Server time: 2017-08-18, 03:12

Sign in to follow this  
Verse

Zombies Can Break Legs?!

Question

Verse    0

I was just attempting to loot a military camp. I saw hordes of weapons... and zombies. After killing two zombies, I ran into the forest while being pursued by easily seven or more of them. Also, in the general vicinity, (probably within 200 meters) I heard another player's gunshots. It sounded as if he was shooting in the direction of either me or the camp. In the confusion, I was hit by a zombie while hearing gunshots from the other player. Then my legs broke and I was destroyed by zombies! Was this the doing of a zombie, or was I shot? Thanks!

22 answers to this question

Rick    19

zombies have a chance to break your legs on each hit, it is just really low. Sounds like it was a zombie that broke them, and not the player.

Verse    0

Alright. Thanks. Is it a glitch or is that intended to happen? I don't think it's very fair or realistic.

Rick    19

it is intended to happen. Not really that unrealistic. If a zombie took a swipe or bit your leg, I don't see it to be that unreasonable that it would damage it enough to where you couldn't walk on it.

Verse    0

Then shouldn't it be limited to crawlers? I don't see a zombie running after me standing up and lunging at my legs

Mush    2

Do you want me to mark this as solved?

The points StarWars have raised are true. We made the zombies more difficult to handle. Unfortunately, you got unlucky and one broke your legs.

Mush    2

Answer: Zombies breaking your legs is intended.

/solved

Tamaster92    14

I love detail :D

So here goes;

each hitpoint on the player has its own health which also contributes to total player health. Your legs, arms, head, torso and some other places have separate health amounts and damage modifiers.

In this case a zombie breaks your legs because the total health of JUST your legs has gone below a certain threshold :) No randomness to it at all, in fact if you keep morphining yourself at regular intervals then your legs will never be broken by a zombie

Burgz    6

In regards to what Tam said, I'm pretty sure that if somebody has the option to give you morphine and you don't have broken legs, it means the next time you get hit by zombies your legs will be broken.

Hopefully Tamaster can confirm :P

Tamaster92    14

In regards to what Tam said, I'm pretty sure that if somebody has the option to give you morphine and you don't have broken legs, it means the next time you get hit by zombies your legs will be broken.

Hopefully Tamaster can confirm :P

Correct! It means their health has dropped below the correct amount but it has failed to break your legs so the next time they take damage they will break :)

in fact if you keep morphining yourself at regular intervals then your legs will never be broken by a zombie

So...morphine is like a bloodbag...but for the legs.

tumblr_muqs58ZQlY1sib2dzo1_250.gif

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Just use morphine eery now and again and you can be sure your legs are 100% health

Burgz    6

Just use morphine eery now and again and you can be sure your legs are 100% health

OMG?!?! How did you know that? You haven't been, like, you know...actually reading the other replies have you?!?!? :o

:troll:

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

OMG?!?! How did you know that? You haven't been, like, you know...actually reading the other replies have you?!?!? :o

:troll:

Just adding to the discussion Burgz.

Also nope I learn it a while back :D

BeastMade    0

Then shouldn't it be limited to crawlers? I don't see a zombie running after me standing up and lunging at my legs

No. the game is easy enough already. i think they should make it even more possible that zombies can broke your legs

Sin    113

One filthy zombie break legs of mine last night. Luckily, a soldier of The Front is always prepared and has supplies in good order. Was simple matter eliminate of threat and quick injection later I am on my way.

Is problem with you civilians, this lack of discipline and order. Also in your case apparently lack of stealth. Can recommend you conscript with soldiers of Liberation Front for much needed training in survival skill. Am not sure you will be making of cut, but maybe you pick up some pointers from excellent and experienced rotmistr of People's Fist.

MadeInsane    11

One filthy zombie break legs of mine last night. Luckily, a soldier of The Front is always prepared and has supplies in good order. Was simple matter eliminate of threat and quick injection later I am on my way.

Is problem with you civilians, this lack of discipline and order. Also in your case apparently lack of stealth. Can recommend you conscript with soldiers of Liberation Front for much needed training in survival skill. Am not sure you will be making of cut, but maybe you pick up some pointers from excellent and experienced rotmistr of People's Fist.

Propaganda 101

DarkStyle    26

Propaganda 101

Dat propaganda indeed.And this is not the only place where the propaganda happens :D.

MadeInsane    11

Dat propaganda indeed.And this is not the only place where the propaganda happens :D.

I've heard a lot of the rather proud CLF members sing their song inside the TP and talk about how utterly fantastic they are at everything they do and how they have never failed in any endeavor,

this of course was all backed up by completely non threatened, non bribed and non CLF scientists.

Sin    113

Ah, yes, CLF scientists! Best in what is remaining of world. Surely you have heard of amazing CLF space program? If not, please be doing self of favor and enroll in very prestigious CLF Cosmonaut program!

McDugals    37

Ah, yes, CLF scientists! Best in what is remaining of world. Surely you have heard of amazing CLF space program? If not, please be doing self of favor and enroll in very prestigious CLF Cosmonaut program!

Space...iwannagoto space......space space space

Glenn    10

BHM Hero clan!

Well zombies can be a pain in the .... legs :troll: