Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Le Bear

Ruleplaying?

Question

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

So today we are heading to TP as a group, some guy comes over to us and tries to talk to us, we tell him we dont want a conversation and things get heated, but we carry on moving to TP. He follows, even though he was originally leaving until he saw us.

We then enter the TP and the same guy keeps walking around in circles trying to provoke us. I was trying to talk to people to trade a gun and he kept interrupting with his odd behavior, then after a while he offered a trade and I accepted. His behavior seemed like trolling to me, but we wanted to deal with him IC.

So after proving us for a long time, he decides to go to the south hill where the tower is, out of the TP safezone.

We follow him, get into positions and just as im going to initiate he instantly sprints back to the safezone, I tell him to stop running and he does, but only as soon as he hit the boundary and is safe regarding the rules. He then talks to us again knowing he is perfectly safe.

We all go back to TP and he tries to provoke us again and keeps trying to talk to us even though we told him multiple times to go away. Eventually he goes away and we all log off shortly after.

I am curious to know if the community would consider this ruleplaying? And would it be worthy of a report?

He knew we were going to initiate on him for his behavior around us, so he doesn't speak to us, but runs straight to the safe zone, then stops to speak, knowing he is safe and no hostilities can occur.

11 answers to this question

IAmJackBandit    77

I would consider it ruleplaying and maybe even metagaming as he is using the little message on the screen to know when he is in the safe zone therefore influencing his action IC with a OOC message

Hatch    0

No value for life, seeing as he knew there was a safe zone there. He just wanted you guys to initiate and was provoking you; however he knew he was "invincible" next to the safe zone. It could be worth putting up a report discussion just to hear his point of view.

Bloody    0

If you initiated outside safe zone and he ran back into safe zone he was non compliant which grants you KOS and he can't enter the TP for 2 hours neither can your group since you initiated hostile actions.

Samaritan    344

Ruleplaying/borderline trolling. Fair play for you trying to do it IC. He knew he was safe in the TP, were any of his actions in the TP considered as being hostile?

Dowsey    0

If you initiated outside safe zone and he ran back into safe zone he was non compliant which grants you KOS and he can't enter the TP for 2 hours neither can your group since you initiated hostile actions.

You're only not allowed into the trade post if you've committed the hostile act. He is allowed to go in as he's the "victim".

Sounds like baiting to me :3

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

You're only not allowed into the trade post if you've committed the hostile act. He is allowed to go in as he's the "victim".

If he didn't comply he in principle commited a hostile action, and is not allowed into the tradepost.

Dowsey    0

If he didn't comply he in principle commited a hostile action, and is not allowed into the tradepost.

Since when was non-compliance a hostile action? :S

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

In principle yes. In the rules it's a bit awkwardly written. But if you don't comply to your initiatiors commands they have KoS on you. Therfor you can't enter the TP.

In principle yes. In the rules it's a bit awkwardly written. But if you don't comply to your initiatiors commands they have KoS on you. Therfor you can't enter the TP.

Dowsey    0

Ah, I see what you're saying. Non-compliance isn't a hostile action, but does grant KOS rights on you, meaning you can't enter for 2hrs. Getcha now, sorry :S

Sin    127

While the rules officially say that you can't enter the TP if you've committed a hostile act, I always recommend that if you have KoS rights on you (as this guy did) that you don't enter the TP either. It's not meant to be that kind of a safe zone. You can't use the TP to hide from your enemies. The CTC doesn't want any trouble with anyone - that's the reason for the rule. Using the TP as a shelter from KoS rights brings trouble.

As far as this guy goes? Clearly ruleplaying. Is it worth a report? I'd say this guy is beneath your notice. Ignore him and move on. If he keeps up this kind of behaviour, he'll slip up soon enough.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

As far as this guy goes? Clearly ruleplaying. Is it worth a report? I'd say this guy is beneath your notice. Ignore him and move on. If he keeps up this kind of behaviour, he'll slip up soon enough.

Yeah, was thinking the same, not really worth a report.

This is not the first time I have had people run away sprinting (turbo run) from me, only to turn and talk once they entered the safe zone. Its completely game breaking when it happens.

Anyway, think I got my answer. Thanks guys!

/solved

/thread