Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:15
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
tnkydoe

CTC scamming people out of guns

tnkydoe    14

So I was at Tradepost this evening trying to trade my famas. I offered Caitlyn May (A CTC member) my famas for her SA58Acog. She agreed but then saw I had a l86. She offered me her gun for that and I refused and walked away. She chased after me and offered an SA58 and RPG. I thought about it for awhile and asked others for advice, to where I eventually agreed to do the trade. I asked multiple times if it was the launcher and she replied "Yea I have the launcher in my backpack." She asked if she could view my gun so I agreed and put it in the truck. She then asked "So sa58 and RPG for l86" and I agreed to the trade. She dropped her gun with WITH NO AMMO and an RPG ROCKET. She clearly knew I was under the impression that I was getting an RPG Launcher. I told her she was scamming me and asked to trade back and she refused. There was others there that seemed just as mad as me, and maybe they will possibly post.

Now here is my concern. This is the CTC who are, if im not mistaken "The Chernarus Trading Coalition." This does not reflect good on the faction or staff. She knew exactly what she was doing and was very rude about the situation. Shouldn't you guys be trust worthy traders?

With that being said, what is the community's opinion on this?

Voedric    28

Thats pretty bad, if she actually did say she had the launcher in her backpack that would of been a dick move.

Doing stuff like this would give the CTC a bad reputation in my eyes.

Samaritan    346

Yeh. If that is how it happened I think it is a little bit shitty to do that, dodgy dealings.

Are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding?

tnkydoe    14

Yeh. If that is how it happened I think it is a little bit shitty to do that, dodgy dealings.

Are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding?

Positive, She knew exactly what I thought I was getting as I asked multiple times.

If that's true, I would consider it a violation of the server rules, too. Scamming someone is tantamount to stealing, and stealing is against TP rules.

SatansNightOut    105

I find this to be very uncool... the CTC are supposed to be honest traders, not con men.

Thumper    0

Well, after reading this I went and checked the chat logs. He clearly told you the SA-58 had no ammo. He also was trading an RPG, which is a Rocket Propelled Grenade, the PG-7V. He told you directly it was only a rocket. When you asked about the launcher, he said he did have it and it was in his pack. At no time does he mention its part of the trade.

Sounds like you misunderstood what was directly for trade when he gave you specifics.

tnkydoe    14

Well, after reading this I went and checked the chat logs. He clearly told you the SA-58 had no ammo. He also was trading an RPG, which is a Rocket Propelled Grenade, the PG-7V. He told you directly it was only a rocket. When you asked about the launcher, he said he did have it and it was in his pack. At no time does he mention its part of the trade.

Sounds like you misunderstood what was directly for trade when he gave you specifics.

He knew exactly what I thought it was, and he also said he would get ammo for me. All this could have been fixed by simply giving my my gun back. It's pathetic to me that a member of CTC would do this. They obviously had the intention of doing this as multiple people around me thought the same thing I did. If it wasnt a scam, why wouldnt they just trade back?

Dora    0

I have given you what I told you I was going to give you and you gave me what you told me you were going to give me. You are upset because you were unhappy with the item I said I was going to give you. Am I or am I not right?

He knew exactly what I thought it was, and he also said he would get ammo for me. All this could have been fixed by simply giving my my gun back. It's pathetic to me that a member of CTC would do this. They obviously had the intention of doing this as multiple people around me thought the same thing I did. If it wasnt a scam, why wouldnt they just trade back?

It's pathetic to me that a member of CTC would do this. They obviously had the intention of doing this as multiple people around me thought the same thing I did.

You say people, but who are these people? Secondly, if it was a member of staff, why in gods name would they care to scam you or not? You make it sound like we're out to get you or something, when in the end, it could be a simple misunderstanding that you are taking a little too seriously.

And you're right about giving the stuff back, but if you saw it as a scam, why didn't you ask to trade back?

tnkydoe    14

I have given you what I told you I was going to give you and you gave me what you told me you were going to give me. You are upset because you were unhappy with the item I said I was going to give you. Am I or am I not right?

You manipulated your usage of words and knew exactly what you were doing. Am I right or am I right? I'm unhappy because the staff faction is going down to these low measures of scamming for others gear. Why should people help you fight against the council if your just going to scam us out of our shit?

It's pathetic to me that a member of CTC would do this. They obviously had the intention of doing this as multiple people around me thought the same thing I did.

You say people, but who are these people? Secondly, if it was a member of staff, why in gods name would they care to scam you or not? You make it sound like we're out to get you or something, when in the end, it could be a simple misunderstanding that you are taking a little too seriously.

And you're right about giving the stuff back, but if you saw it as a scam, why didn't you ask to trade back?

I did and was greeted with "All trades are final." Now try to give me a good reason she would do that if it was a "misunderstanding." The people I refer to are others at the tradepost. I believe Joshua Houser was one of those but I dont know the others.

Dora    0

You manipulated your usage of words and knew exactly what you were doing. Am I right or am I right? I'm unhappy because the staff faction is going down to these low measures of scamming for others gear. Why should people help you fight against the council if your just going to scam us out of our shit?

I did not manipulate my words. I told you specifically what I was giving you. I never scammed you as I have given you what I said I was going to give you. You should help CTC fight the Council because you have no other option. You help CTC fight the Council, they will lose. You choose not to help fight the Council, they kill CTC and then eventually you and every other survivor. You have not been scammed.

tnkydoe    14

I did not manipulate my words. I told you specifically what I was giving you. I never scammed you as I have given you what I said I was going to give you. You should help CTC fight the Council because you have no other option. You help CTC fight the Council, they will lose. You choose not to help fight the Council, they kill CTC and then eventually you and every other survivor. You have not been scammed.

So what was your reason for not trading back? Please explain....

-snip-

-snip-

I did and was greeted with "All trades are final." Now try to give me a good reason she would do that if it was a "misunderstanding." The people I refer to are others at the tradepost. I believe Joshua Houser was one of those but I dont know the others.

Here's my reason.

Your attitude right now, on this thread, regarding the situation.

Regardless if all trades were final, you should have said something. The problem probably would have been solved need be.

tnkydoe    14

-snip-

-snip-

Here's my reason.

Your attitude right now, on this thread regarding the situation.

Regardless if all trades were final, you should have said something. The problem probably would have been solved need be.

I did ask multiple times to trade back. Even the people around were asking for her to just give it back. She was being a completely hard headed about things.

Here's my reason.

I did ask multiple times to trade back. Even the people around were asking for her to just give it back. She was being a completely hard headed about things.

Only the one you did the trade with can explain, if you asked, it should have been done, yes.

I only ask that you please keep it civil and realize we're not out to "scam" people. We're not like that.

tnkydoe    14

Ok so in the final trade offer she said "SA58 and RPG for l86."

99cd74654aaf15400c0fdc533818eeef.png

You can see in this image that an RPG is the launcher and the PG-7VL is the ammo. Now regardless of what she said up to this point about anything, the final offer in which I agreed upon was "RPG." I was given a PG-7VL, which last time I checked, does not have "RPG" anywhere in the name.

Here's my reason.

Only the one you did the trade with can explain, if you asked, it should have been done, yes.

I only ask that you please keep it civil and realize we're not out to "scam" people. We're not like that.

Well from what i've experienced, you are. Sad that this happened with a group based around trading. I am a big supporter of CTC and Tradepost and love that it is in the game, but after this I really dont know how I feel.

I'm gonna have to agree that if the trader literally said "RPG", it's fair to assume that the average person would think it's the launcher, given that between the two, only the launcher has "RPG" in the name.

Granted, RPG stands for "Rocket-Propelled Grenade", but it's clear that the nomenclature could easily confuse someone not familiar with it.

That being said, I'd say this was a misunderstanding, not an intentional scam. As for "all sales are final", a lot of honest businesses and traders use that policy.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Sounds like some gear whoring be going on me thinks

Rampage    0

Tnkydoe, this is not the thread to bring up this kind of discussion. This is why we have a report discussion thread. If you feel that rules were broken and want the community's opinion, please feel free to make a report discussion.

/closing

Rolle    2963

I'll take this up internally, wait with the report.