Server time: 2018-02-19, 05:42

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 18 hours, 17 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TehGreekGamer

Decrease the distance of the anti-dupe

Should it be decreased?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be decreased?

• Yes
    • No

Guest TehGreekGamer

This needs to happen and I'm going to tell you why. This has happened to me twice at the trading post, I'm trading and I leave my backpack on the car and a guy askes me to see what I have inside my car. He accidentally takes my backpack and I ask him to give back to me. He then drops it on the floor so I can pick it up, this of course doesn't happens because there are 10 people in a 5 meter radius. The other annoying about it that really ruins RP in some situations is that because of it people have to back off so that you can take a backpack. I'm not asking to get removed I'm just asking to get decreased to 3 meters.

No. 3 meters is nowhere close enough. It may be annoying, but it's nothing game breaking.

Guest TehGreekGamer

No. 3 meters is nowhere close enough. It may be annoying, but it's nothing game breaking.

Can you explain to me why 3 meters are bad? The thing goes like this:

You have lets just a coyote backpack with valuable loot inside and it gets dropped on the TP area. You can't just pick it up. That leads to:

a) your loot being given away

b)if you spam the pickup button it gets deleted with your loot

Because with 3 meters the script can be circumvented, for example when the server lags. The script needs a large buffer zone to work properly, otherwise there's no point in having it.

Guest TehGreekGamer

Because with 3 meters the script can be circumvented, for example when the server lags. The script needs a large buffer zone to work properly, otherwise there's no point in having it.

3 meters are 2 prone men in a row. It's a good distance. Sometimes it gets really frustrating. I get that you need to have an anti dupe script let's replace it with a timer script.