Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:37

Sign in to follow this  
kharmasutra

Guide for interacting with Free Medics

kharmasutra    0

1. Do not walk up and just ask to be blood-bagged. Put some effort into role-playing with medical staff. While we would never deny anyone medical treatment, we are not opposed to subtly letting you know how much you suck donkey balls.

Using words like: dizzy, woozy, light-headed, banged-up, faint, etc. in your conversations with us gives us a clear message that indicates you are looking for a transfusion.

2. Participate in your treatment. If you are role-playing more extensive injuries you need to find a way to let us know where and what those injuries are as well as the extent of those injuries, either verbally or through text. ARMA has limits, if you just roll around and groan without letting us know what is going on, we will assume you are practicing some new interpretive dance and continue on our way. Also if something hurts... SHOW that it hurts.

EXAMPLE

Patient: "Hey doc, I just got shot can you take a look at the wound?" *takes off shirt to reveal bullet wound on right shoulder. "Oh man, I feel like I'm going to pass out." *swoons a little

Doctor: "That's not good, let me check you out." *Begins to examine patient.

Patient: *there appears to be bullet still lodged in wound.

-Now the doctor knows where the wound is, how to treat it and that this person needs a blood bag and can use the animations that happen when giving a transfusion as part of their role-play of "fixing and bandaging your bullet wound".

3. If you come to a doctor presenting with ailments that cannot be reasonably treated in an apocalypse expect unconventional treatments in return that may have unexpected side effects or consequences. We cannot promise you won't end up with missing/replaced body parts, general mental trauma or even a chemical dependency to the essence of Brian's sweet love which will cause an uncontrollable desire to give away all your belongings, hug your mortal enemies and spend hours chasing and petting rabbits or kissing trees... or is it petting trees and kissing rabbits?

4. If you continuously self-harm or are constantly suicidal don't expect a doctor to chase you around trying to treat you or babysit you. We will personally hand you over to our psychiatrist in the Free Medic Defense Squad who will counsel you through a couple options that may put the value of your life into better perspective.

5. Triage: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors. Learn it, love it. Wait for your turn.

Rifleman    14

Finally - a really useful guide for RP'ing with the FM's.

Really good work man - I hope some of the DayZRP rookies read this.

Sir Doctor    3

BLOOAD BAG MEI PLZz!!!11

Haha, a helpful guide for players new to the roleplay scene.

Nice work kharma.

woah. Amazing guide Kharma. This will really help new players.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

JBG could make some interesting adaptations to this guide. We have much more interesting methods of interaction with our good old friends FM :P

But seriously, nice guide, well done!

SweetJoe    278

JBG could make some interesting adaptations to this guide. We have much more interesting methods of interaction with our good old friends FM :P

But seriously, nice guide, well done!

Since I take jabs at the fm seriously I have but one thing to say john, the freaks come out at night. Stay up later and visit us. I never did get to meet you early play euros.

Amanda, very good guide. It looks like a complilation of everything you applied during your time with the watchers. Alot of it should be common sense but sometimes common sense isnt. Very well written. This will help alot of people.

Dont worry about bear dear, hes just woken up from hibernation.

Great guide Amanda, hopefully people will read it :)

Glenn    10

Really good work man

She's not a man, man.

She is also her own Profile picture. *wink wink*

When i see a medic i'm always like: ARRHHHH I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!

SweetJoe    278

Wait...am I the psychiatrist...no...you must mean derek...he really is one you know...well psychologist anyway. Your really mean...you know what damage me and derek could do to a self mutilator?

kharmasutra    0

Really good work man

She's not a man, man.

Millions of sperms and YOU were the quickest? Interesting.

Finally somebody bothered to make a guide for this.

One shall include this in another thread so it shall be more recognized, I say!

But yea. Very nice guide.

Maybe you could work out a list for every kind of medical help we can offer?

Example:

Patient needs Painkillers: "Hey, doc! Do you got something that stops me from shaking all the time? I think I am still under shock or something."

Other indicators to use in need of painkillers: shaking, nervous, frightened, (other words I cannot think of due to lack of vocabulary, duh.)

AMANDA GIVE MOOKOKO A BLOODBAG K THANKS BYE

Wait...am I the psychiatrist...

You're a psychiatrist or are you the psychiatrist ? 0.o

OT:

Glad you made this thread, a lot of people should be aware of how to ask to give a bloodbag IG properly. I've run in to countless people that said they need a bloodbag, and I was one of those guys way back when I joined the community.

Shouldn't this be covered in the basic guide to roleplaying though? It should, if it isn't, it should be.

SweetJoe    278

Other indicators to use in need of painkillers: shaking, nervous, frightened, (other words I cannot think of due to lack of vocabulary, duh.)

now dont get me wrong doc...but im pretty sure painkillers are for pain and remove it by blocking certain parts in your brain that receive the signals associated with pain, where as the indicators you gave would require tranquilizers, which would basically do the same thing, but target different areas of the brain specifically.

I recommend you take these Valium doc...or maybe these Xanex.

now dont get me wrong doc...but im pretty sure painkillers are for pain and remove it by blocking certain parts in your brain that receive the signals associated with pain, where as the indicators you gave would require tranquilizers, which would basically do the same thing, but target different areas of the brain specifically.

I recommend you take these Valium doc...or maybe these Xanex.

Good call, Joe.

However, our supplies are always limited in quality and quantity. The painkillers we scavenge from the hospitals in Chernarus have proven to be quite multifunctional. Also most patients are under shock when they come to us.

The painkillers usually calm them down and stop them from shaking. It seems that these come with a small dose of Valium or morphine.

Have you ever considered becoming a Free Medic, Joe? You seem to know a lot about medicine. But I suppose you are better off with defending them.

//of course these indicators are ment to be used like the hints you can give to the medic when you need a bloodbag. :)

SweetJoe    278

Have I ever thought of being a free medic? I was never asked. I spent every day there for montha. When they needed defending I pestered derek until he thought it was a good idea. Hahah

Matt    21

Nice little guide maybe people will stop screaming Bloodbag!! at me.

Glenn    10

She's not a man, man.

Millions of sperms and YOU were the quickest? Interesting.

Yeah its a shame.

Sign in to follow this