Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:45
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Reverend

Helicopters

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I think that adding a couple of helicopters without guns would add a few more RP opportunities. (to S1 and S2)

Thank you

Please support

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

But what is the roleplay behind this. In roleplay perspective arnt they exclusively used by the council as scouting drones ?

simiskovich    0

I remember that this was a 2-seater, last time I used it on armory. 1 Pilot and 1 gunner

GingerHippo    4

No thanks. Looks pointless to me as I don't really see a massive purpose to them except for the fact that whoever finds one will just use it to find helicopter crashes like they did when helicopters were in the game.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I remember that this was a 2-seater, last time I used it on armory. 1 Pilot and 1 gunner

I cant seem to find the gun

You have two versions ; 1 without a gunner and 1 with a gunner

Jamma    4

No.

Also, in real life I am pretty sure that the KA137 is actually a drone rather than an actual manned aircraft. The fact that you can fly it in arma makes no sense.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

No.

Also, in real life I am pretty sure that the KA137 is actually a drone rather than an actual manned aircraft. The fact that you can fly it in arma makes no sense.

I am flying one right now, inside it. But I am not trying to argue here.

You have two versions ; 1 without a gunner and 1 with a gunner

I am suggesting the no gunner one

Mush    2

Big no from me, they look silly and there is no real roleplay reason for them... Not to mention it doesn't make sense how the man can fit into the actual cockpit. -1.

No.

You are correct

Also, the fact that its designed to be launched from a different, larger helicopter entertains me for some reason. :P

No.

I am flying one right now, inside it.

Isn't it hard to type in such a cramped space? The fact that you have internet access from inside a drone is amazing, however.

Also the GRU called, they want their toy back. :P

Jamma    4

No.

The words in real life were key to my post.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Fine, fine. Its a bad idea. I would just like to see some helicopters in S1 and S2.

No.

I guess...

It's a drone, not a helicopter so how exactly is someone going to stuff themselves inside and casually fly off?

Jamma    4

I guess...

What don't you get, the fact you can fly it in arma makes no sense. It is a drone in real life, not a manable aircraft

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

So now it's be changed to helicopters. Again a NO from me. Much more fun having roadblocks and robbing cars rather than people flying around the whole map and just looting. Helicopters will be on S3 anyway won't they ?

Mikachu    26

So now it's be changed to helicopters. Again a NO from me. Much more fun having roadblocks and robbing cars rather than people flying around the whole map and just looting. Helicopters will be on S3 anyway won't they ?

Correct. Helicopters are being added to S3 in this patch.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Oh, if they are on S3, then I guess I will shut my mouth.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

What i suggest is mi17 civils and little birds or huey with disabled guns.Pls no more mi fortress :P

Guest TehGreekGamer   
Guest TehGreekGamer

In a meta apocalyptic world it's really hard to fix a helicopter with the lack of fuel and parts. It's complicated machine to fix and use. Having a helicopter is only helpful as a tactical advantage and scavenging. The RP happens at the ground not up in the air.

Ancalagon    0

Were not talking about 5 chinooks here, it's more about littlebirds (2 and 6 seater), maybe Hueys, unarmed Hueys or a civilian helicopter. In a small amount, 1/2.

I'm not sure if you can change respawn times, so f.e. on a random day, random restart, once a week. With different, more random spawns, so people don't just crash their littlebird and need to visit 3 respawn-points to find the new one.

Or the Admins just throw one or two in from time to time ^^

You can still have roadblocks and rob cars, it worked over 10 months, it would work now. 90% of all traffic would be on the ground, not in the air.

In a meta apocalyptic world it's really hard to fix a helicopter with the lack of fuel and parts. It's complicated machine to fix and use. Having a helicopter is only helpful as a tactical advantage and scavenging. The RP happens at the ground not up in the air.

Yeah, the problem is that there is currently no lack of cars. Because otherwise, you can say the same about cars, they need both of it as well.

Basicly, we would have no Food, Drink, Ammo, Guns and medical supplies anymore. It would lack of everything, even now, 2 years after the apocalypse, you go into a barracks and find a PKM in there...

I would even say that parts and fuel are things we would still have more than enough of. 99% of the population is dead, over the 2 years, the major part of the random survivors form the start would be dead as well. Who should use all the fuel? There would be highways with tenthousands of cars, all contain parts and fuel. And if you have the neccesary skills to scvange cars and fix them, you would also be able to get the ones on the streets working. And the thing is, apparently every survivor is a mechanic who studied medicine knows how to use, dismantle and clean all different kinds of weapons...

Also, what RP happens depends on the helicopters owner. Trust me, add a lot of immersion when "mighty" clans/organizations set up a meeting and they arrive with a Mi, dropping of their troops.

IG/IC, Helicopters are a scary and impressive thing, exactly because they are rare, because they can fly.

There were a few pilots who gave random people rides to popular locations, others picked me up and questioned me. You know what a relief it is when you are a loner, you're hurt, nearly dead and a called in friend arrives with his littlebird? Also remeber when FM flew around with littlebirds. Or Morgan Riggs told me he needs to go to a important meeting and a littlebird landed in the middle of the Ravensnest to pick him up ^^

Trust me, it can add RP, but as always, the players need to RP. The Helicopter wont.