Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jm Von Cat

Skin changing with backpack (possibility?)

Jm Von Cat    154

So, i have noticed that several skins (from original ARMA 2) do not show backpacks on their skins. Well that is fine to be honest, but recently i have noticed backpacks that are sometimes built into the skins (The new RPG bag for example, ALICE pack as another) and i started to wonder, would it be possible for the skin to change as you put on the backpack?

For example, CDF soldier picks up the RPG backpack, normally would not show right? But there is a CDF anti tank trooper with that backpack as the only difference to the skin, simple skin change when putting on the backpack to display it.

well i hope its simple.

Anyway, Thoughts, ideas, suggestions or additions to or on this Brain fart.

Have at it please

Voodoo    492

Im unsure if this can be done, that would be up to devs. As for new skins I recommend always suggesting them (More skins the better :D )

At the moment you have to imagine the backpack is there :)

It seems like a whole lot of effort over something minor to be honest and I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Jm Von Cat    154

Im unsure if this can be done, that would be up to devs. As for new skins I recommend always suggesting them (More skins the better :D )

At the moment you have to imagine the backpack is there :)

The skins are not exactly new per say, more the only difference is the backpack they carry.

While i am fine with imagining i just figured it would be nice, i always like looking good

It seems like a whole lot of effort over something minor to be honest and I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Well, it is in theory all the little things that add together for a whole, or fill in the gaps with the big picture.

Mikachu    26

Theoretically possible yes, but I can see major issues with it.

The way it would work is similar to swapping skins using IG skin packages, it copies your gear onto a AI, then you take control of said AI.

The problem is since a gear object is causing this it will likely be heavily effected by desync and lag and often wipe your char.

Not worth it in my eyes sorry. Cool idea though :)

Jm Von Cat    154

Theoretically possible yes, but I can see major issues with it.

The way it would work is similar to swapping skins using IG skin packages, it copies your gear onto a AI, then you take control of said AI.

The problem is since a gear object is causing this it will likely be heavily effected by desync and lag and often wipe your char.

Not worth it in my eyes sorry. Cool idea though :)

Daw, i see your points and very valid they are. ahh well it was worth asking i suppose