Server time: 2017-10-22, 06:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dowsey

Good Samaritan after-the-fact

Question

Dowsey    0

Alright, so this dicussion / question is sparked up because of this thread: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-close-s2-invalid-kos-transfer-13-06-15-10

Scenario: You've overheard / seen a hostile action being committed, and you decide you're going to be a Good Samaritan and help the victim out. However, when you arrive on the scene, the victim is dead. According to the rules, your Good Samaritan rights are now void, and you cannot kill anyone.

Question: Can you initiate on the perpetrator with the intention of role-playing an execution?

So, your character knows that the perpetrator has just killed someone. My character personally would not be ok with this, and if he could, might seek some sort of vengeance for the dead victim. If I was to do this, I would follow the iniation rules, asking the perpetrator to comply etc.

The rules say that:

Killing another player must always be justified by the role playing and the actions specified in this rule;

Is this a justifiable act?

8 answers to this question

Just a heads up man: I saw the guy shooting and I shot a couple of seconds after. The victim could have either escaped, was passed out, had a broken leg or was in cover. I didn't think at the time he could have been dead because the guy shooting was still looking that way and hiding behind a tree and after that I shot. After I killed him I ran up and saw was dead so I was too late. I wasn't planning an execution, I was planning to help

Dowsey    0

Just a heads up man: I saw the guy shooting and I shot a couple of seconds after. The victim could have either escaped, was passed out, had a broken leg or was in cover. I didn't think at the time he could have been dead because the guy shooting was still looking that way and hiding behind a tree and after that I shot. After I killed him I ran up and saw was dead so I was too late. I wasn't planning an execution, I was planning to help

That's cool, I'm not too bothered about what your intentions are. I've been in the scenario before where I've seen someone kill another player, and I've not known if there was anything I could do about it. I just saw the report discussion today and it sparked up my interest in that kind of scenario, so I wanted to explore possibilities :)

FireMatt    1

No. You can never execute someone just from a single encounter. One single encounter is never enough to form a grudge against someone.

Execution rights are granted to individuals if they have had repeated bad encounters with a person/group and vice versa. If you have these rights it is probably best not to use them whenever you can. Executions are no laughing matter. You are killing off somebodies character and you can imagine how awkward it would be if they showed up half an hour later.

Imo executions should be saved for people who are willing to Perma death their characters, not for a little bout of shits and giggles from the executioners.

Dowsey    0

No. You can never execute someone just from a single encounter. One single encounter is never enough to form a grudge against someone.

Execution rights are granted to individuals if they have had repeated bad encounters with a person/group and vice versa. If you have these rights it is probably best not to use them whenever you can. Executions are no laughing matter. You are killing off somebodies character and you can imagine how awkward it would be if they showed up half an hour later.

Imo executions should be saved for people who are willing to Perma death their characters, not for a little bout of shits and giggles from the executioners.

Ok, I didn't mean to perma-death a character, just to seek vengeance on an act you've just seen. Didn't really use the right terminology I guess.

Mush    2

As FireMatt said, executions should be left for other things. Repeated hostilities are a good reason for an execution, but I'd still check OOC with the person first, as it's frowned upon to execute someone without extremely good reasoning sometimes. Never execute someone for a one time mistake.

Do you want this to be solved?

Sin    127

Feel free to initiate on someone you see committing a hostile act. If they resist, then you're free to do whatever seems best, but if he's compliant, then yeah, you can't really kill him for killing some other random person. Perhaps what he did was justified. RP it out.

Mush    2

Solving. Feel free to continue a discussion here.