Server time: 2017-10-17, 17:15
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

Sawn Off Shotguns?

Lucky    0

I was thinking of making a few addons other than the ones im already making for DayZRP, including some saw off shotguns.

There will be different variants, including the TOZ-123, Remington 870, and possibly a full stock version of the TOZ.

The TOZ will be the most powerful out of the two but also the rarest, being a 4 Gauge. The Remington will have increased damage but the spread will be massively increased. Thinking around 8k damage if a full mass of pellets hits, but this would HAVE to be in very close ranges of 5-15 meters.

The TOZ

eee3afadf91848527d03b3ce9a51e18a.jpg

The 870 (Planned to look like this)

Remingt870WitProt_Eli.jpg

Just a comparison I found on google images... Yeah... 4 Gauge...

d75405_914993.jpg

Sawn off shotguns would be easy to craft, only requiring a (not too sure of this) machete (to save ourselves from having to add a hacksaw) or a hatchet.

Also another pic I found of a sawn off TOZ-123

attachment.php?attachmentid=5321&d=1394349465

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated in the thread, also open to suggestions.

Thoughts?

---UPDATE---

Been thinking and the TOZ-123 will be a primary, very powerful shotgun, while the rest that I decide to make will be secondaries that are craftable from primaries. Shotgun ammo will most likely be kept in your main inventory.

---Renders---

ks23_2_zps2590d0b5.png

ks23_zps0ad6235b.png

Mikachu    26

Could be very interesting. Will keep an eye on this thread

Owen    14

If there is something like this on Armaholic, I would love to see this ingame.

Toska    0

dont we already have a sawn off?

i thought we had that sdass compact thing

The compact version is without the stock.

The barrel still has the same length.

Lucky    0

If there is something like this on Armaholic, I would love to see this ingame.

Was suggesting that I would make these! :P

Lucky    0

Sawn-off secondary, that'd be epic

Maybe ;) Possibly the Serbu Super Shorty? Look it up :3

Alec    0

I don't see much demand for shotguns really, they're rather useless to most people as a lot of people prefer not to be in close encounters. Although, this would save a lot of people in close quarters situations.

Dave    1

These shots guns would make a brilliant addition to the game, they would be pretty cool

Lucky    0

I don't see much demand for shotguns really, they're rather useless to most people as a lot of people prefer not to be in close encounters. Although, this would save a lot of people in close quarters situations.

Thats why Im making these! I want to bring a new sense in shotguns in DayZRP... So rather than useless.. they are tools for the average survivor! and powerful ones at that ;)

Also FYI, 4 Gauge will have extreme recoil.

Diggy    0

Iv'e played on an island life server before that had sawed-off shotguns that you could buy. They looked really cool, but not sure if it's apart of a certain weapon pack.

Lucky    0

Iv'e played on an island life server before that had sawed-off shotguns that you could buy. They looked really cool, but not sure if it's apart of a certain weapon pack.

Believe thats TCG Made, they got really butthurt about everyone stealing their addons and missionfile and started to sue everyone who did, so no luck with those :) I will be modeling these ones though, so yay!

Vic    0

I'd love a secondary sawed off shotgun. Would make for more interesting role play, and the ability to do stuff with the double barrel shotgun. Maybe make it an option to put the rounds in the secondary ammo slots?

Buck99    0

It would be cool if someone could make a judge handgun

judge3.jpg

Lucky    0

Possible as I own one, not too sure though. Ammo in secondary slots is very possible though, like RH did with the masterkey M4s. But as I'm not too skilled with scripting, I would wait to let that happen.

Thanks for the idea Mexsion, I will be trying to model a Double Barrel Pistol now xD

Max Simons    9

No use for more shot gun primary's but secondary would be amazing, sawn off secondary shotty 10/10

Lucky    0

maybe something better textured and better sounds? :P

Mikachu    26

If you make a model with textures etc I could rig it with the current double barrel anims pretty easy and config it as a pistol like the MP7 & PP2000 are currently

Lucky    0

alright Tamaster that could work, but can you switch the animations to work more like a primary? so it doesn't look like you are one handing a 12 gauge? Im not doing the TOZ as a secondary, the 870 sure but not a 4 Gauge.... you would break your forearm xD

Valkerion    0

alright Tamaster that could work, but can you switch the animations to work more like a primary? so it doesn't look like you are one handing a 12 gauge? Im not doing the TOZ as a secondary, the 870 sure but not a 4 Gauge.... you would break your forearm xD

imagine this in pistol form :P the pure lols

[video=youtube]