Server time: 2017-10-17, 07:54
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Karichii

Event ?

Karichii    10

Recently i was thinking, so in trade post people eventually get bored, and some like myself at onetime struggle to make good RP, so it got me thinking, what could i do to change this, and i thought we could have some sort of event, whether it was monthly or not, or even one off, but maybe organising some sort of Talent Contest or something on the lines of that could be held at the trade post, i think it would really bring out some good RP, as i thought it could raise peoples spirits, and try to help them forget the tragedies that have affected them previously in their lives, i don't think anything like this has been done before, so maybe giving it ago could leave something to talk about for a while, and would get people let of a bit of steam, and have some fun in a friendly contest, what do you think ?

SgtWinters    0

Im for more RP at the trade post, but I have no idea how you are going to do a talent contest. Honestly I would love more Council attacks and allow for certain clans to be able to assault TP within a certain time limit. Hostages could be taken and it would be either up to outside forces to eliminate the aggressors or let them rob/interrogate them until they are satisfied.

We're -soppost- to make events so people can fray away from TP, but I'm not sure really.

Talent contests I guess can happen in a place like TP, but no dancing competitions and Justin Bieber music, theeen things would be off. Plus, there are usually (at least when I visit) people that are singing at the bar or playing a guitar in the back, if nobody is doing that, I make it happen.

Like I think a week ago things were quiet, so I moved some people to the bar and served drinks, one thing lead to another and someone is singing the 'Zombie Song' (Best song improvised 2014). We don't really need to set up a event, just do it all IC on your own.

Karichii    10

We're -soppost- to make events so people can fray away from TP, but I'm not sure really.

Talent contests I guess can happen in a place like TP, but no dancing competitions and Justin Bieber music, theeen things would be off. Plus, there are usually (at least when I visit) people that are singing at the bar or playing a guitar in the back, if nobody is doing that, I make it happen.

Like I think a week ago things were quiet, so I moved some people to the bar and served drinks, one thing lead to another and someone is singing the 'Zombie Song' (Best song improvised 2014). We don't really need to set up a event, just do it all IC on your own.

That's fair enough, just a small idea, maybe being gatecrashed my council ? doesn't have to be talent, it was just a rough suggestion

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Like said above, this is something you're able to do on your own accord.

If you feel that there is no roleplay happening at the tradepost or anywhere at the matter, make it as a goal to create some of your own.

In my mind, there is no need for an 'official' planned event in such a place to 'lighten' the mood and make it more interesting.

Why might you say?

Because, you're able to do it yourself and doesn't require effort from others to plan besides yourself. Just take the initiative and make the scene interesting by using your imagination.

I'd also like to add, although much may not be happening and people are sitting around and speaking nothing, doesn't necessarily mean they're 'bored'. I myself love having some peace and silence at the tradepost from time to time.

Just my thoughts, always nice seeing some new suggestions.

Voodoo    487

Talent contests wouldnt be a good idea in my opinion. Council attacks I agree with as for some suggestions of groups being able to attack, that wont happen. CTC are a powerful force realistically Council can only match them.

Maybe more events can happen outside the TP to get people leaving, supply runs, bandit surveillance etc.

Othuyeg    20

Talent contests would end up with people just screaming into their mics. Also... It is supposed to be a time of survival and desperation and talent contests propably would be a low priority.