Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:22
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Hex

Wireframe and model questions

Hex    31

Hey guys, recently I've been wanting to see alot of new and interesting skins put into Arma, things like certain Call of duty skins, or other things like that would seem pretty cool right? ( Also its kinda the stuff I wanna do as a job )

Anyways, I was curious if anyone had any sort of experience with using things like Oxygen 2 and stuff? Is it possible to say import Call of Duty .obj files ( pretty much the player models ) and put them into Oxygen and wireframe them around a pre-exsisting Arma model? Ive seen a few guides online, but nothing for the stuff I'm doing.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

No Oxygen 2 uses its own type of code and is only for ArmA. Also I'm pretty sure that would be copyright. It would be easier to make the model from scratch or use a ArmA 2 base model and add to it.

-Edit-

For example Call of duty models may be saved in a file that Oxyegen 2 isn't compatible. The only formats Oxyegen 2 can use are P3D, 3DS, ASC and SDA for imputing. Hope this helped, I would love to see someobody else try to model but all I can say its is extremely hard and trying to import things over will not work.

Onionjack    0

Oxygen2 interface is horrible, if you know 3DSMax there's plugin for it too which can atleast create vehicles for Arma2. Skins might not be possible but I'm not sure, haven't studied the plugin that far.

Anyways, Oxygen2 can import .obj files too. Atleast I got the option to do so. It's good practise to try with Call of Duty models before you start doing your own models. There should be tutorials in youtube how you rig the character in Oxygen2. Give it time if you want to try it.

Hex    31

Well, using oxygen, as you can render the model, delete and move/stretch parts, is it possible to take parts from one model and put them on another.

Say removing a vest our pouches from one skin and adding them to another?

Onionjack    0

Should be possible, just don't ask how it happens in Oxygen... I assume it does have merge option which you could use for that.

Hex    31

Yeah, I just wanted to try my hand at creating a few new interesting skins, adding parts from skins and putting them on each other, trying to get a more casual group of skins, things an actual civilian would wear ya know? simple things and maybe a vest over them like the merc skins or the hero skin.

Onionjack    0

Sure give it a try so you'll get to know Oxygen and finally can move to create new skins from scratch. Good way to learn to read the models too, how the models should be made etc etc.

Hex    31

The only problem I dont understand is the skinning of models and all that jazz, I doubt I could ever do that. I can rig and stuff, but the textures and where to find the models to put into Oxygen I cantseem to find them