubs and just normal residential buildings.

If you still cant find one, then you could always trade for an empty water bottle at TP.

^This

Extensive searching of not so popular buildings is also another possibility, looking in Supermarkets isn't always the be all and end all of beverage loot, despite that, try searching in more unusual locations, you'll find that cans of drink are quite common and water bottles are a little less common, but not impossible to find.

Try the orange brick buildings, they happen to be quite lucky for me personally, I hope this helps in conjunction with the other posts. :D

Guest Kevurmo   
Guest Kevurmo

I would personally say stary tents. I always find at least 3 soda cans at the tents but it can be a dangerous place!

Sly    1

I think the system is balanced in a good way, the next patch will improve it overall but it is great the way it currently is. Sodas should be hard to find one year and a half since the start of the infection.