Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:53
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

No more super zombies!

Ugh! Between DayZ's crappy zombie pathing, glitchy movement, and laggy responses, having zombies that can essentially kill you from full blood in one glitched hit is nonsense! DayZRP zombies are already considerably more powerful than standard DayZ's zombies.

With a normal zombie, even if one of them gets a lucky hit and knocks you out, you have a chance to wake up and get away if he's alone. With these silly super zombies, you're dead by the time the hourglass even pops up.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that they can soak up half a magazine of ammo before they go down.

I left just after they were implemented, so I had little experience with them. Coming back and encountering them almost makes me wish I hadn't. I felt like the DayZRP devs did a good job of making zombies a bigger threat before, but the super zombies are almost game-breaking to me.

jakem10001    1

I do agree with this statement and that the zombies are a tad OP and very glitchy, however you have to consider the fact that if this were to happen in real life terms, the zombies would take a lot to go down. As usually in the books and TV shows about them only a shot to the head can really 'kill' an infected. But the strength of the zombies attacks, i grant you is over the top, as a hit from one took me from 12k blood to 8 yesterday in stary.

Wunsleh    10

I wouldnt have had a problem with them if they werent glitching all the time.

Cleared out the barracks? Good now let me get a zombie that can run through walls. Sneaking through a town? Let me aggro those zeds even though your indicator shows you made no noise or moved whatsoever.

Toorrik    4

In our next patch, zombie pathing is going to be very improved from what I hear.

Also Stealth gameplay will be more viable and rewarding because it works better now.

Honestly, I'd wait till we have 1.4.0 out and then test the zombies again as they will be act differently to as they do now. The OPness of them may be slightly nulled then as they path better.

I do agree with this statement and that the zombies are a tad OP and very glitchy, however you have to consider the fact that if this were to happen in real life terms, the zombies would take a lot to go down. As usually in the books and TV shows about them only a shot to the head can really 'kill' an infected. But the strength of the zombies attacks, i grant you is over the top, as a hit from one took me from 12k blood to 8 yesterday in stary.

These aren't undead, they're humans. Humans infected with a disease that makes them go crazy. Besides, there's a balance between realism and fun. I don't mind dangerous zombies, and I wouldn't mind THESE zombies if they didn't jitter around, warp, hit you when you're 10 meters away, phase/hit through walls, or somehow not register hits when you shoot them sometimes.

In our next patch, zombie pathing is going to be very improved from what I hear.

Also Stealth gameplay will be more viable and rewarding because it works better now.

Honestly, I'd wait till we have 1.4.0 out and then test the zombies again as they will be act differently to as they do now. The OPness of them may be slightly nulled then as they path better.

That's good to hear. I like being sneaky, and nothing's more irritating than flawlessly slipping in and out of a store only to have some asshole zombie spot me from 100m away in the middle of the night because his detection AI glitched out.

jakem10001    1

The glitchiness to which the zombies work is because of crappy ArmA 2 engine, that really was not designed for a zombie game.

Lil_Beefy    0

I don't mind their strength, gives me something to worry about IC when I'm alone and out looting up. Avoid them, use silent weapons (melee or SD) when taking them out and you should be fine. You soon learn their pathing and you can use that to your advantage, I see them run up to me and I have that split second to swing my axe and continue backing up to get another swing. It's basically trial and error until you get it right.

Toorrik    4

That's good to hear. I like being sneaky, and nothing's more irritating than flawlessly slipping in and out of a store only to have some asshole zombie spot me from 100m away in the middle of the night because his detection AI glitched out.

I'm not 100% on the details but from what I've been told, they have a much narrower field of vision, so you can easily sneak around or behind zombies and they SHOULDN'T randomly turn around and scream at you. Then there were some pathing tweaks to make them run better.

simiskovich    0

[uPDATED] - Increased Zed Sight from 100 to 200 meters.

* [uPDATED] - Updated sight and sound for zeds

-- Added chance based sight system (on seen depending on the range between you and the target there is a chance you will not be targeted).

-- Sound updated to support a higher instant target sound from 60 to 80 (this is the amount of sound the player is making)

-- Sound updated to support any sound below 80 and aboue 6 must be in the zeds line of sight before your targeted,

-- Zeds FOV changed from 45 to 30. (this is the angle they can spot you on)

Looks like the zombies are indeed getting changed but notgetting nerfed 100%.

Ark    231

I have to say I find the zombies on rp rather easy (if im alone) now stand alone is a whole other story......

Zoraldo MMO    0

I don't find the zombies too OP, I have not been killed by one yet but I enjoy them being a real threat sometimes. Only thing that bugs me is the AI they jerk around the place making a head shot 1/100.

Mikachu    26

[uPDATED] - Increased Zed Sight from 100 to 200 meters.

* [uPDATED] - Updated sight and sound for zeds

-- Added chance based sight system (on seen depending on the range between you and the target there is a chance you will not be targeted).

-- Sound updated to support a higher instant target sound from 60 to 80 (this is the amount of sound the player is making)

-- Sound updated to support any sound below 80 and aboue 6 must be in the zeds line of sight before your targeted,

-- Zeds FOV changed from 45 to 30. (this is the angle they can spot you on)

Looks like the zombies are indeed getting changed but notgetting nerfed 100%.

Pretty much this.

They also have a new night system where the zombies rely almost entirely on sound and not sight at night time.

The zombie attacks are also better, less laggy and unfair. They do a tiny amount less damage and are slightly less tough now.

As always though, go for headshots and it's always a one shot kill ok normal zeds.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

I don't find them that hard to kill.Yes they are a bit glitchy but they don't need a nerf in my opinion.In the end of the day they are supposed to be dangerous.

Burgz    6

I hate the zombies right now too. You can't shoot them because they're running left to right, flying about and when they get close enough for you to be able to get a headshot, they still hit you after you've killed them. Even so, it usually takes more than one headshot. I initiated on Staggs the other day, 3 zombies ran from behind me all hit me at once and I got knocked out. Sad times.

Hopefully the update increases them as much as you say!

Yuval    2

Never found them an issue. The only thing i dislike on the zombies is unfair deaths, like one punching rambo zombies, and hoards making you fall to that slowass animation.

Clammy    0

I understand they only did this to reduce server lag. Personally I think that the server was fine before super zombies evolved into the game but it is quite annoying. Also, IRL if zombies did attack the world, they would be able to kill you with one Bite/Strike.

Valkerion    0

they would be able to kill you with one Bite/Strike.

Would they? pretty sure iv been bitten before and struck a few times in fights or by accidents im definitely not dead...

Clammy    0

they would be able to kill you with one Bite/Strike.

Would they? pretty sure iv been bitten before and struck a few times in fights or by accidents im definitely not dead...

Well have you ever been bitten in the neck and had the flesh rip out of you? ;)

Sin    127

If you can headshot a zombie, why can't zombies headshot you?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

If you can headshot a zombie, why can't zombies headshot you?

Cause they are glitchy as fuck.

Roofcake    8

People say how it's unfair with a one hit death punch. I an RP sense, if a zombie bites you or gets a shot at your jugular, you won't be alive very long.

But I understand about how long people survive and gear up, just to get killed in one hit from a zombie.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

People say how it's unfair with a one hit death punch. I an RP sense, if a zombie bites you or gets a shot at your jugular, you won't be alive very long.

But I understand about how long people survive and gear up, just to get killed in one hit from a zombie.

In a RP sense they wouldn't hit you trough fucking walls.

Roofcake    8

In a RP sense they wouldn't hit you trough fucking walls.

Nah, I was just saying like when people stand in the open shooting at them. Hitting through walls is BS, but it's Arma.

Husky    0

I like the zombies being a real threat for once in Dayz history.

They have always just.. kinda been there and been slightly annoying.

Now you actually have to be careful when you risk going into larger cities or high zombie spawn areas like Stary tents.

I do agree the pathing sucks though but that's not something Rolle can fix i'm sure, that's something we'll have to get from Dean and his crew which I think they are working on.

But I don't want the zombies nerfed.