Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:15

Sign in to follow this  
Jm Von Cat

Expanded Journal Idea (Enhanced RP)

Jm Von Cat    153

So, I was thinking if you could perhaps find notes, pages of diaries, etc. lying around the map, and then these would go into a player’s journal.

But wait there is more!

If when a player dies another can come along and read his journal, removing or copying the notes, diary pages, etc. and adding them to his own journal. Could well add to the rp in the sense of, well something to talk about or have a breakdown over (perhaps you knew who wrote the note or a young child wrote it and you finally snap after reading it)

Thirdly perhaps players could be able to write a small IC note in their own journal, could be just a small thing about their day or what not, or their last will. Again if these could be gathered by other players, perhaps a huge RP opportunity.

All of the above along with the option to show other people your journal, i think this could very well be a great addition to the server and help enhance Role Play.

Any other thoughts and ideas are welcomed... no wait, they are Encouraged!

I hope i was able to sell my idea to you!

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

That actually sounds really interesting, I know there is suppose to be a system in SA that allows notes to be written. Perhaps we could develop a similar system for the journals in the mod? I think it should be possible but I am not one of the magical devs :P It would be great if we could implement this.

Maybe a dev could post their opinion on this??

Couldn't this be done on the forums? As far as I am aware this was discussed a few times in the past and was the general consensus that it was not possible in the DayZRP Mod at that time.

Jm Von Cat    153

Couldn't this be done on the forums? As far as I am aware this was discussed a few times in the past and was the general consensus that it was not possible in the DayZRP Mod at that time.

I did take a look round the Forums but did not find this kind of topic/Idea. If it is a repost i am sorry.

I did take a look round the Forums but did not find this kind of topic/Idea. If it is a repost i am sorry.

Not to worry, I have a far reaching memory! It was probably quite a while ago. Tam might as well comment as I don't know if anything has changed since the last time it was suggested.

Jm Von Cat    153

Not to worry, I have a far reaching memory! It was probably quite a while ago. Tam might as well comment as I don't know if anything has changed since the last time it was suggested.

Thank you.

I posted this because i for some mad reason thought of it as possible.

i think i saw it in a mod or somesuch but for the life of me cannot remember.

SatansNightOut    105

There's this new thing: It's called IMAGINATION.

I don't mean to flame, but roleplaying is a form of storytelling. Any good storyteller will find a way to portray his/her information in a way that fits into roleplay.

When it comes to journals: Do you want it to be found? Or is it truly something your character keeps to themselves, and (perhaps) hides somewhere that no one can find it?

If you---IRL---write a journal, what do you truly expect from it? Is it your personal ideals and thoughts recorded into a book of pages that's merely an "outlet"?

Or is it a record meant for others to see?

Jm Von Cat    153

There's this new thing: It's called IMAGINATION.

I don't mean to flame, but roleplaying is a form of storytelling. Any good storyteller will find a way to portray his/her information in a way that fits into roleplay.

When it comes to journals: Do you want it to be found? Or is it truly something your character keeps to themselves, and (perhaps) hides somewhere that no one can find it?

If you---IRL---write a journal, what do you truly expect from it? Is it your personal ideals and thoughts recorded into a book of pages that's merely an "outlet"?

Or is it a record meant for others to see?

My idea on the Journal was perhaps something your character keeps on them, A way to put thoughts and such down on paper. Then if you are captured for example, your Capture may well read your journal, understand more about said character, perhaps even find a weakness or fear to provoke you with.