Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:29
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Anubian

Extreme Connection Lag

Question

Anubian    1

Question/Problem: Since 13/6/2014 - I have had extreme connection issues trying to login to server 2. It can take me like 5 minutes to get past wait for host, then another 5 minutes trying to get past receiving data to the load screen and even then sometimes I get permanently stuck on the load screen with the timer ticking but no text like character retrieved etc... When I finally do get in however it is with extreme de-synch, like really extreme. People running on the spot for 10 minutes, 30 seconds to exit or enter a vehicle and non-stop unbroken yellow chains. My ping has gone from around 300 to around 420-500

Is the problem on the Mod or Standalone:

Mod

Does this problem occur on other public DayZ/ArmA/SA servers as well: All other Arma 2 servers and Arma 3 servers run perfectly fine. It appears to be purely DayZRP connection based.

How long have you had this problem:

Since the date provided above, it was working perfectly fine before that.

What have you done to fix this already:

I have reset my connection settings on my PC and on the modem. I have turned off the modem for the entire might incase it was some overheat or needed some time off. No luck the next day, still the same long times and ingame lag.

I have even tried new profiles, and disabled squadxml and joined other dayzrp servers say S1, S2 and S3 to see if it will reset the part thats causing issues.

Edit: My ping is still high but its lower on S1 than it is on S2 and less desynchy.

10 answers to this question

Andrew    0

I haven't experienced the same levels of de-sync however being a fellow Australian, the ping has increased lately from about 320ms to 380 for me, since the TP was introduced but that might be on my end. Last night I could not get on to s2 at all and then apparently today s2 wasn't showing xml's for a brief period.

Anubian    1

On closer analysis, it seems I am much more stable on server 1. The desynch is not too bad and there is no yellow chains as of yet. I think some new addition to server 2 if it was added in the last few days is causing me a heap of problems?

2647deca4f.jpg

Also after I login succesfully on S2 sometimes my screen randomly turns into this:

http://puu.sh/9sWN4/7ed20b9d03.png

And when that happens I cant move, I cant exit, the game hasn't crashed because my Dxtorys FPS still changed and it doesn't freeze.

Its also not just in0game servers though. I tried to talk with Dr. Dax on teamspeak and experienced huge lag and could barely communicate. It appears to be something wrong with my internet connecting to all DayZRP Servers.

Lil_Beefy    0

With the addition of the Trade Post and other PCB's the server's connection has been slightly worse. It's not so bad when 10 people are online but when it's a full server it's because of all the people joining and disconnecting. Tamaster said something about it in another thread so I'll link it below.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-close-s3

gr1ves    3

I've noticed that since TP has been added on S2, there has been a lot of issues on the server like random crashes, desync, mission file not saving etc. Not sure if this is specifically related to TP though.

The quote from Tamaster if anyone didn't want to read the thread;

Do you play on S2?

S2 has more lag for a few reasons;

TP creates a small amount of desync when you are within loading distance of it.

At peak times people are constantly trying to join, the server struggles with the constant connections and disconnects.

The more players with 200> ping or low bandwidth the worse, every one increases lag and desync for everyone else.

So it seems us Aussies are contributing to the lag and desync. Whoops! :P

You contacted your ISP to check with them, Nub Nub? To be fair though it seems your problem is isolated to DayZRP.

Anubian    1

Its a lot better than what it was may have just been a rough week but still not entirely back to normal.

Voodoo    488

Its a lot better than what it was may have just been a rough week but still not entirely back to normal.

Yea updates were made recently. Hopefully the new patch will sort out a lot of these problems do you still want this as not solved?

Anubian    1

Dont think anything more will help so for aesthetics sake solve it :P

Alyd    4

Right then, I will mark this as solved. Hopefully the update will further improve your connection and sort out other issues.

If you wish for this to be un-solved, PM me or another Mod/CH.