Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest itskarlumad

Rise of Nations : Extended General

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

Better then Civ 5 edition

EAflLPw.jpg

This game has everything I wanted since I downloaded steam and many disks screwed up when trying to play against people! You can play any old single player game mode including conquer the world, and typical single player matches against AI. Its brought back multi-player with a whole new ELO system to boot also, it put in in-game twitch streaming so you don't need any third party software to stream

mbWwLoI.png

You can play multi-player from 2 to 8 players

WGRhluK.png

This game was my first ever PC Multi-player game and it holds a big place in my heart. The only reason it never got the credit it deserved is because there was no advertisement for it I found it on a Smyths toy store shelf one day and wanted to try it and loved it. This is one of them Microsoft games that deserved the advertisements to get more people interested.

oCyT2oS.png

Anyways talk,rant,play,stream do whatever you want in this thread! enjoy :D

Currently on steam: €20/$20/£14.99

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Looks horrible, with the summer sale I would recommend Civ over this

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

Keep your OOC hate out of my thread.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Are you being serious ?

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

tumblr_lwvoh9PBqS1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Because opinions aren't allowed, am I right, guys? Unless that was an inside joke... In that case ignore the previous. Also I don't remember being morally corrupt as you self-quoted in your signature :D

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad
Are you being serious ?

Yes I am Ed has a history of a lot of OOC hate towards me I am not going into details but discrediting me to advertise a broken game is not gonna be tolerated so:

No further derailing of the thread keep on topic or be reported!

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Are you being serious ?

Yes I am Ed has a history of a lot of OOC hate towards me I am not going into details but discrediting me to advertise a broken game is not gonna be tolerated so:

Okay Karl all ed did was post some feedback on the thread but what ever you say buddy.

Regarding his feedback I kind of agree with him. I'd recommend civ over this game as Civ looks better than this visually however I have not played this game so I can't comment on how fun it is.

Rolle    2985

Dafuk m8.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

I'd consider it if the price was lower, I remember trying out a demo around when it was released.

Zizoor    34

In anycase. Rise of nations is great. Fuck derailing. Best game 2003. Best game -00 forward. Best fucking game.

I'm done.

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

Dafuk m8.

Dammit rolls ruining gta races now ruining my words:D

Everyone contradicts themselves from time to time but risking that this thread is closed because of flaming I tried to stomp it out as fast as possible.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Dafuk m8.

dammit rolls ruining gta races now ruining my words:D

Everyone contradicts themselves from time to time but risking that this thread is closed because of flaming I tried to stomp it out as fast as possible.

I fail to see how stating an opinion is derailing or flaming, but anyhow, keep your squabbles to yourselves. I'll handle Arctic internally.

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

fiRyTfO.png

Dunno if I should go towards England as my way towards America

=or=

Make my way from Mesopotamia to South Africa and from there the rest of Africa will fall under my control securing my way into South America

k67Snsa.png

mLA1qDC.png

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Alright, don't see why you believe it is OOC hate. But Kden.

I do not like this game as it is not aesthetically pleasing. As shown above in the screenshots you have provided it shows us that the graphics are limiting to say the least.

I compared to game to Civ V as they are both strategy games,I believed Civ to be the better game for not only being more aesthetically pleasing, but in my opinion the better gameplay.

This is not based on OOC hate on you Karl. It is based on my opinion on the game.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

How i do love the PM system :)

If only people took their Dramas to it :(

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

I do not like this game as it is not aesthetically pleasing. As shown above in the screenshots you have provided it shows us that the graphics are limiting to say the least.

I compared to game to Civ V as they are both strategy games,I believed Civ to be the better game for not only being more aesthetically pleasing, but in my opinion the better gameplay.

This is not based on OOC hate on you Karl. It is based on my opinion on the game.

No you cannot compare both games maybe conquer the world but thats a single player mode..

Graphics: Civ vs RoN = Civ

Doesn't take a genius to know games took a dramatic leap at 06 and since civilization came out in 2010 obviously they win at Graphics against Rise of Nations that came out 2003.

Players vs AI

Rise of Nations wins.

The AI aren't easily manipulated and it doesn't effect gameplay in single or multiplayer and in history games you know as well as I do Civilization 5's AI is broken beyond repair and lack modern day strategy.

Multiplayer:

Rise of nations wins...again

Multiplayer on Civilization is such a effort to bring people to play this mess let alone actually play it lets not look at the fact when you get mid game the game loads for 40/60 seconds of your next turn and after that you wont even get a chance to take a turn on this time limit unless you disable the time limit at the start of the game or extend it to 5 minutes..

Rise of Nations. When playing against people from America in 2004 it was...'laggy' sometimes but every other time it runs smoothly the AI are cleaver at both attacking and defending they do not make it easy for you.

Single player.

RoN has multiple campaigns while Civ doesn't even have one

So you are basing your argument off of graphics if that's the case why not buy Starcraft 2 since that is the best graphical RTS game out at the moment and argue that that could be competition to compare it to.

Rise of Nations wins in everything but graphics against Civ 5.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

But it's all just opinion :D

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

So you are comparing a RTS to a turn-based strategy game? I don't see the comparison personally, other than the fundamental ideas surrounding warring civilisations, the core gameplay mechanics are entirely different.

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

So you are comparing a RTS to a turn-based strategy game? I don't see the comparison personally, other than the fundamental ideas surrounding warring civilisations, the core gameplay mechanics are entirely different.

I agree 100%

It was opinion till I turned it into fact there.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I agree 100%

'Rise of nations wins everything' sounds like the most domineering opinion I've ever heard.

None of that was fact mate

Guest itskarlumad   
Guest itskarlumad

I agree 100%

'Rise of nations wins everything' sounds like the most domineering opinion I've ever heard.

None of that was fact mate

Well you need to play the games then you can have a opinion.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Related to OP rather than to OOC hate ? I don't see the point ?

Tomeran    3

Guys, what the fuck. knock it out already.

On topic, Rise of Nations is one of the better strategy games I've tried. Not THE best, but its like Risk meets civilization, and the mix works pretty well. But yes, its old.

I'll probably try this if its a bit cheaper, and if I can get some of my buddies to buy it as well.

DinoB    20

I love Rise of Nations, one of my favorite strategy games. A bit old, but I would recommend :D