SebbePwnYou

No Private Teamspeaks.

No Private Teamspeaks  

57 members have voted

1. 1. No Private Teamspeaks

• Yes
    • No

SebbePwnYou    17

Well, as it says in the Subject, no Private Teamspeak, to avoid people Metagame where they are in the woods when iniatiated on and such... Like, example Someone initated on someone like near Stary and you keep getting followed by the guy that got initated his friends follows you than they Stop and than run towards your way and finds you in the middle of the woods.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

What? Maybe explain it better?

Well people use private TS just like DayZRP TS? It's like a private radio. If they metagame when you made them drop their radio, report them.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

He means groups having their own TeamSpeak server, separate from DayZRP. Honestly, I don't see this helping in the monitoring of meta-gaming so it's a no from me.

I think what he's trying to say is that people should not be allowed to play whilst in a teamspeak server that isn't the official DayZRP one to avoid "metagaming" if I'm not mistaken.

Rolle    2978

There's no way to enforce it though.

Tredrok    1

What the big guy said really. How do you enforce something like this? The only way I see this working is if you are required to be on the dayzrp ts while playing on the server. And even that is really not enforceable.

Nihoolious    1250

It would be stupid to force people to use the DayZRP TS. They must control themselves and prevent metagaming. If they do it anyway, report it.

The DayZRP TS tends to crash quite a bit too and has less channels or permissions then a private one would

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I've played in servers and communities that required you to be on their TS, they had a script that scanned TS and if your IG name was not found in TS you were getting kicked, so it's possible

But even if you enforce it, what's the point? people use it the same way as the official one. If you initiate on someone and then alt-tab to check if he muted TS or not, you'll get killed no matter what. It doesn't matter what TS he is on, it's his radio frequency, he can be where he wants.

Although "Drop radio=no TS comms", no matter what TS. Always move your hostage away from the place he dropped his radio to avoid people finding you. If they do, then it smells like metagaming. Or pure lack, and CSI chernarus skills

Dowsey    0

And people who use Skype wouldn't be allowed. It's just not possible to enforce, and wouldn't really help metagaming.

And even if it was possible, you'd have to go full NSA with mods monitoring voice chat in EVERY channel on the DayZRP ts to stop someone from metagaming...

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

What rolle said.Migjht prevent metagaming but there's no way you can force people to

stay on RP's Ts.In the end of the day, if they meta game you'll find out.;)

Well, as it says in the Subject, no Private Teamspeak, to avoid people Metagame where they are in the woods when iniatiated on and such... Like, example Someone initated on someone like near Stary and you keep getting followed by the guy that got initated his friends follows you than they Stop and than run towards your way and finds you in the middle of the woods.

To avoid metagaming?

People following and hunting for you across half of the map. The person you took hostage dropped his radio and followed the rules and stopped all communication. Him being muted we followed your members at distance by spotting your group. We lost you a fair few times, until eventually finding you.

How is that metagaming?

In regards to your situation, you guys didn't do a very good job of running away and were followed. No information was passed from your hostage. At one point you all ran through an open field...

The only way this should be added is if every clan channel is private to those inside of them and those that can moderate them. That avoids any more details such as who is with who and how large the one group on TS is.

Ancalagon    0

U7Hfw.gif

Sorry but uhmm ehhh... no?

It's not like people use own TS servers because they want to metagame, lol. Rolle provides a official TS server so people have a platform where they can go to by default. One of the reasons might also be that not everyone haves access to an own TS-server

But they don't need to use it. People can communicate however they want, TS, Skypse, Mumble ect. If they want to use their phones, they can do it.

Also, most clans with private TS have more than 3 Channles...

Tomeran    3

Im sorry, but this suggestion makes no sense, is not enforcable whatsoever and would not necessarily help with the issue at hand.

A big nope.

I've played in servers and communities that required you to be on their TS, they had a script that scanned TS and if your IG name was not found in TS you were getting kicked, so it's possible

City Life, aye, it worked rather well. It would boot you if you were afk as well. Still wouldn't stop other Teamspeak servers and other methods of communication though.

Sin    127

OK, no need to pile on. It's not happening.

Yuval    2

I'm looking for a private TS in order to prevent metagaming, if someone does meta game this way report it, if there is no doubt he did.

KpopKilla    74

^This and people like to use their own because they don't want to be meta gamed on the public ts.

Ark    231

As rolle said there's no way to enforce it... It all boils down to the integrity of the player to not metagame and if they do just report them

Whitefur    4

I'm in about 4 teamspeak servers at once as I enjoy talking to many people at once. So while I play DayZRP I can't talk to my Smite friends? I'm also on another DayZ server team speak as I'm staff there and sometimes people need me for something. Then there's a private team speak where some of my friends on RP hang out playing CS:GO. So by your rules, even though I am not using any of those other TS servers I'm still metagaming by being connected to them. I mean the Smite team I'm on doesn't even know what DayZ is...

Also by checking TS every time you rob someone your metagaming too...

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

There is an option on BEC to enforce people to be connected to a specified TS3 server and room when connected.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

There is an option on BEC to enforce people to be connected to a specified TS3 server and room when connected.

Which is bad because sometimes i don't wanna be on TS.And some others i wanna be on different channels or other TS servers chatting with friends.