Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:26
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  

Dead people showing what clan they're part of.

Is there any chance there could be something added like when you study a body it shows what clan he is part of so you know if you killed the right person?

Because right now the only way you can find out is by looking on the player list but some people just log off straight away when they die and you cannot see what clan they're part of.

Mikachu    26

We actually looked into this as if we could we were going to remove the player list.

Sadly as far as we can tell it isn't possible :(

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Study the body. Google 'DayZRP' followed by the name. e.g. "DayZRP Grumbi Zherdev". Then click on their profile link and go from there.

We actually looked into this as if we could we were going to remove the player list.

Sadly as far as we can tell it isn't possible :(

I mean you could use something in your name which states what clan you're part of but I don't know if its a good idea. For example: John 'SVR' Fred.

Study the body. Google 'DayZRP' followed by the name. e.g. "DayZRP Grumbi Zherdev". Then click on their profile link and go from there.

Do you think people have enough time to alt tab and do that?:D

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Well, how instantly do you need to know? The body's dead. Anyway, this method takes around 30 seconds.

Well, how instantly do you need to know? The body's dead. Anyway, this method takes around 30 seconds.

Well it's usually a clan so you will be fighting more than one guy.

Samdo123    0

I think I have an idea that could work. If they set up a "timeout" for people to respawn after they die. The identity they have could remain in the dead corpse so the .xml on the uniform would remain. This would make for both better RP and would allow Tamaster to remove the player list. Although im sure there's some major flaw in my plan and ill just go cry now.

Phatal    50

Im all for it still showing the patch, but saying the name of the clan in game could lead to bad things because some clans wish to stay anonymous and if you were to use which clan they were in game, all you would have to do is kill a Fallen member and find out "oh their clan name is the Fallen" So it would take the goal of anonymity out of DayZRP, unless you make a rule that says they cant use the name as in character knowledge only the patch. In which case Im all for it.

Yuval    2

Doesn't ace have a dogtag system? *cough cough*

Owen    14

Doesn't ace have a dogtag system? *cough cough*

But you need the full ACE mod for that. Probably never going to happen.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

For the purpose of knowing what clans have KoS on you and avoiding unnecessary reports it should be perfectly acceptable.

KoNos    1

I actually like this idea, it will help a lot in firefights :P

Oldman    22

Press 'P' when you kill them. If that is not giving you a 100% result then RP it out that you don't recognize the documents on his corpse.