Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:32

Sign in to follow this  
Guest NordicChicken

Advice for a new guy?

Guest NordicChicken   
Guest NordicChicken

Hello, fellow dayz enthusiasts, I am new to dayzrp and I am looking forward to my play through, while I wait for my white list, I was told to post at least one thing into the forums, so here it is! Do you guys happen to have any tips for a beginner? Anything would be much appreciated!

Mush    2

Moving to Introductions and Farewells. Thanks, Burgz.

Sin    114

We have custom loot tables and custom spawns. You'll initially spawn in to a random location, might not be on the coast. Hope you know the map well ;)

Learn the rules and stay within them. At least for starters. It takes a good deal of skill and a bit of experience here to be a 'good' bandit. Playing close to the limitations of the rules is for people who know the ropes - and honestly, most of the rules are in place to prevent abuse and are written in response to people playing too close to the fringes.

Keep in mind that DayZRP is a platform for cooperative and interactive storytelling and you'll do fine. It's not about winning. It's about having great experiences. Some of them bad. Some of them very bad. Don't get attached to your gear, and don't get attached to your character. Sometimes you slay the dragon, sometimes the dragon slays you.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

Post outside of here, general discussion etc.

Remember that the most successful community members are they ones who browse the forums for 5 hours straight every day.

Sin    114

Oh, and welcome to the server.

Since your post has been moved to introductions and farewells, you'll have to make another post somewhere - might be best to reply to an existing thread, just don't post in Reports or Appeals if you're not involved. Post! It's fun! The forums are one of the best things about this community and really help you to understand how things work around here and who everyone is. I'd spend some time in the Groups and Organizations section to learn about the various clans and their character / goals, and then spend some time reading reports and appeals so you can get a better idea of how the rules are actually applied.

Samaritan    255

Sin have pretty much told you good advice...Hello and welcome to the community. The Gray Fangs welcome you. Make sure you read the rules, re-read them and when you think you know them read them again.

Your roleplaying will improve as you get more experience on DayZRP, I also suggest you get involved on the forums. Lots to see for your viewing pleasure.

Good Luck...

(Oh and stay away from the 'fishermen'...)

Kanen    108

Some great advice is make sure you don't break the rules.

Memorize the rules and stick to them, also, never be nervous when you roleplay, make a relateable character to you and it's easier to play them, don't ever FORCE yourself into a role because you're trying to be fancy.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

pay tribute to the warlord, the true ruler of chernarus

CLF is very very dangerous

if you run into volki, use the magic spell 'drop wep, 10 sec' and supernatural forces make them drop a lot of items for you.

also, dont be like me, dont break the rules

Sin    114

While this is being very much true, is also true that brave soldiers of glorious Front are making especially good friend. Please to ignore talk of warlord. True rulers of Chernarus is being The People. But it is we who are their Fist.

A wise man is obeying laws of Chernarus and not for making trouble of the citizens. If you are showing due respect to mighty soldiers of Front and not involving with filthy ChDKZ or damn fool Russians, am sure you will not be having problems. Also zombies. Is problem. We are working on.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

While this is being very much true, is also true that brave soldiers of glorious Front are making especially good friend. Please to ignore talk of warlord. True rulers of Chernarus is being The People. But it is we who are their Fist.

A wise man is obeying laws of Chernarus and not for making trouble of the citizens. If you are showing due respect to mighty soldiers of Front and not involving with filthy ChDKZ or damn fool Russians, am sure you will not be having problems. Also zombies. Is problem. We are working on.

nonononno, dont listen to Sin, he is a very bad person

what actually is happening is that this CLF, or 'Crazy Lying Fools' as I refer to them, are trying to take over an independent state of New Somalia II.

They are invading a free country and are trying to opress the proud and free New Somalia II's people

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Always drop your weps... always

Never comply to SDS. They make you a slave and you do not want that.

Guest Nykke   
Guest Nykke

Never comply to SDS. They make you a slave and you do not want that.

But we are just friendly fisherman :(