Cepelyn

Close S3 ?

You agree  

42 members have voted

1. 1. You agree

• Yes
    • No

Cepelyn    1

Hey i have like suggestion as you know there is allot of desync in S1/2 servers. I know Rolle hosting dayz rp from he's PC after they added S3 hardcore there is a terrible desync and lagging so i suggesting to close this S3 server i understand that there is allot of loot. but there is no players because allot of people like to play 3rd person i know allot of you will going to be against that but look from other direction there will not going to be so much desync and lagging.

And to be fair there is no Rp in S3 because, if you find somebody wondering around , you will try to stay away from him or avoid and be safe.Because lets face the fact S3 only just for loot they could add that Loot to S1 and S2 and delete S3 and it would not lag so mach and it would lower the desync

Lil_Beefy    0

I like S3, once it's full features are added I'm sure you will aswell. Also, your point about d-sync in S1/S2 is probably because of the large amount of players online while also having large settlements like Trade Post. When i think about it, it's only really S2 that has the issues with d-sync.

S3 was a test for the concept. Sadly there is no encouragement to go on there due to everything interesting happening on S2. In time hopefully this will be rectified but as it stands S3 is a waste and is fostering the negative loot focused attitude.

Yuval    2

Yes. People got overhyped about first person and in the end even though S3 Had TP for a while, no one visited as first person is annoying.

I find that 1st person is realistic, even though it is bad with Arma II. When you are chasing people via car or on foot you have to be extra careful with the fact you can't 3rd person over walls and in the car you have to actively look around and not just 3rd person. At the end of the day it's a game and I get that but S3 could bring a lot of interesting encounters. Also firefights that last hours because of 3rd won't happen on S3 which would make it a lot of fun and bring a new way to play. The server has Trade Post and Settlements from what I saw, it just lacks people playing it

Andrew    0

I'm pretty sure the desync is from the trade post not server 3. I have two opinions on this, one i think that s3 doesn't need to be around because not many people use it. However for the people who do i think its a very good idea and I think that maybe once more features are implemented it might take off. So I would at least keep it for now.

Cepelyn    1

I'm pretty sure the desync is from the trade post not server 3. I have two opinions on this, one i think that s3 doesn't need to be around because not many people use it. However for the people who do i think its a very good idea and I think that maybe once more features are implemented it might take off. So I would at least keep it for now.

When they added S3 the desycn and lag appeared before it was as well but it wasn't that much as now

Frozen    45

If I'm correct Rolle has 2 server boxs so he would be hosting 1-2 server on a different box...

That's how it used to be at least.

Mikachu    26

Hey i have like suggestion as you know there is allot of desync in S1/2 servers. I know Rolle hosting dayz rp from he's PC after they added S3 hardcore there is a terrible desync and lagging#

This is completely unrelated. S3 runs on a completely different machine than S1/2. It has no effect on them whatsoever.

so i suggesting to close this S3 server i understand that there is allot of loot.

This is also false, the loot table on S3 is exactly the same as S1/2. There are NO differences between S3 and S1/2 other than the first person. NONE AT ALL.

but there is no players because allot of people like to play 3rd person i know allot of you will going to be against that but look from other direction there will not going to be so much desync and lagging.

And to be fair there is no Rp in S3 because, if you find somebody wondering around , you will try to stay away from him or avoid and be safe.Because lets face the fact S3 only just for loot they could add that Loot to S1 and S2 and delete S3 and it would not lag so mach and it would lower the desync

Red edits are mine.

S3 is growing, it is a concept server atm and with 1.4.0 it will be updated to have some more hardcore features and changes. also - just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should be removed, that is a incredibly selfish pov to take.

Hofer    20

I know Rolle hosting dayz rp from he's PC

False. All 3 servers are running on separate servers dedicated to running the DayZRP servers.

Cepelyn    1

Hey i have like suggestion as you know there is allot of desync in S1/2 servers. I know Rolle hosting dayz rp from he's PC after they added S3 hardcore there is a terrible desync and lagging#

This is completely unrelated. S3 runs on a completely different machine than S1/2. It has no effect on them whatsoever.

so i suggesting to close this S3 server i understand that there is allot of loot.

This is also false, the loot table on S3 is exactly the same as S1/2. There are NO differences between S3 and S1/2 other than the first person. NONE AT ALL.

but there is no players because allot of people like to play 3rd person i know allot of you will going to be against that but look from other direction there will not going to be so much desync and lagging.

Red edits are mine.

S3 is growing, it is a concept server atm and with 1.4.0 it will be updated to have some more hardcore features and changes. also - just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should be removed, that is a incredibly selfish pov to take.

Okay then but then is another question why there is so much desyn and lag because it wasn't that bad does that machine run on the same network as S1/2 perhaps ?

Hofer    20

Okay then but then is another question why there is so much desyn and lag because it wasn't that bad does that machine run on the same network as S1/2 perhaps ?

It runs on the same network, however it is a 1000/1000mbit line. It will not affect S1 or S2.

Mikachu    26

Red edits are mine.

Do you play on S2?

S2 has more lag for a few reasons;

TP creates a small amount of desync when you are within loading distance of it.

At peak times people are constantly trying to join, the server struggles with the constant connections and disconnects.

The more players with 200> ping or low bandwidth the worse, every one increases lag and desync for everyone else.

Cepelyn    1

It runs on the same network, however it is a 1000/1000mbit line. It will not affect S1 or S2.

Oka so then from there is this desync and lagging ?

Hofer    20

Oka so then from there is this desync and lagging ?

I have no idea. I have not experienced less/more desync after S3 was added. Might be on your side.

Cepelyn    1

Red edits are mine.

Do you play on S2?

S2 has more lag for a few reasons;

TP creates a small amount of desync when you are within loading distance of it.

At peak times people are constantly trying to join, the server struggles with the constant connections and disconnects.

The more players with 200> ping or low bandwidth the worse, every one increases lag and desync for everyone else.

How can we ( players) make lover desync and lag ?

Maybe add if you have 250 Ping you going to get kicked out automatically (from the game i mean)?

Mikachu    26

Maybe add if you have 250 Ping you going to get kicked out automatically (from the game i mean)?

That would then stop many, many players from ever playing RP again.

The best way to stop desync honestly is to try and get better net if you can, and DON'T spam enter to join a server

Cepelyn    1

The best way to stop desync honestly is to try and get better net if you can, and DON'T spam enter to join a server

Yeah that's true but i net is good every time i join i have like 80 90 ping

Andrew    0

If Rolle ever added a ping limit I would cry. Honestly, from Australia i get a ping of about 380 (jumped up from 320 about the same time TP was added?) and I hardly ever experience de-sync. I experienced it once the other day in a ural and that was the first time in weeks.

Mathematics    0

I like S3, so I'll say it should stay. Just can't take the camera-shaking in first-person. Someone, remove the camera-shake!

Valkerion    0

I like S3, so I'll say it should stay. Just can't take the camera-shaking in first-person. Someone, remove the camera-shake!

You can turn that off

Just turn down the "head bob" option

Mathematics    0

You can turn that off

Just turn down the "head bob" option

Oh.... Didn't know. My motion sickness was always killing me IG so hopefully that'll fix it. Thanks.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Discussing closing S3 right now is absurd. It has added no lag (as explained by staff above) and is the only actual immersive server of the 3 of them. If I wasn't in a clan I would be on it exclusively.

At the very least wait until the next patch when more features to it are added, right now this thread is pointless as the main features of S3 have not even been added.

All Australians would be forced to leave and perhaps some West Coast Americans (not too sure about the US ping levels).

But there is literally no way any Australian could play on these servers, I myself get a minimum of 400 ping. Hence my arse being kicked from the server constantly.