Server time: 2017-10-23, 04:26
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
CharlesTravesty

Plane : Rarity?

Question

So, I've been told the plane is super rare, but both times I went to the NWAF, it's casually just been sitting inside of the hangar. Am I just that lucky, I guess?

Am I just that lucky, I guess?

Answer:

Yes and no.

14 answers to this question

Voodoo    491

Guess you are lucky ive never found it :P

/moving to questions

Alan Woods    5

Well,nobody bothers to move it or take it off since it's a bitch to fly and land for most people...

Baron    2

Be careful with planes, owning them never goes too well in dayZRP. :P

Well,nobody bothers to move it or take it off since it's a bitch to fly and land for most people...

Is it? Hm. I guess they don't realize you can land while still going like 90 KPH.

phyrox    0

hmm i think they are pretty common i am not sure though, maybe i´ve been lucky like you. however everytime i found the plane a restart has just occurred

hmm i think they are pretty common i am not sure though, maybe i´ve been lucky like you. however everytime i found the plane a restart the restart has just occurred

Yeah, the server I think had just restarted. Well, lucky me, I get to sit here with a plane and pretend I'm amazing. :D

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Most people who take it cant fly, so they crash it. Thus making it easy to find after restarts at its spawn point.

phyrox    0

hmm i think they are pretty common i am not sure though, maybe i´ve been lucky like you. however everytime i found the plane a restart the restart has just occurred

Yeah, the server I think had just restarted. Well, lucky me, I get to sit here with a plane and pretend I'm amazing. :D

haha sounds awesome :D

Most people who take it cant fly, so they crash it. Thus making it easy to find after restarts at its spawn point.

that is what i think as well. i wonder if their character knows how to fly in game because it does not seem that they can do it themselves :troll:

Othuyeg    20

Yep, the rarity comes from the fact that it is very very hard to maintain operational. It is easy to predict where it lands and it will be shot up very soon or stolen and eventually destroyed. Hiding it also quite impossible and if it is found by someone it is either stolen, crashed or shot up.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Theyre not that rare. People usually log off in the hanger, wait for restart and get it. Then they start helicrash or stashhunting and just eject when they're out of fuel.

Should either be removed, or not make it respawn every restart and at least let them spawn on different locations.

Mellstrom    21

I find that landing any kind of propeller driven aircraft in arma (including the c130) is easy. There is tons of places to land, the biplane only need to go at about 40 to take off and that can be easily obtained if you have a clear runway/field or slope at about 150m.

Conor    254

I find that landing any kind of propeller driven aircraft in arma (including the c130) is easy. There is tons of places to land, the biplane only need to go at about 40 to take off and that can be easily obtained if you have a clear runway/field or slope at about 150m.

This is very true. A friend and I once flew around takistan challenging eachother to land the C-130 in different places. Mountain ridges, small valleys etc.

Practice makes perfect!

Yesterday on Armoury I managed to land a SU-34 on the solnichny docks. Don't ask how, I was surprised to be alive.

But alas, there are no SU-34s in RP (Thank god) but yeah, the AN-2 is really good, easy to fly and takeoff/land almost anywhere with practice.

You could land it in the middle of Cherno is the wings fit!

In terms of an answer to you being lucky? I guess your answer is yes. However due to the reasons above it is something to bear in mind :)