Server time: 2017-10-20, 17:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mellstrom

Talking about the Council attack

Mellstrom    21

Yet again a glorious event from the admin team if not a bit too short. I can gladly say that TFW was one of the first to meet them at Pobeda Dam and fought them (sort of) and chased them down all the way to Stary Sobor where our car broke down due to a zombie head stuck in the engine.

Got some good hits on the chopper with our trusty PKM and SVD that seemed to do a lot of damage to it. All in all a good event.

If anyones got any videos stories or screenshots about the event please post them down below. I would love to hear more about what happened and other people's story.

Toorrik    4

My reaction when someone says "Council" while we are sitting in the TP.

PolishedPeacefulGosling.gif

Thanks for your kinds words, I wasn't part of this attack but I know how much your words mean to those that are involved and I'm sure they will love this.

Tomeran    3

Glad people are enjoying these things.

And yes, most of them are pretty short. But they're called "mini-events" for that reason. :D

As the guy that did most of the driving in the BMP(Dax was the chopper pilot and later joined me in the tank when he was shot down over TP) I suppose I can share my own PoV of tonights little "mini-offensive".

Initially me and Dax spawned in a BTR, where we oddly and awkwardly ran into some ODA guys near our spawn point. The roleplay that happened there was just awkward because we werent ready yet and just wanted to chase them off from our staging ground. :D

We then spawned in a BMP3 instead, since they're A LOT easier to take out then a BTR-90(those things have hardcore sloped armor) and I did most of the driving. Dax was airborne with a Ka-52.

We went to pobeda first, blew up the homestead, scared some guy into hiding in the barn, met a couple of hostile people in a hatchback at the road, moved on to Novy, met more hostile people, moved on to Stary etc etc.

In the end we wanted to draw more people out of the TP(its one of the reasons we do these events, to draw people outside the Trade Post, at least tempoarily) but we only managed to pull that off in small-scale this time(unlike the scout event, where like half the server was involved.)

A few people went out and met us though. And they managed to damage Dax's heli a bit. You'd think the Ka-52 would be better protected against small-arms.

After we showed up at the TP, then people put up a real fight. A couple of guys got killed by an RPG backblast and I accidently hit someone with a richochet(as well as injuring four people with a rocket, but injuries are fair game!), other then that things went very smoothly. We eventually descided to roll up close to give people a shot at taking us out, and eventually someone did score a direct RPG hit at our side which destroyed one of our tracks.

Immobilized, Dax went out the back of the tank, set a satchel, blew it up and we ran down the hill, doing a "fire and manouver"-retreat that lasted for minutes until finally both me and Dax got killed.

That final part was particurly enjoyable to me. :D

Also to note: Them damned TP buildings are very sturdy. I wanted to damage or even demolish one, but after 200 AP cannon shots they were still standing. :(

Othuyeg    20

You'd think the Ka-52 would be better protected against small-arms.

My raging bull ain't no small peashooter.

Edit: Contrary to what I said in the video, it has no tail rotor...

Mellstrom    21

Those ODA guys by Pobeda Dam and Novy was us, we followed you from the dam. We where wondering why the helicopter was still for a moment. (i guess you weren't expecting company). I got to wonder. did we even damage the chopper at all with our guns? I know we hit it a couple of times but i never saw any visible damage to it.

Tomeran    3

Those ODA guys by Pobeda Dam and Novy was us, we followed you from the dam. We where wondering why the helicopter was still for a moment. (i guess you weren't expecting company). I got to wonder. did we even damage the chopper at all with our guns? I know we hit it a couple of times but i never saw any visible damage to it.

It was damaged, yes. The Ka-52's weak point is the rotor and I recall Dax saying something about it being damaged before we got to TP. They eventually shot it down outside the TP though.

I was surprised on just how feasible it is to shoot down even gunships with something as small as a 5.56 weapon. You just gotta hit the vurnable parts. But fire enough at the main hull armor and it'll go down even if you dont hit the rotor.

Ark    230

met someone new to the server and was giving them a ride to tp after some looting at cherno started talking about the council and what they've done get to tp see a tank out front drive up and think "oh ctc" and boom there goes two tires xD

Doc    3

How the hell do I miss these! I was logged out at Poeda Dam besides!

Oh shit, my camps around there....

Conor    254

It was fun tonight. Hiding in the trees outside TP with the BMP in between when a zombie wonder punches me and breaks my legs, I thought that was it and you noticed me but skimmed over me.

When the van showed up I started spraying the BMP to try and distract it from the van only for the population of the trade post to open fire on me, catching a lucky hit and almost killing me.

(Was it you that shot me Othuyeg? :P )

Husky    0

Just gonna post this here because I posted it in the, wrong? section before.

To all the people complaining, strap up.

The suppression rule is there to not make the council slaughter you every time they attack.

The stuff I've seen during some of the attacks have been plain suicide, here's some examples:

1. I've seen people lying in the middle of the road at the front gate trying to scout the Council members in the South-Eastern forest.

2. I've seen people rush the place where Council members para-dropped.

3. I've seen people rush out of TP towards the forest where Council usually attack from, this not only puts you in danger of Council but also friendly crossfire because you run in their way.

4. Also, yesterday I saw 4-5 people rush the back gate of TP where there were 4+? Council members trying to crawl in, of course they had to shoot you.

All these examples seem like suicide/No value for life in my opinion, if Council didn't shoot all these suicidal maniacs when they rush their starting position during an attack every Council event would be over within 5 minutes, really fun huh?

It's an ATTACK of course there is gonna be casualties, if you don't want to die don't run out in the open like a headless chicken.

I honestly think the Council is doing a great job with these events, it's fun and it's got a dangerous feeling to it, which it should have.

I also think that Council gives these people we see run into the open way too many chances, why don't you guys act like it's an actual attack? If this was an attack from X clan on Altar you wouldn't run out in the open would you? No.

I'm not saying Council should be spraying everyone down, I just think they should be less forgiving because some of this stuff people do during attacks is absolutely ridiculous.

Rant over.

Doc    3

The suppression rule is there to not make the council slaughter you every time they attack.

The stuff I've seen during some of the attacks have been plain suicide, here's some examples:

1. I've seen people lying in the middle of the road at the front gate trying to scout the Council members in the South-Eastern forest.

3. I've seen people rush out of TP towards the forest where Council usually attack from, this not only puts you in danger of Council but also friendly crossfire because you run in their way.

4. Also, yesterday I saw 4-5 people rush the back gate of TP where there were 4+? Council members trying to crawl in, of course they had to shoot you.

All these examples seem like suicide/No value for life in my opinion, if Council didn't shoot all these suicidal maniacs when they rush their starting position during an attack every Council event would be over within 5 minutes, really fun huh?

It's an ATTACK of course there is gonna be casualties, if you don't want to die don't run out in the open like a headless chicken.

I honestly think the Council is doing a great job with these events, it's fun and it's got a dangerous feeling to it, which it should have.

I also think that Council gives these people we see run into the open way too many chances, why don't you guys act like it's an actual attack? If this was an attack from X clan on Altar you wouldn't run out in the open would you? No.

I'm not saying Council should be spraying everyone down, I just think they should be less forgiving because some of this stuff people do during attacks is absolutely ridiculous.

Rant over.

Amen Brother.

I do agree with the points you have made. If the staff who play as council members did not enact the suppression rule, we'd pretty much all be dead within the first five minutes of the fight... For people like myself that suck ass at PvP, we should be grateful to be involved in these mini-events to actually get some combat experience.

Guest Nykke   
Guest Nykke

Rant over.

Amen Brother.

I do agree with the points you have made. If the staff who play as council members did not enact the suppression rule, we'd pretty much all be dead within the first five minutes of the fight... For people like myself that suck ass at PvP, we should be grateful to be involved in these mini-events to actually get some combat experience.

Gief me a council skin and a pkp :o

Doc    3

Rant over.

Amen Brother.

jack-jack-sparrow-johnny-depp-pirates-of-caribbean-run-Favim.com-238755.gif

Guest Maggorra   
Guest Maggorra

Amen Brother.

jack-jack-sparrow-johnny-depp-pirates-of-caribbean-run-Favim.com-238755.gif

Yeah I am with Nykke here... Give SDS a council skin and we will give you a real fight ;).

Rant over.

I couldn't Agree more, I've seen people rush council tanks with nothing more then a hatchet. It's an attack by a force that could easily kill you within a second of arriving but instead try and make it a fun encounter for both sides, if your going to sit in a an open field when a council tank is shooting at you then you're just asking to be killed.

Please try and have some value for your life... Just because you know it's staff and they'll try their best to keep you from getting killed doesn't mean that you should abuse it and run around like a headless chicken.

Guest renen2001   
Guest renen2001

I ran up from Cherno, heard a heli, and decided to take a look, and then I heard some big BOOM BOOM BOOM! I ran towards it, so I could see the fire party, and then I saw a littlebird, shooting some rounds at TP, it was quite fun, and when it went away, I ran to TP, and had a nice talk with some people, and then I went up on the construction thing, to see if someone came, and then I fell down…again :D So I got a blood bag, but before that I thought I would die of blood lose… I have now been falling down from the second level 2 times, and my friend once, it is lucky that we didn’t die of it :P