Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:14

Sign in to follow this  
Mavasaur

Admin Mortar Strikes.

Mavasaur    0

I'm assuming this would be considered acts of the council. However, sometimes I feel like they go a bit too far. Today, we were at NWAF, and begin taking incoming, there was no spotter, yet the rounds continued to trail us. It seemed very much directed at us, to get us to leave, or something of that nature. Though for it to actually trail us, there'd need to be some sort of forward observer. Hell, I don't even see where these attacks could be coming from, and there's apparently no way for a player to get it to stop (by killing the people doing it) because, well, it's an admin using a tool, not a player at a mortar point.

I just don't see the RP value in this sort of attack.

Bianco    0

Try being in a vehicle with 3 other guys high tailing out of an area after Caesar gives us a warning to leave and tries to fire warning shots but gets a direct hit

Archer    0

Were they direct hits?

A few of them got pretty close. We spread out pretty wide and high tailed it as fast as we could.

Henning    61

Were they direct hits?

A few of them got pretty close. We spread out pretty wide and high tailed it as fast as we could.

How far away would you say was the farthest round? 30 meters, 50 meters 100 meters?

Mavasaur    0

Try being in a vehicle with 3 other guys high tailing out of an area after Caesar gives us a warning to leave and tries to fire warning shots but gets a direct hit

There's a time and a place to use admin tools such as this, but surely a bunch of survivors at an airfield isn't one of them. I see no reason for this to of happen. It's essentially someone taking too many liberty's in my eyes.

The only people that use mortars are the CTC and when they do, it's only against people who make roadblocks and stuff near TP usually, not randomly at people at the NWAF. Are you sure they where mortars?

Archer    0

Were they direct hits?

How far away would you say was the farthest round? 30 meters, 50 meters 100 meters?

Possibly within 50-100 of me at least on one occasion, but I can't speak for the others.

The only people that use mortars are the CTC and when they do, it's only against people who make roadblocks and stuff near TP usually, not randomly at people at the NWAF. Are you sure they where mortars?

We were over at that downed Mi chopper just regrouping there after looting. Someone accidentally machete-ed another, but other than we weren't doing anything worthy of a mortar strike.

It was cool in a Michael Bay sense, but there was no cause or explanation for it, as far as I can see.

Henning    61

Funny, after reading this I remembered that CRA had someone shooting Flares from a grenade launcher at us today, could someone be trolling perhaps?

Edit: I would like to add that this was also at NWAF.

We were over at that downed Mi chopper just regrouping there after looting. Someone accidentally machete-ed another, but other than we weren't doing anything worthy of a mortar strike.

It was cool in a Michael Bay sense, but there was no cause or explanation for it, as far as I can see.

Was it just one explosion or was there multiple?

Archer    0

Was it just one explosion or was there multiple?

Many. I'd guess between five and ten. The first struck the Air Traffic Control, the second hit about where were standing before we started running, and the third hit right inside the wall as I passed through it. They followed us pretty closely, then I split from the group and it followed them.

There's a time and a place to use admin tools such as this, but surely a bunch of survivors at an airfield isn't one of them. I see no reason for this to of happen. It's essentially someone taking too many liberty's in my eyes.

I agree that it was a little inappropriate to launch a mortar strike on a bunch of men on an airfield.

Archer    0

Funny, after reading this I remembered that CRA had someone shooting Flares from a grenade launcher at us today, could someone be trolling perhaps?

Edit: I would like to add that this was also at NWAF.

No, these were large explosions. About the same size as a satchel charge. And there were definitely intentional; see the pattern I already posted above.

It was me..Satchels. No mortars, no one was hit. Sorry for trying to give you all some RP to use. Wont happen again.

tnkydoe    14

It was me..Satchels. No mortars, no one was hit. Sorry for trying to give you all some RP to use. Wont happen again.

Enlighten the RP on random explosions in a zombie apoc....

Mavasaur    0

And I'm all for RP, don't get me wrong. But satchel charges going off around us set off by an invisible man is simply super natural, there's nothing to RP.

Othuyeg    20

An open card I guess... What ever you make of it.

Metulz    11

I thought it was pretty fun. Just saying. 10/boom would run again.

I dont see I have to explain anything, thank you.

And I'm all for RP, don't get me wrong. But satchel charges going off around us set off by an invisible man is simply super natural, there's nothing to RP.

Satchels have a smaller splash damage than mortars. I didnt want anyone hurt. Like I said, wont happen again.

Yeah... I accidentally machete one of our group(didn't know it does 12k damage) and we'd just done a 5-gun salute when I looked towards ATC(my intuition is too damn keen...) and got to watch as a satchel(posing as artillery) went off in the field beside the ATC, damaging it. Us TFW, CBR, and FANGS all bolted after a minute and when we were at the SE end of the airfield, a satchel went off at the Mi. I split from the group and kept running SE while the rest scattered to the SW, and got to watch as the explosions followed where most of our group were running.

It was fun and exciting in an action-movie sense, but made no real RP sense nor served a constructive purpose. It was like an admin trying to say 'Get the f*ck off my lawn!'. Albeit a very large, 500m lawn since it followed us till we reached the Kabanino-Vybor road and Dichina.

Species    237

What about the Council, a private organization with an army. Bound to have explosives.

tnkydoe    14

I dont see I have to explain anything, thank you.

So an admin doesn't need to take responsibility for placing random satchel charges with no RP reason to back it up?

Use your imagination, Council, CTC misfire...

What about the Council, a private organization with an army. Bound to have explosives.

That's what we went with for the IC reason for it but... still doesn't make sense unless Council is planning to occupy NWAF soon and was doing a 'clean sweep'.

Edit: Actually... that'd be a nice event idea, right there.