Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:31
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mylesharrison13

How long until DayZ Standalone is in beta?

Guest mylesharrison13   
Guest mylesharrison13

I was told that it will be in a beta patch this fall but Ii want to know what you guys think

Whitefur    4

Not for a good two years I would say. They are swapping engines so that will take some time, and if you have ever played it you would k ow how early it feels.

Owen    14

Not for a good two years I would say

This is probably the best answer. I also heard that they are redoing the game engine to make it better.

Mira    0

Eh, To be honest I think it'll take a year due to the fact that they are changing engines.

They're not changing engines. They just changed the one they were using so much that they called it a different one.

Kravock    1

Once they have all the features in. A project goes from alpha to beta when all major items are implemented. Beta is the last testing phase before full release.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

DayZ SA was a scam. Its never going to beta.

Dowsey    0

Once they have all the features in. A project goes from alpha to beta when all major items are implemented. Beta is the last testing phase before full release.

IDK, by -definition- a game is in beta when the core mechanics / things currently in the game work. -Technically- the game is in "beta".

The point I'm making is that there's no standardisation in games industry as to what stage a game should be in and when it should move.

Minecraft, KSP, and other early release games have shown that there's no rules. It's up to the Dev the other choose when they feel the game is ready to progress, by their standards alone.

To answer the OP's question, probably not for a year.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

In all honesty, I doubt anyone really knows when it will be released.

There will always be speculations, estimates and rumors to when something such as the beta is released. Yet, it's shown to be very unreliable when it comes to a release date.

It could be next week, next year, 5 years... or never.

All in all, it comes out when it comes out. To fix your mind on an estimated guess just leads to disappointment.

Gina    26

Calling something as a 'failure' when it's not even ready yet, nor anyone knows how it will turn out in the end, is one way to protect your self from disappointment :)

Understandable though. That's a way how most of the human nature works.

I have faith though. I believe it will end up being something great especially for us as RPers :)

Frozen    45

Not for a good two years I would say

This is probably the best answer. I also heard that they are redoing the game engine to make it better.

DayZ never really 'made' there own 'engine' they took the one from Arma 3 and basically changed it around the corners, to me DayZ SA is literally Arma just a new map and graphics.

And if some of you are saying I'm saying BS please notice the game was delayed by 2 years and only started (in my PoV) real work on the game after the Arma 3 release.. So they just say there created a map structures and models but never created and engine from scratch.. So switching and engine sound like it won't happen :/

But yes.. Game will go beta in about 2-3 or longer to go beta..

The DayZ SA developers are VERY slow in my opinion and never fix the essentials problems IG. They still didn't fix the hunger and drinking problem, they put the warning messages like (I'm starting to get full or such) AFTER the message (I'm full) and then you basically could vomit.. Oh and this problem is sill here after damn May or such.

DayZ SA was a scam. Its never going to beta.

Also this.

kakan    0

Rocket said thet we are going to enter the beta at the end of 2014, and in the latest ama on reddit he told us that they are still on the road map.

So there is that... Did it answer your question?

-wall of shit-

Please stop telling lies about stuff you don't know about :)

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Rocket said thet we are going to enter the beta at the end of 2014, and in the latest ama on reddit he told us that they are still on the road map.

So we have a good one year left maybe more till a complete version of the game is released? :P

kakan    0

So we have a good one year left maybe more till a complete version of the game is released? :P

well it depends on how you see it. The game will be in development for at least 5 more years.. so where do we draw the line of a "complete" game?

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

well it depends on how you see it. The game will be in development for at least 5 more years.. so where do we draw the line of a "complete" game?

After Beta testing is done :P .. that's what i assume at least

kakan    0

After Beta testing is done :P .. that's what i assume at least

Okay, The game is expected to go out of beta in the early of 2015 :)

DayZ never really 'made' there own 'engine' they took the one from Arma 3 and basically changed it around the corners, to me DayZ SA is literally Arma just a new map and graphics.

Nope. They based it off one of their other games 'Take On Helicopters' and have since been ripping out what's not needed and adding so many new things to the point of it not resembling that engine anymore, hence the new name.

If you really think that SA is just ARMA then I think it's a rather naive way of looking at the development of the game to this point.

And if some of you are saying I'm saying BS please notice the game was delayed by 2 years and only started (in my PoV) real work on the game after the Arma 3 release.. So they just say there created a map structures and models but never created and engine from scratch.. So switching and engine sound like it won't happen :/

You seem to be extremely mis-informed. The game was given one release date, which was December 2012 and then it actually released the following year in December 2013. That's only a year delay, which in the gaming industry isn't that devastating and is something which is expected of what was then a small group of guys working on the game.

Until the beginning of 2013 they had only looked to re-package the mod in its current form with a couple more features and that was it. However behind the scenes, their vision for the project was far greater than that so they decided to as I said previously use a different engine, gut it and call it their own. We're at the point now where they're needing to make some bigger changes to the engine to allow better performance, AKA the move to 64-bit, DirectX11 etc. that will allow for multi-core support unlike all of the ARMA games to date.

But yes.. Game will go beta in about 2-3 or longer to go beta..

Nope.

kakan    0

-wall of text-

Thank you, at least there is someone here who knows his shit :D +1

Frozen    45

Well Kakan you know how to be rude so yes that's cool of you +1 level for for whatever your looking for.

Then we have LittleShorte trying to piss me off again.

Now not going to paste what I originally posted here but here.

Nope. They based it off one of their other games 'Take On Helicopters' and have since been ripping out what's not needed and adding so many new things to the point of it not resembling that engine anymore, hence the new name.

If you really think that SA is just ARMA then I think it's a rather naive way of looking at the development of the game to this point.

So tell me why is most of the shit from SA in Arma 3 ?

You seem to be extremely mis-informed. The game was given one release date, which was December 2012 and then it actually released the following year in December 2013. That's only a year delay, which in the gaming industry isn't that devastating and is something which is expected of what was then a small group of guys working on the game

To my knowledge they game a call for when they said the game was ready but no date and then there was the one you talked about.. I'm not super duper sure about this like you dude.

Nope.

Now go quote everyone who said in page 1 please :)

-wall of text-

Thank you, at least there is someone here who knows his shit :D +1

Thank you, I'm glad to see someone have a realistic and positive view based upon the actual facts. :) +1

Mikachu    26

DayZ SA has proven to me that the average person has no clue at all what game development is like.

You should be happy to even be able to play it currently, if it were a normal game it wouldn't of even been announced for another 3-6 months, then trailers etc until MAYBE a beta early next year and then release next fall.

Stop moaning about a game which is clearly in the middle of development and being SO entitled. Every time you launch the game it reminds you it is broken and will be while they actually work on the game.