Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:30
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Recruiting Developers!

Chris    63

Recruiting!

The DayZRP Staff and Dev team are currently looking for another member to help build and enhance the mod. After 1.4.0 is released we will be focusing a lot on bugfixes and getting things ready for the next DayZ mod update (top secret) and also enhancing S3 with features such as ACRE and other additions/changes. As part of this we have decided it would be in our best interests to have a member of the dev team who is capable of doing some modelling & texture work for the mod as well as helping a little with either the coding side or the map development side.

Requirements

To be considered for this role you have to fulfil a few requirements;

- The standard staff requirements (http://www.dayzrp.com/t-recruiting-server-staff-open)

- Be knowledgeable and able to create models and textures for ARMA 2 including use of Oxygen and similar programs

- Either be able to help with map additions and changes OR scripting and coding for the mod itself

How to apply

To apply please complete the challenges posted after this section and PM the end product along with a short explanation of why you wish to be part of the dev team to Tamaster.

As part of the application process you are required to complete two of the following three challenges, you MUST complete the modelling challenge and then may chose which of the other two you wish to complete.

Modelling/Texturing challenge

Please provide a functioning ingame model (as in to replace the little bag they currently appear as when on the ground) for one of the following:

CCO sight attachment

PSO scope attachment

1P78 scope attachment

GP-25 launcher attachment

M203 launcher attachment

This is must a model which is fully textured and usable ingame, you do not have to configure it for ingame use but the texture and model must be tied together correctly so we would simply have to make a config for it.

Scripting/Coding challenge

Use your skills and imagination to create a script we could possibly add to the RP mod which would provide us with something cool and useful. It can be anything you like as long as it works and fits RP (no spawn 100 AS50 thermals thanks).

Map development challenge

Use your skills and imagination to create a small survivor camp we could possibly add to RP. This can be done in either the 2D OR 3D editor and must be quite small. Think of it as a little camp in the woods type deal, not a large walled settlement.

As always good luck to all who apply and we look forward to seeing some great work and fresh blood to help drive the mod to amazing new heights. If you have any questions regarding the application process or anything else do not hesitate to post here or PM Tamaster for help and/or advice.

Mikachu    26

As said in the post - good luck! :D

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Interesting.

168034.gif

Dave    1

Interesting, not old enough but should be good to see who gets it

Hex    31

I'll certainly have to get to work! I've been wanting to do this kinda stuff anyways!

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

#Cut4Certamine.

Lol jokes he sucks ;)

Good luck to all the guys going for Dev

Ghost    8

Good luck everyone!!

Monty    0

Is there a deadline? Currently no able to get to a computer for at least a week! :P

I could build a camp and shit but nothing else really. :/

Mathematics    0

I'm only good at creating atmospheric, decrepit ruins.... And giant fortified bases that got roflpwnt.

Annnnnnd maybe minor scripting that involves lots of dying... lots... of... dying.

Good luck to those who apply, though!

Husky    0

#Pray4Certamine

But for real, I would love to see Certamine in the dev team, he's already done a lot of work such as re-modelling some of the old "bad" textures and even added some new ones in, and in general just have a lot of good suggestions. 1+

Mental    0

For the map design challenge, does it matter what editor we use? (Default ArmA/DayZRP)

Mush    2

For the map design challenge, does it matter what editor we use? (Default ArmA/DayZRP)

I'd use the DayZRP editor so you have all the DayZRP assets as well as the 3D editor.

Mental    0

I'd use the DayZRP editor so you have all the DayZRP assets as well as the 3D editor.

Im not sure the 3D editor works with DayZRP (correct me if im wrong)

Mush    2

Pretty sure it does. Ctrl + E on the main menu, open something in DayZ map. Click on 3D editor and yeah. Unless, you're meant to do it on something else.

Either way, use the DayZRP editor for the assets.

Mental    0

Pretty sure it does. Ctrl + E on the main menu, open something in DayZ map. Click on 3D editor and yeah. Unless, you're meant to do it on something else.

Either way, use the DayZRP editor for the assets.

Alright, ill try that. Thanks Mush

Mikachu    26

Is there a deadline? Currently no able to get to a computer for at least a week! :P

No deadline for now no, I'd expect you have a couple of weeks maybe though

Rifleman    14

Might try and make something on 2D editor on OA - you guys need another map dev?

Monty    0

Okay looks like it will be a made dash for me when I get home. ;)

Valkerion    0

Okay looks like it will be a made dash for me when I get home. ;)

He said you got a few weeks besides we'v already seen one thing you can do :P im sure the new one will be even better